Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most stands-worth-taking are.

There was a hunting/camping/outdoor/gun show up north scheduled for a few weeks ago -- biggest show in the country. They banned "modern sporting rifles" from the show because of all the hullaballoo. The ban would've affected only a small number of vendors ... most didn't sell such weapons. So many vendors pulled out -- including vendors that don't even sell guns, much less "modern sporting rifles" (like Horton Crossbows, tent manufacturers, boat companies, etc.) -- that they ended up having to cancel the whole show.

They lost customers. They lost sponsors. They lost vendors. You might be surprised at how united this industry can be. Here's hoping Larue is a trendsetter.

SnakeDoc
I'm about 10 minutes from Harrisburg. They say the city lost about 80 Million dollars in revenue. I feel sorry for the local business that would have benefited from this but was quite pleased at how united people were. I think people are starting to realize "stand together or hang separately"!

I'm about 10 minutes from Harrisburg. They say the city lost about 80 Million dollars in revenue. I feel sorry for the local business that would have benefited from this but was quite pleased at how united people were. I think people are starting to realize "stand together or hang separately"!

Yup I live close to hoodonit. This was an awesome stand.

Yup. I read that as well. Sucks, but people need to draw a line and make a stand. Magpul has threatened to pick up and move their business out of state....and take their jobs with the.

I heard about that show. I thought they said no displaying of military style rifles? Regardless, they shut that sucka down and perhaps for a good reason. I can't see why the show promoters would take such a stand against something that isn't even illegal. Wasn't like they were selling drugs :huh

I hope you guys are right about LaRue but I don't have faith in it personally. One thing you can count on in life and that is everyone has a price, that's how they break unions, and with the large gubment contracts that sometimes renew for years and years, I wouldn't put money on it!

I hope you guys are right about LaRue but I don't have faith in it personally. One thing you can count on in life and that is everyone has a price, that's how they break unions, and with the large gubment contracts that sometimes renew for years and years, I wouldn't put money on it!

My LGS always has stuff that's LEO, not sure that has anything to do with a contract, or if LaRue has any to begin with.

Well, if they don't have any government contracts, the stance is kinda meaningless...no risk. :huh

There are lot's of items for LEO. I believe LaRue is saying you (LEO) can only buy what the citizens in your area can buy (from us). For example, if CA says you can only use X muzzle break but cops can still have X & Y muzzle break, then LaRue's position is "We'll only ship X break to CA."

If LaRue has a contract to provide whatever and they decided to break their contract, then that's another story.

Maybe...in this market though, you can say anything and boost sales.

I figure it'd be difficult to boost sales at all in a market like this. Production is at its limits. Civilian sales are already as high as they can get. Hell ... background checks actually fell last month because of lack of supply. The buyers are there ... there just aren't enough weapons to go around. Its most likely a genuine policy statement. They don't need marketing stunts.

Hopefully, it'll return to equilibrium sooner rather than later.

SnakeDoc

Hey guys,

My brother is looking to buy a pink 22 pistol for his wife for her birthday, but he isn't having any luck since all the craziness started. Any one got any leads on one?

Hey guys,

My brother is looking to buy a pink 22 pistol for his wife for her birthday, but he isn't having any luck since all the craziness started. Any one got any leads on one?

Might look into this: SIG SAUER EXCLUSIVE MOS-22-PNK. Budsgunshop is currently out but Gunbroker has a few listed.

I figure it'd be difficult to boost sales at all in a market like this. Production is at its limits. Civilian sales are already as high as they can get. Hell ... background checks actually fell last month because of lack of supply. The buyers are there ... there just aren't enough weapons to go around. Its most likely a genuine policy statement. They don't need marketing stunts.

Hopefully, it'll return to equilibrium sooner rather than later.

SnakeDoc

I was actually responding to the poster who said that policy might boost civilian sales. As the market is today, they can say anything and boost sales...if they have stock to sell.

Like I said, if they have no state government contracts, the statement is worthless...just a lot of "Who shot John?"

I was actually responding to the poster who said that policy might boost civilian sales. As the market is today, they can say anything and boost sales...if they have stock to sell.

Like I said, if they have no state government contracts, the statement is worthless...just a lot of "Who shot John?"

I know. That's that point. Civilian sales are already maxed out. Nobody has any inventory. A statement can't increase sales past the maximum.

I figure its genuine. They don't need marketing gimmicks right now. They can't sell any more than they already are.

SnakeDoc

Back