Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took my baby out to the range today. just got back. shot like a dream hitting steel targets 300-400 yards out with only iron sights.

Came home to find my scope was attempted to be delivered but got the door tag. will pick that up on monday then go to the range again tuesday.

P1xar, do you own any Trijicon Acogs? Im close to buying one, which ones do you have if you do?

Hey bro, those acogs are worth the price but since I hardly shoot I'll use the $ towards a pistol. I sampled my friends one and almost bought one. Nice rifle.

P1050301.jpg

This place looks very familiar. It wouldn't happen to be Richmond Rod and Gun Club would it?

oh man i really need to take the firearms safety course so I can get a handgun permit. I want that Gen 4 Glock 21 45.

im so jealous of you and your armory. unreal stuff.

you should. the HSC (handgun safety certificate) is not that hard. i only bought rifles in the beginning because i didn't want to take the test. man, it's a serious joke. lol 100%. easy A+!

took my baby out to the range today. just got back. shot like a dream hitting steel targets 300-400 yards out with only iron sights.

Came home to find my scope was attempted to be delivered but got the door tag. will pick that up on monday then go to the range again tuesday.

P1xar, do you own any Trijicon Acogs? Im close to buying one, which ones do you have if you do?

There is a goup buy for Trijicon ACOG's at Calguns, good until 9-5:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=457282

Contact GunSafari with your set up, and they will help you out.

talk about a small world. my friend got in on that group buy. he told me GunSafari is good to deal with. great prices and fast shipping. i'm paying off a couple of pistols i have on layaway so i'm not able to get in on it. :monkey2

Thanks Pix and My lord. I ended up jumping in on the Acog group buy. Got my TA31H secured and on its way to me!

mounted the scope tonight and going to the range in the morning to zero her in. Cant waiiiiiitttttt!

And the Acog will arrive next tuesday :rock

a584a5a9.jpg

^^ that thing looks awesome!

I have a few questions... I went to the range yesterday and my Glock17 jamed twice. Its a new gun and i`ve fired only 150 rounds with it. I was told Glocks were safe and never jam so i was surprised when it happened.

But, i was using reloaded rounds. Could that be the problem? Is it safe to use reloaded rounds on a Glock?

IMG_1.jpg

Im not the most knowledgeable person, but I think using reloaded rounds is a big reason why guns jam or have feeding failures.

Reloaded rounds may have minor damage to the shell which can cause improper seating etc. It is safe, as long as you know how to properly clear a failure and not keep loading another round while there is still one in the barrel......kaboom!

oh man i really need to take the firearms safety course so I can get a handgun permit. I want that Gen 4 Glock 21 45.

im so jealous of you and your armory. unreal stuff.

In my state you can not only get a permit but a license to carry concealed with a simple application. They pull your records and finger print you. You then pay them $36 and you are on your way. :rock

In my state you can not only get a permit but a license to carry concealed with a simple application. They pull your records and finger print you. You then pay them $36 and you are on your way. :rock

damn that is pretty cool. im just glad we are not required to have a damn bullet button on all of our stuff.

^^ that thing looks awesome!

I have a few questions... I went to the range yesterday and my Glock17 jamed twice. Its a new gun and i`ve fired only 150 rounds with it. I was told Glocks were safe and never jam so i was surprised when it happened.

But, i was using reloaded rounds. Could that be the problem? Is it safe to use reloaded rounds on a Glock?

IMG_1.jpg
I'm not a Glock guy but am a member of a gun board. Just from what I've read on there, reloads are a big no no in Glocks. Supposed to be in the firearms manual you get with the gun not to use them. I've heard that the reloads can cause the gun to kaboom. Check into it further before firing reloads for your own safety.

Im not the most knowledgeable person, but I think using reloaded rounds is a big reason why guns jam or have feeding failures.

Reloaded rounds may have minor damage to the shell which can cause improper seating etc. It is safe, as long as you know how to properly clear a failure and not keep loading another round while there is still one in the barrel......kaboom!

I'm not a Glock guy but am a member of a gun board. Just from what I've read on there, reloads are a big no no in Glocks. Supposed to be in the firearms manual you get with the gun not to use them. I've heard that the reloads can cause the gun to kaboom. Check into it further before firing reloads for your own safety.

Thanks. I`ll never use those again :peace

Back