Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still debating which compact pistol I want. I'd like to find a nice one and not pay too awful much because I want to buy a smith 460 around christmas or new years. Does anyone own a compact M&P? So many guns so little cash.

i have an M&P40c. here it is below a full size M&P45

i have an M&P40c. here it is below a full size M&P45

Yup that's the one. How is it? I think I'm still leaning towards that xds. Either way by June I should have a 45 or a 40 in my collection. I need another semi-auto to even out the revolvers.

My lgs actually had ammo in stock. I bought 2 boxes of 22lr for 45 bucks each and a box of 9mm. Only allowed to get 3 boxes at a time. My dad's going today to see if he can get more 9mm. But we're good on 22 for a while. Can't wait to go plinkin now. It feels weird. All my guns are clean. I used to shoot once a week and clean my firearms in between shootings. But I usually take 3 with me at a time so when it comes time to shoot again at least 1 is still dirty. Since I don't shoot as often and usually it's just 1 or 2 guns at the most now everything's clean. I've actually re-cleaned a couple just to be nit-picky.

congrats on the Sig!

btw, be sure to hold the FN. it's got a very thick grip.

Sweet gun. I did see an overpriced 2 tone version of the FNX45. It wasn't desert eagle thick but yeah that's a thick grip.

Man did I shoot that MK25 well yesterday. Surprisingly even in D/A. I yanked the 1st shot low but the next 4 were all in the center.

I still need to take my Mk25 out for the first time. havent had the time since I got her...plus the one time i did go to the indoor range they had no 9mm to sell. I have almost 2k rounds at home, sucks they cant let you bring your own ammo in.

I still need to take my Mk25 out for the first time. havent had the time since I got her...plus the one time i did go to the indoor range they had no 9mm to sell. I have almost 2k rounds at home, sucks they cant let you bring your own ammo in.

Your range won't let you bring your own ammo?! Do they at least tell you they're out of stock before you pay for range time?

My range never has 9mm either. They do let me use my own though. Had to stop myself at 100 rounds since 9 is so damn tough to find.

My range never has 9mm either. They do let me use my own though. Had to stop myself at 100 rounds since 9 is so damn tough to find.

Not only is it tough to find, but when you do it's expensive. The last few gun shows I went to the price was the same for 44mag as 9mm. So I said screw it and loaded up on 44

Yeah, I won't shoot more than 100 at a time now. And every shot I'm super critical if I mess up. It's like, every round is so important that to flinch a shot or get a bad group is frustrating even more.:panic:

I'm hoping now, that prices come back down to normal levels. The gouging was crazy.

Last edited:
I'm hoping now that prices come back down to normal levels. The gouging was crazy.

I paid $120 for 200 .223 and $85 for 250 9mm today. I am fine with price but supply is still so limited. I think it will be another year before supply get's more normal. At least to where you can walk into a shop and see some ammo on the shelves.

Actually, I was paying $75 for 250 9mm before, so that's close to regular price. The problem is finding it. My range wants to sell a box of 50 for $35-$40!!!

Last edited:
Yup that's the one. How is it? I think I'm still leaning towards that xds. Either way by June I should have a 45 or a 40 in my collection. I need another semi-auto to even out the revolvers.

i need more time behind it. it was my first .40 and i wasn't expecting the extra kick from it.

Yeah, I won't shoot more than 100 at a time now. And every shot I'm super critical if I mess up. It's like, every round is so important that to flinch a shot or get a bad group is frustrating even more.:panic:

I feel ya man. Lets just hope that we're all gaining valuable skills by trying to make every shot really count!!!!

Still, part of the fun is jut poppin' off a few rounds to blow off some steam....

Lets hope we start seeing more product on the shelves soon!!!!

congrats on the Sig!

btw, be sure to hold the FN. it's got a very thick grip.

Double Stacked awesomeness!!! I'd like to get the FN 45 Tactical sometime this year, but I think I"m gonna stick with my plan of getting an HK 45 compact tactical soon.

~~I scored a couple of new items yesterday. Picked up an H&R Handi Rifle chambered in .300 blackout and bought my wife a Sig Sauer mosquito after waiting for it to come in since January.

Something I started doing is only putting maybe 5 or 6 rounds of 9mm in a mag at a time. Then after the 1 mag is spent I'll move on to a different caliber. Then go back to 9. It makes your range time last longer and you find yourself taking more time in between shots to really line up your sights. Once ammo's back on the shelves tho I'm going shoot crazy.

I got my custom build code in Email from daniel defense. I got my DDm4 LW coming to me next week...Can't wait!

I was showing my 8-yeare-old daughter my 870...and within ten minutes she had an idea for a new type of safety for it. She is not likely to get rich on the idea. But I was impressed with how quickly she caught on to the various actions of the shotgun.

Here it is Daniel Defense DDm4 LW Mid-length 16", Geissel Trigger, chrome bolt carrier.

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

Back