Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've got an 870 Marine Magnum.

P1040337.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

Nice! The one I'm looking at with the knoxx recoil adjustable stock will cost around $800 after shipping and FFL transfer fee. I wanted to know if its worth it. I read that the police model goes through a different process when they build it, also in a different factory.

I hit a gun show this weekend. By and large it seemed like pricing had returned closer to normal. Except ammo that is. Saw plenty of Ar's. most of them very close to retail cost. Pmags were plentiful but still around $30.

The point was, the new policy doesn't really amount to much if they aren't really risking any sales loss, as you so poiangly pointed out. It's just something to get the fanboys going.

EFI and Olympic Arms have followed LaRue's lead. Magpul is going to leave Colorado in wake of new magazine limits, taking it's massive manufacturing facilities, jobs and millions of revenue with it. Cheaper Than Dirt is prohibiting sales to government agencies as well (although they could use the positive PR within the community).

This is going way beyond "fanboys".

EFI and Olympic Arms have followed LaRue's lead. Magpul is going to leave Colorado in wake of new magazine limits, taking it's massive manufacturing facilities, jobs and millions of revenue with it. Cheaper Than Dirt is prohibiting sales to government agencies as well (although they could use the positive PR within the community).

so has Spikes:

spikes_zpse3403188.jpg

I hit a gun show this weekend. By and large it seemed like pricing had returned closer to normal. Except ammo that is. Saw plenty of Ar's. most of them very close to retail cost. Pmags were plentiful but still around $30.

Yeah the pricing seems to have leveled, but it's still hard to find stuff like you could in November. Ammo will probably be scarce until this summer it seems. Which sucks because even if you score a new item you can't feed it anything at the range.

Again, if they don't have local and state municipalities buying from them already, the gesture is an empty one in my opinion. So you get a few retailers along with some manufacturers, who don't have local and state contracts at risk, to say they won't sell to these states in question. It really amounts to just selling wooden nickels.

Now picking up and moving manufacturing facilities, now that has some legs!

Again, if they don't have local and state municipalities buying from them already, the gesture is an empty one in my opinion. So you get a few retailers along with some manufacturers, who don't have local and state contracts at risk, to say they won't sell to these states in question. It really amounts to just selling wooden nickels.

brah, what is wrong with you? why cant you be happy that gun companys have the ***** to fight against all of this bullcrap?

Do you really think a company as reputable as Larue and those that are following their lead would make a statement like this if they were not already selling high volumes to law enforcement in those states?

Why dont you go join some forums like ar15 and see how many pissed off law enforcement individuals there are because of this. Not only buying for duty use, but also for private collections. Do some research of your own before you start calling bullcrap on things.

Some people just don't get it i guess. :slap

you do realize that Magpul leaving Colorado will have a huge impact on thats state's economy right? :slap

brah, what is wrong with you? why cant you be happy that gun companys have the ***** to fight against all of this bullcrap?

Do you really think a company as reputable as Larue and those that are following their lead would make a statement like this if they were not already selling high volumes to law enforcement in those states?

Why dont you go join some forums like ar15 and see how many pissed off law enforcement individuals there are because of this. Not only buying for duty use, but also for private collections. Do some research of your own before you start calling bullcrap on things.

Some people just don't get it i guess. :slap

There's really nothing for me personally to be "happy" about. IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!, a bunch of cops getting angry cause they can't personally buy LaRue firearms (which is why I asked at the VERY beginning of this conversation,if LaRue had any local or state contracts? The original poster said he didn't know or that they didnt. Again, READ FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!) just doesn't amount to much in my book. It's an empty threat and selling wooden nickels UNTIL, those threats start costing politicians political cash...LIKE MOVING MANUFACTURING FACILITIES OR ALL THE MANUFACTURERS REFUSING TO SELL TO POLICE DEPARTMENTS!!! That will cost political cash...sh!+ politicians pay attention too!!!

If they can get ALL the manufacturers to stop selling, that would be outstanding. But as long as departments can just buy colt or bushmaster or S&W, it will be hard for this to mean anything. Again, why don't you go back and read my original post instead of jumping on one comment and getting your girlie skivvies all in a bunch.

Why is that so hard for you thick gun heads to get?!?! I don't disagree with the principle of what they are trying to do but it's not worth much until the politicians have some skin in the game.

Lets take this on in the PM realm cause this is the reason why we keep this thread about collecting and not gun culture discussions.

We are gonna collectively get this thread shut down...and I don't want to see that happen.

:gah:

Last edited:
There's really nothing for me personally to be "happy" about. IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!, a bunch of cops getting angry cause they can't personally buy LaRue firearms (which is why I asked at the VERY beginning of this conversation,if LaRue had any local or state contracts? The original poster said he didn't know or that they didnt. Again, READ FOR UNDERSTANDING!!!) just doesn't amount to much in my book. It's an empty threat and selling wooden nickels UNTIL, those threats start costing politicians political cash...LIKE MOVING MANUFACTURING FACILITIES OR ALL THE MANUFACTURERS REFUSING TO SELL TO POLICE DEPARTMENTS!!! That will cost political cash...sh!+ politicians pay attention too!!!

If they can get ALL the manufacturers to stop selling, that would be outstanding. But as long as departments can just buy colt or bushmaster or S&W, it will be hard for this to mean anything. Again, why don't you go back and read my original post instead of jumping on one comment and getting your girlie skivvies all in a bunch.

Why is that so hard for you thick gun heads to get?!?! I don't disagree with the principle of what they are trying to do but it's not worth much until the politicians have some skin in the game.

Lets take this on in the PM realm cause this is the reason why we keep this thread about collecting and not gun culture discussions.

We are gonna collectively get this thread shut down...and I don't want to see that happen.

:gah:

why don't you go take a Midol and calm down a bit. Movements like these start very small. No one on here said any of these companies are going to single handedly change states policies, but it is nice to see some companies giving up potential profits to stand up for what they believe in. If you want to stand on your soapbox and tell the world it means nothing, so be it. That is your right. You could however try to do it slightly more civilized.

Why don't you try reading a little more and talking (writing) a little less. If you did, you would see that I agree with their stance, I just don't think it holds much weight right now.

I was being very civilized responding to an attack on a stated opinion! I even said, on multiple occasions, this is MY opinion. As usual around here, if that OPINION doesn't jive with someone else's OPINION, you get dumped on for it. Hence the reason why this particular thread is not about discussions outside of gun collecting.

And again, if you care to debate it much further, please PM me.

so your mad that when you stated an opinion that disagreed with others' opinion, people then in turn restated their opinions. Makes perfect sense. I guess the part that bothered me was you were not able to do it without throwing out the F*word and trying to win the disagreement through insulting people.

btw, Google is your friend if your that curious about which companies sell to Law Enforcement and which currently do not.

Why don't you try reading a little more and talking (writing) a little less. If you did, you would see that I agree with their stance, I just don't think it holds much weight right now.

I was being very civilized responding to an attack on a stated opinion! I even said, on multiple occasions, this is MY opinion. As usual around here, if that OPINION doesn't jive with someone else's OPINION, you get dumped on for it. Hence the reason why this particular thread is not about discussions outside of gun collecting.

And again, if you care to debate it much further, please PM me.

We know its your opinion. Your opinion is wrong.

Let it go. You're the only one here having a hissy fit because people think you're wrong.

SnakeDoc

On top of that why don't you take that politics talk somewhere else before this thread gets shut down. Thanks

so your mad that when you stated an opinion that disagreed with others' opinion, people then in turn restated their opinions. Makes perfect sense. I guess the part that bothered me was you were not able to do it without throwing out the F*word and trying to win the disagreement through insulting people.

btw, Google is your friend if your that curious about which companies sell to Law Enforcement and which currently do not.

Again, you are inferring things I never said. I am not mad at all, albeit frustrated that some people, like yourself, can't have a decent discussion. I stated my opinion about what LaRue and several others companies were doing. You and a few others stated what you thought about my opinion. That's completely different. Not sure how else to make you understand as it seems you are bent on attacking and not listening/ reading. I never said two words about you or anyone else's opinion on the matter but you, in your infinite Google wisdom, decided you should attack my opinion. Theres no need for that...at all. If you disagree, just say you support LaRue and be done with it. Why drag what I said into your supportive statement?!?! Just so you can show how much of a LaRue fanboy you are??? Makes no sense and it is juvenile.

So you refuse to read...that is why you are speaking from a position of ignorance. My opinion is based on the conversation and post of the original poster...so no need to research a company I care nothing about. I simply said if they aren't canceling current contracts, withdrawing their participation in bidding or making an economic effect in any way, as reported by the OP, then the threat is empty. Period.

Your support for LaRue and god knows what else, blinds you from reading what I'm writing without interjecting your own preconceived ideas into it.

On top of that why don't you take that politics talk somewhere else before this thread gets shut down. Thanks

:lol. Ain't that a B...uhhh...how many times have I asked that we discuss this outside of the thread?!?! Do any of you guys read beyond the first page that loads up?!?!

It wasn't political until the fanboy beehive got all riled up :slap

Back