Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Smith and Wesson also make 1911 pistols, but I have no experience with them and know no one who has.

Best bet may just be going to a range that rents guns and try out what you want.

well seems everyone can agree that Springfield is good, they are affordable, and I already love their products being a XDM owner.

Who here actually has a SA 1911? I see some people comparing the XD line to the 1911. There's a difference between the two lines. I'm not saying they are good or not, but I've heard they have a few issues. Can we hear from some SA 1911 owners?

I was 1911 shopping back in Jan that's why I'm bringing this up. I eventually decided on a Sig 1911. One of the best purchases I've made to date.

Who here actually has a SA 1911? I see some people comparing the XD line to the 1911. There's a difference between the two lines. I'm not saying they are good or not, but I've heard they have a few issues. Can we hear from some SA 1911 owners?

I was 1911 shopping back in Jan that's why I'm bringing this up. I eventually decided on a Sig 1911. One of the best purchases I've made to date.

I have a SA 1911 lightweight champion operator and it's great! The 1911 line is way different from the duty polymer line though.

Good choice with the Sig, they make excellent pistols no matter the model.

The two lines are very different. Which is why I wanted to make sure a SA 1911 owner said something. Also yes, the Sig was a great choice. I love it.

With my basement flooding and my car having some mechanical issues right after I don't have much of a budget. But have been debating getting an historical gun. Either a Tokarev or a P38. Leaning toward the P38. It is megatron after all.

Hmmm... never thought about a historic gun. I'm still working on my Remington 700 and outfitting my AR. I think I'm going to do a trigger job on my XD 45 next.

Get a ruger gp100. My dad has one and it's an absolute blast to shoot. I may be a little biased because I'm figuring out recently I'm a revolver guy and I love ruger

Thanks Ed, I will go check one out!

Went to my local Wal-Mart today to look for ammo. They had a large sign on the gun case...no longer selling rifles to IL residents. Wow...

For me I'm a Colt fan, I had 2 Colt's 1911, a Combat Commander and a Officer model.
Now I have a Kimber and it is a great shooter.
The only Colt's I have now are 2 AR15's in .223 and 9mm.

never been much of a 1911 fan. way more convenient and efficient handguns out there with higher mag capacity.

Thanks Ed, I will go check one out!

Went to my local Wal-Mart today to look for ammo. They had a large sign on the gun case...no longer selling rifles to IL residents. Wow...

Ahh you live in IL too. Yeah it kinda sux here with the gun laws.

And Nash I agree, I'm also not a big 1911 fan. They just don't do it for me for some reason.

I can see why it doesn't appeal to some. The polymer guns are more practical, but there is something about the 1911 that just screams bad ***. That's why many shows / games use a 1911s. Hell even Agent 47 uses 2. I've thought about it many times, during an end of the world scenerio which pistol I would grab first and it's always my XD.

I'm actually not the biggest fan of polymer guns either. That might be why I'm more of a revolver guy.

I almost passed out yesterday when I got the mail notification from the HKPRO forums that Midway had P7M8 magazines in stock. I had to run outside to order some because those are few and far between.

If I had to pick(shtf scenario) a polymer or 1911......I'm taking the glock 19 and never looking back.

If I had to pick(shtf scenario) a polymer or 1911......I'm taking the glock 19 and never looking back.

I would have to agree with you. Although, as I said not the biggest fan of polymer guns or I'm finding out semi autos in general, I can't deny glock's reliability. When we finally do get cc here in IL I'm probably going to go with either a glock 27, glock 36, or a springfield xds. Again this is all for reliability and the way it would sit in my pocket and the way they feel in my hand. I wouldn't holster my cc gun. It would be in my front pocket.

But for just plinking at the range I have to have a revolver with me.

Back