Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After much thought, i decided I'm going to stick with a custom built AR for my first pickup, but I do like/want that Scar 17s. hopefully when Im done with my AR and have enough money for the Scar, hopefully they will have gone down in price and become more readily available.

Going to pickup a WOA 16" Stainless Match grade barrel and Young Mfg National Match BCG first.

Will do my friend. This is very hard for me though...im not a patient person at all lol...but having to save up and get things part by part is going to test that. :lol

Wanted to share this video :)

[ame="https://youtu.be/anhgRPrG0qM"]302 Found[/ame]

And my two guns

Glock 17 with Cat laser and Smith & Wesson 422

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0023-1.jpg

DSC_0011-2-1.jpg

That Glock looks awesome Slip, I just picked up a Yugo AK47 Underfolder, pics tonight....

Great choice :yess:, just be careful with ammo selection as it doesn't have a chrome lined barrel - i.e. don't shoot the cheapo corrosive surplus rounds without learning how to clean afterwards.

It is actually very simple though, just flush the barrel and gas block with warm water and then spray with windex (the ammonia does wonders), make sure you remove the water and finish with a little CLP, or Remoil; something light for the bore/chamber and barrel.

ugh, after much deliberation I've decided that I couldnt wait it out for the custom route so decided to go with a Larue OBR 556 16".

Picking up my baby tomorrow afternoon! still have to wait for my scope and bipod to come in though :(

I'll just have to have fun with the iron sights.

obr55616profile.jpg

Already planning to pick up another OBR in 7.62 (.308) model. :rock

She's home!!!

54fa266b.jpg

now the long wait until saturday when I can shoot her at the range. and the even longer wait next week when my scope comes in.

Late next month I will actually have something of my own to add to this thread.

I mean besides all the goodness that P1X4R buys for us.:monkey3

i do it for you guys but mainly for me. :D

btw, anybody ever shoot a Taurus Judge or S&W Govna (Governor)?

there's a way for us in California to get it but we have to jump through hoops. is it worth it?

fun day at the range today. i finally shot three pistols i've had for the first time today. S&W M&P40 compact, Ruger Mark III, and Springfield EMP 9mm.

the M&P40c surprised me in the beginning with its snappy .40 recoil. i'll have to train more with that one. EMP felt very nice. only issue i had was one round not going off despite the primer being struck. i put the round back in and then it went off. weird but i'll write that off since it's my first time shooting it. other than that it was flawless. now the gun that impressed me the most was the Ruger MIII! i had so much fun shooting it. hardly any recoil. all my friends enjoyed shooting it also. i shot about 200 rounds. great plinker!

P1050287.jpg

P1050290.jpg

P1050295.jpg

P1050301.jpg

took my baby out to the range today. just got back. shot like a dream hitting steel targets 300-400 yards out with only iron sights.

Came home to find my scope was attempted to be delivered but got the door tag. will pick that up on monday then go to the range again tuesday.

P1xar, do you own any Trijicon Acogs? Im close to buying one, which ones do you have if you do?

hey nash! i do mainly 7-25 yards (pistol) and 25-100 yards for rifle shooting. unfortunately i don't have access to any long range places to shoot.

i dont have any ACOG sights but i've only heard good things about them. i'll probably end up getting an Aimpoint red dot. i do have a couple of Leupold scopes but haven't truly adjusted them yet.

btw, my co-worker's Sig P220 Equinox shot like a dream for me! i got some really nice groups (for me) at 25 yards earlier today! i think the Tru-Glo front sights were easy for me to focus on. i wanted to buy it from her on the spot! lol

hey nash! i do mainly 7-25 yards (pistol) and 25-100 yards for rifle shooting. unfortunately i don't have access to any long range places to shoot.

i dont have any ACOG sights but i've only heard good things about them. i'll probably end up getting an Aimpoint red dot. i do have a couple of Leupold scopes but haven't truly adjusted them yet.

btw, my co-worker's Sig P220 Equinox shot like a dream for me! i got some really nice groups (for me) at 25 yards earlier today! i think the Tru-Glo front sights were easy for me to focus on. i wanted to buy it from her on the spot! lol

oh man i really need to take the firearms safety course so I can get a handgun permit. I want that Gen 4 Glock 21 45.

im so jealous of you and your armory. unreal stuff.

Back