Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. Glocks are around $500 around here, I think. You can get a high-end HK for around $1000 -- and they're the expensive pistols.

Hope you like the Glock. I have a friend that carries one and swears by it. I didn't care for the ergonomics on the Glock, so went with the HK myself. Its all about getting something you're comfortable with.

SnakeDoc

Not a gun, but it is something that I"m going to be carrying on person now that I own it. Emerson Super CQC 7 w/ Wave feature.
aeb5zr.jpg

20ra60y.jpg

2gwanfr.jpg

Damn. Glocks are around $500 around here, I think. You can get a high-end HK for around $1000 -- and they're the expensive pistols.

Hope you like the Glock. I have a friend that carries one and swears by it. I didn't care for the ergonomics on the Glock, so went with the HK myself. Its all about getting something you're comfortable with.

SnakeDoc

Im still waiting for it...Its been like a month already, im tired of waiting to buy a ____ing gun! Last monday they told me that maybe today or tomorow i`ll be able to get one. But they´ve been telling me things like that for a month now...

Anyways... i bought a Cat laser sight (yeah and i dont even have the Glock yet... :lol )

glock.jpg

Want to have 17 and 19 on hand to decide which one i should buy.

Edit: Now they tell me that i should call next monday...im tired of this.

Last edited:
Thanks. It's very nice indeed. I was at the office today just looking for stuff to cut and slice. I think I need to oil it down or something because the blade is kind of hard to deploy. Maybe it just needs to be broken in?

I'm thinking of ordering a Strider SnG in a couple months.

Im hooked. went to the range today with a friend to shoot his AR15. I want a rifle! Any suggestions?

Im thinking of just going with the AR15 since my friend knows where to get all of the parts, but was thinking maybe to get something else so we can shoot something different.

915stag51 is right on the money for pricing on the SCAR 16. it usually averages around $2,500. i personally would pay a few extra hundred bucks and get the 17 that shoots 7.62x51mm.

nash, the ACR has gone down in price. i paid a crazy $2,250 for mine when it first came out. you can get it now for $1,900 or less. i haven't shot the SCAR yet but my ACR has been a good shooter so far. however, there was a recall on the early models. mine was in the affected range and i did experience the autofire "malfunction". :D

https://www.bushmaster.com/pdf/ACR-Web-Notification.pdf

i'm waiting for Bushmaster to release the 7.62x39mm barrels but i'm not holding my breath.

as for building your own rifle.. for me i usually buy it pre-assembled. i do know how to do a basic field strip but that's as far as i've gotten. right now i have an AR lower that i plan to put an AR57 upper to.

915stag51 is right on the money for pricing on the SCAR 16. it usually averages around $2,500. i personally would pay a few extra hundred bucks and get the 17 that shoots 7.62x51mm.

nash, the ACR has gone down in price. i paid a crazy $2,250 for mine when it first came out. you can get it now for $1,900 or less. i haven't shot the SCAR yet but my ACR has been a good shooter so far. however, there was a recall on the early models. mine was in the affected range and i did experience the autofire "malfunction". :D

https://www.bushmaster.com/pdf/ACR-Web-Notification.pdf

i'm waiting for Bushmaster to release the 7.62x39mm barrels but i'm not holding my breath.

as for building your own rifle.. for me i usually buy it pre-assembled. i do know how to do a basic field strip but that's as far as i've gotten. right now i have an AR lower that i plan to put an AR57 upper to.

Where would I purchase a SCAR or ACR from? I have no idea on websites or whatever...or do you have to go through a local gun shop?

Time to start selling some ____ off :panic:

i try to avoid gun shops if at all possible and buy online. ;) you just need to find a local transfer friendly FFL.

for pistols and some rifles i go through Bud's Gun Shop. you just need to be aware of what is legal in your state. for Californians there is a list of what pistols we can legally purchase. lame, huh? :D

https://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

the list gets slowly updated. it just depends on whether the manufacturer submits their guns for testing and adheres to CA guidelines such as having a magazine disconnect for example.

https://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/recentlyadded.pdf

for rifles there are another set of rules and regulations. *sigh*

Not sure if he could hang anymore crap off that carbine or not. Its got to weigh at least 12 pounds. Guy must have been an uber-mall ninja.

I'm also waiting for the ACR to release the 7.62 barrel before breaking down and buying, but if it's not before the first of the year I might just get the .223 instead. I have another toy en route right now....an Emerson CQC-8.

Back