Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do my own reloads but I buy them sometimes when I run out of ammo with some time left on the clock. I say if you are gonna do it, make sure you have the time to do it right. I bought hundreds of rounds for a tactical class I took and my Glock 23 3 Gen ate it right up! Bought some at another LGS a few weeks back and with all the FTEs it made for a very frustrating shoot! And I can usually put anything through that Glock.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9kmPQCH98&list=UUczrL-2b-gYK3l4yDld4XlQ&index=2[/ame]

I don't do my own reloads but I buy them sometimes when I run out of ammo with some time left on the clock. I say if you are gonna do it, make sure you have the time to do it right. I bought hundreds of rounds for a tactical class I took and my Glock 23 3 Gen ate it right up! Bought some at another LGS a few weeks back and with all the FTEs it made for a very frustrating shoot! And I can usually put anything through that Glock.

From everything I've heard it is a huge no no to use reloads in a Glock. They even say so in the manual. Besides that I wouldn't trust reloads from someone else unless you know they are trustworthy.

From everything I've heard it is a huge no no to use reloads in a Glock. They even say so in the manual. Besides that I wouldn't trust reloads from someone else unless you know they are trustworthy.

Yeah, I've never had a problem before. The guys I bought them from during that tact class had quality stuff and I've dealt with them for some time. The more recent ones came from an unknown source and it was just a box of 50 to finish off my shoot. I really trust the gun smith there but now I know their reloads are garbage. I'm done with em.

I've never had a problem with any ammo through my Glock until that box. Now my wife's Sig P238...special case there...only a few brands cycle through that one with ease.

I'll try to get pics up but the other day my wife surprised me with a custom shop exclusive 1981 unfired colt python!

It was a special run of 250 guns made in 1981 to celebrate the Durham county police dept turning 100(1881-1881). It came in a wooden presentation box with the sheriff dept seal on top and the gun itself has a special anniversary ingraving. It's a real piece of art, I can't begin to describe how happy I am.

I'll try to get pics up but the other day my wife surprised me with a custom shop exclusive 1981 unfired colt python!

It was a special run of 250 guns made in 1981 to celebrate the Durham county police dept turning 100(1881-1881). It came in a wooden presentation box with the sheriff dept seal on top and the gun itself has a special anniversary ingraving. It's a real piece of art, I can't begin to describe how happy I am.

Super cool man.
But the big question is are you going to shoot it? If it's been fired I would shoot it, but if it's unfired I don't know if I could be the first. My dad has a smith 357 that's some kind of special thing(not nearly as cool as yours) and he hasn't shot it. He says he's going to but hasn't yet.

Then again I can't own guns that I don't shoot so I guess I would shoot it eventually

Super cool man.
But the big question is are you going to shoot it? If it's been fired I would shoot it, but if it's unfired I don't know if I could be the first. My dad has a smith 357 that's some kind of special thing(not nearly as cool as yours) and he hasn't shot it. He says he's going to but hasn't yet.

Then again I can't own guns that I don't shoot so I guess I would shoot it eventually

Nope it's never been fired and I have no plans of firing it. I just don't want to pop that cherry, lol.

I hear you man. Hell I'd probably wear gloves to handle it :)

Yeah....um....I actually did wear my wife's Tiffany jewelry gloves, I just didn't want to get any prints on the finish....I'm **** bout it, lol!

If photo bucket didn't I'd have pics up by now, it really is a work of art.

Yeah....um....I actually did wear my wife's Tiffany jewelry gloves, I just didn't want to get any prints on the finish....I'm **** bout it, lol!

If photo bucket didn't I'd have pics up by now, it really is a work of art.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:1-1:
That's hilarious and yet I understand

That's funny. I went to the gun store today just to buy ammo and almost walked out with a super redhawk. I don't need another 44mag but this one had a trigger job done to it. Even double action was super smooth. It was like shooting a semi auto. It came with a Leopold scope too. It was tempting cuz I have a thing for 44mag but I really want either a smith 460 or glock 27 as my next gun. Eyes on the prize man.

Nope it's never been fired and I have no plans of firing it. I just don't want to pop that cherry, lol.

I know what you're saying. If I had a gun that special I wouldn't know what to do with it either. But you know what? Guns are meant to be shot. You'd be doing it an injustice. lol. I say pop the cherry. It'll hurt at first but after you pop it and the pain goes away, and you realize how good it feels. You'll never be able to stop it.

... see what I did there? LOL.:hi5::yess:

Went to the range today with my dad. There was a guy 2 booths down with a smith 500. Man was that thing loud! It was nuts. He was there with a buddy and they were shooting these little tiny targets...sorta. I offered him one of mine cuz I had a bunch of big ones. He was a cool dude. He let me and my dad shoot it. The recoil was surprisingly manageable. And it only had a 4" barrel. It kicked less than my super blackhawk. Or at least the same as it. Hell even my dad shot 2 rounds thru it. And my dad is 70 years old. Fun day. I needed it. Hard day at work. It's good to make friends at the range.

Just found this thread. I'll post my collection of real guns sometime soon.

nice! i've met lots of nice and cool people at ranges.

Hell yeah man. And just a few weeks ago a guy let me shoot a Smith460.
I loved shooting both. Makes me want to save up for a big bore revolver. You ever notice nobody's in a bad mood after an evening of shooting?

Hell yeah man. And just a few weeks ago a guy let me shoot a Smith460.
I loved shooting both. Makes me want to save up for a big bore revolver. You ever notice nobody's in a bad mood after an evening of shooting?

exactly! i always offer anyone interested to shoot my firearms. they usually kindly return the compliment which is bad for me because i end up thinking of getting one. ;)

exactly! i always offer anyone interested to shoot my firearms. they usually kindly return the compliment which is bad for me because i end up thinking of getting one. ;)

I offered the guy who had the 460 the chance to shoot my .44 but he declined. The guy with the 500 was leaving as soon as we finished. And I didn't actually have anything interesting with me last night anyway. I blame that on our current ammo supply.

On another note, I noticed something over the past few weeks. The range I frequent is always half empty. So is it like that when you guys shoot? That makes me think people are buying up the guns and buying up the ammo but not actually shooting them. What's the fun in that? Worse come to worse I can shoot just my shotguns. 12ga ammo is plentiful right now. Even 30-06 and some other rifle ammo was still available at Wally World

Back