Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ that thing looks awesome!

I have a few questions... I went to the range yesterday and my Glock17 jamed twice. Its a new gun and i`ve fired only 150 rounds with it. I was told Glocks were safe and never jam so i was surprised when it happened.

But, i was using reloaded rounds. Could that be the problem? Is it safe to use reloaded rounds on a Glock?

IMG_1.jpg

When you say jammed, did the round fail to chamber, and get hung up? Glocks usually eat everything no problem. Any firearm can jam, or malfunction for various reasons.

It could be a number of things, might be a bad magazine. Try using different magazines, and leave them loaded for a few days to loosen the springs up a bit to see if it helps.

In regards to reloaded ammo, quality reloads are generally good to go(never really know with reloads), but do not shoot non FMJ ammo through stock Glock barrels. Also stay away from cheap Russian ammo like Tula, Wolf, Brown Bear now those seem to go KABOOM more often it seems, unless you're shooting a AK of course.:lol

Rally nice, a Magpul PRS on that and you have a really nice precision rifle!

Thanks guys!

I was really considering the PRS stock, i really like the look of it....but I actually prefer a lighter rig than something too heavy. Plus, it's only a 16" barrel so i'm pretty sure the added weight of the PRS stock will off-balance the rifle.

Since you have the CBS stock you could own both for different shooting styles ;) (The PRS for prone shooting and the CBS when your standing)

I have the PRS and the harris bipod plus the Accu-shot monopod which you mount at the little picatinyrail on the PRS, almost too easy to shoot :p

The new Gen 4 Glocks have had issues with FTF/FTE. Something to do with the recoil spring assembly. If it's not a Gen 4, then you might be limp wristing the gun. This has been known to cause feeding issues in Glocks.

Man this guy has the best job!

I want this so bad

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYAnhDE46BE"]Glock 21 Gen 4 - YouTube[/ame]

hickok45 has great videos. i love watching his channel!

btw, picking up my new toys in about three hours. i'm counting down! lol :)

Nice set up you have nash. Not sure if this optic has been talked about and forgive me if it has. Thought I would jump in here and mention an optic by ELCAN called the SPECTER. A very expensive optic to say the least but in my opinion it is ONE BADA$$ OPTIC. Gives you the best of both worlds with a flip of a lever it goes from 1X to 4X magnification. I personally have owned a few different models of AIMPOINTS and EOTECHs and currently have an EOTECH 512.A65 on my AR and for the money I love it. I would love to own this ELCAN but just haven't pulled the trigger on one. Here is a wonderful review I found by some guy on AR15.com. Check it out. Mike

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_209/151915_My_Review_of_the_new_Elcan_Specter_DR__Lotandapos_s_of_pics_and_more_NV_pics_here__.html

Last edited:

ohhhh snap! how'd you get that being in CA? :lol and what is it!? :impatient::impatient:

Man, living in hawaii sucks. I really want to get in on some bulk ammo deals but most online retailers dont ship to hawaii, and if they do, the HazMat charge is insane. :(

that sticker is on the Springfield XDm 3.8 box. they came into California via "single shot exemption". perfectly legal.

i don't have any mags for it yet. i need to get some converted ones at a gunshop in another city.

P1050390.jpg

P1050389.jpg

P1050387.jpg

P1050386.jpg

Man, living in hawaii sucks. I really want to get in on some bulk ammo deals but most online retailers dont ship to hawaii, and if they do, the HazMat charge is insane. :(

i'm so glad AB962 didn't pass. that law would have banned online ammo sales. buying in bulk saves lots of money. local dealers charge like crazy!

looks like one of the two mags that came with the S&W 41 is out of spec. i had a helluva time prying it out. that was no fun. :( luckily i didn't scratch it.

P1050391.jpg

finally, my FNP45! i installed the larger backstrap. now it feels like King Kong's grips!

these pics show the slimmer backstraps. i think they're thicker than my Glock 21SF's grip.

P1050384.jpg

P1050383.jpg

P1050382.jpg

P1050381.jpg

P1050380.jpg

Damn that Springfield really catches my eye. nice pick ups dude! :rock

Back