Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
why not butt stock on that Vector???

it's a "pistol" version or basically a clever way around it being classified as a SBR since it is required to have a bullet button configured on it. it's illegal to have a buttstock and short barrel length (federal law) unless the barrel is increased to (i believe) at least 16" and the stock fixed (non collapsible). i could be mistaken though. it's hard to keep up with the law. :D however, you can get it registered to have "evil" features but then you'll need to jump through hoops (SBR tax stamp, etc) which could take months and additional $$$ to get everything legit. one of the reasons i won't buy a "legal" FNH PS90 is how seriously neutered we have to get it in. c'mon now. it's a bullpup rifle! :slap

isaac, i think i'll get it. it should be a fun range toy! :)

hairlesswookiee, you lucky rabbit!!

Last edited:
I'm gonna check em out guys, has anyone here tried or heard of the vortex viper scopes? I've been hearing some good things about them, and they are not as expenssive as the acogs

My first optic was a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP scope. Really really nice glass for the price...it's very clear up to about the 12x zoom range, and after that it's still very usable but a little less clear at the high end. Highly recommended series of optics. I hear the 6-24x50 is amazing, but i just didnt need that much magnification.

d7af61fd.jpg

c085b12b.jpg

My first optic was a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP scope. Really really nice glass for the price...it's very clear up to about the 12x zoom range, and after that it's still very usable but a little less clear at the high end. Highly recommended series of optics. I hear the 6-24x50 is amazing, but i just didnt need that much magnification.

d7af61fd.jpg

c085b12b.jpg

nash is that a LaRue/Harris 9-13" LM-S Bi-Pod w/LT706 QD Swivel Mount? How do you like the height on the lowest setting when bench shooting?

That's a nice scope Nash, I'm really gonna take a close look at them before jumping the gun on a acog

I had the same dilemma as you! but i had to get both the Viper PST and ACOG :lol. I swap them out pretty often depending on how i want to shoot.

nash is that a LaRue/Harris 9-13" LM-S Bi-Pod w/LT706 QD Swivel Mount? How do you like the height on the lowest setting when bench shooting?

It's actually the 6-9" BRM-S w/ LT706 mount.

The 6" lowest setting is perfect for me on the bench, but for shorter people like my wife it is a bit high.

It's actually the 6-9" BRM-S w/ LT706 mount.

The 6" lowest setting is perfect for me on the bench, but for shorter people like my wife it is a bit high.

Cool thanks, the 6-9" looks to be more ideal than 9-13" for what I'm thinking of.

Has anyone here purchased anything from the CMP program?? I have my C&R license, but I'm just curious how the process goes. Are the descriptions on their website for the M1 Garands fairly accurate??

ok, change in purchase plans for now. something just came back in stock. :D details later once i get it in hand!

Nice firearm, let us know what you think about the shot shell loads in .410.

Thanks. It shot incredibly average. Not awe-inspiring, but it certainly does it's intended job. I bought a couple boxes of the new Winchester PDX1 (I think that's the full name) ammo that's specifically designed for the Judge/Public Defender, and I was impressed with the damage it does in the 25 yard range. I plan on keeping it in the night stand next to the bed, but I think something else is more suitable for personal carry.

~~I'm eyeballing one of the new Sig 1911s...more specifically the Scorpion model. Anyone else considering one??

Has anyone here purchased anything from the CMP program?? I have my C&R license, but I'm just curious how the process goes. Are the descriptions on their website for the M1 Garands fairly accurate??

I got my Garand for them and I am very pleased. I will post some pics when I get home.

Here is my CMP Garand. I went with the service grade HRA. It came with the replacement birch stock so I refinished it.

garandafterfinish.jpg

Before:

garandstand1600x800.jpg

After:

garandstand2.jpg

The CMP deal is tremendous, if you are a vet it is SUPER easy to meet the quals and get a great rifle and ammo at great prices. When they are gone, they are gone.

Thanks for the pics!!! I have my C&R license so I'm debating if I should take a weekend road trip to the CMP store in Alabama so I can personally pick one out, or just have one shipped to the house and not really spend gas money.

I would pick one out in person if you could, just leaves less to chance. You might even be able to find a nice rack grade and save some money. I went with the HRA because that gave me the best odds of getting a newer, nicer rifle. I don't know if you are aware but there is a CMP forum with lots of good information on it. I would buy soon, they are getting ready to raise the prices if they haven't already and the just sold out of the clipped ammo.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Might make the overall experience fun too. I might look into one of the M1s the first of the year. Right now I'm more focused on improving my pistol shooting so I'm going for a new Glock 19 once I get my concealed permit in the mail. After that I'm really itching to get a 1911.

Has anyone here tried a product called Frog Lube?? I read about this on the GlockTalk forums, and decided to give it a try after seeing a lot of praises of it.

Back