Hot Toys - Joker - 1/6th scale The Joker Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the urge to cancel based on the sequel. I mean, I ordered HT Joker because I liked the character in the original film (which is what the figure is based upon). Even if the sequel is as bad as many are saying (I have yet to see it myself), that doesn't diminish the original. It's like canceling your Indiana Jones Lost Ark figure because you hated Temple of Doom. I mean, to each their own, but it makes no sense to me.

I don't get the urge to cancel based on the sequel. I mean, I ordered HT Joker because I liked the character in the original film (which is what the figure is based upon). Even if the sequel is as bad as many are saying (I have yet to see it myself), that doesn't diminish the original. It's like canceling your Indiana Jones Lost Ark figure because you hated Temple of Doom. I mean, to each their own, but it makes no sense to me.

There’s a difference though, this isn’t Joker. It’s Arthur Fleck.

Again, this is my decision. If you’re a fan of Todd’s “Joker”, by all means, don’t cancel cause a bunch of us are. The first one is still a great film, I just no longer have the need to warrant a $500 dollar figure for it anymore.

You’re a real one for this. They refunded my NRD and cancelled him. I don’t know that the sequel was so bad it soured me on the character/changed my mind so much as reaffirmed that my previous attachment to this version of the character was tenuous at best and that my Artisan PO was fueled more by FOMO than a genuine love for Phoenix’s Joker.

It's likely you're just experiencing FUD. If you wanted the figure initially, chances are you still want it. A bad movie or others canceling their orders shouldn’t change your decision.

If the figure turns out great, you might feel FOMO later and regret not sticking with your original choice.

Orders dwindling... InArt will only make what they have in orders, maybe a few more as back-ups.

There was also talk of the WB Embargo being lifted and InArt doing something more affordable than $1,000+... but I imagine InArt doesn't want any further work being done on Fleck, and WB has probably waved their hand at taking anymore time with this license.

It's done.

Be part of the movement that says "No, I won't let you rape me, and then buy your toys."

Back