Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i just took ownership of an FNH SCAR 17S tonight! i bought it sight unseen. wow, i didn't expect it to be so light! my ACR is a hog in comparison. awesome engineering!

here's a nice, long review by Sturmgewehre on Youtube about it.

[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXJCmeX-5Tg]SCAR 17S[/ame]

i just took ownership of an FNH SCAR 17S tonight! i bought it sight unseen. wow, i didn't expect it to be so light! my ACR is a hog in comparison. awesome engineering!

here's a nice, long review by Sturmgewehre on Youtube about it.

SCAR 17S

omg im extremely jealous! that is what i will be getting next. how much did that set you back?

3 big ones! heads up though. start looking for magazines now. they are very hard to find. i've got two pre-orders direct from FNH that are way backordered. some sites like MidwayUSA won't even backorder them. here's my "pics or it didn't happen". :)

P1050686.jpg

P1050688.jpg

P1050689.jpg

P1050690.jpg

P1050691.jpg

3 big ones! heads up though. start looking for magazines now. they are very hard to find. i've got two pre-orders direct from FNH that are way backordered. some sites like MidwayUSA won't even backorder them. here's my "pics or it didn't happen". :)

P1050686.jpg

P1050688.jpg

P1050689.jpg

P1050690.jpg

P1050691.jpg

Very cool! Are SCAR's legal in CA? I remember reading certain models are under certain conditions?

Very cool! Are SCAR's legal in CA? I remember reading certain models are under certain conditions?

thanks guys!

yes, please see flowchart below.

www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

foldable stock is pinned, installed bullet button, and magazine permanently blocked to hold only 10 rounds. everything else except the magazine is reversible. the rifle was shipped with the original parts which i can install back to original configuration if i choose to make it "featureless". however, the stock has to be totally fixed so i would have to somehow make it unadjustable in addition to being unfoldable. lol, yeah i know.

i installed a Magpul AFG (angled fore grip). make sure to keep any part of your left hand away from that reciprocating charging handle. :D

P1050693.jpg

P1050695.jpg

The bullet button is the gheyest thing ive ever heard of. I thought hawaii was strict with gun laws, thank god we dont have to have that bullet button bullcrap here.

i installed a Magpul AFG (angled fore grip). make sure to keep any part of your left hand away from that reciprocating charging handle. :D

P1050693.jpg

You can put it on the other side of the weapon if that would work better for you.

1) ____ the weapon. (make certain it's empty)

2) Remove buttstock assembly.

3) Remove the recoil spring assembly.

4) Move charging handle to its rearmost position.

5) Draw charging handle away from the left side of weapon.

6) Roll weapon onto left side.

7) Insert charging handle into right side of weapon at the same position from where it was extracted from on the left side.

8) Move bolt group to the forward position.

9) Reinstall recoil spring assembly.

10) Reinstall buttstock assembly.

11) Decock weapon.

Let your left knuckles now breathe a sigh of relief! :wink1: :lol

Last edited:
The bullet button is the gheyest thing ive ever heard of. I thought hawaii was strict with gun laws, thank god we dont have to have that bullet button bullcrap here.

agreed. there are "featureless" options but we have to jump an extra step to make sure everything is compliant.

https://www.solartactical.com/SOLAR-TACTICAL-KYDEX-GRIP-WRAP-FEATURELESS-BUILDS_c19.htm
https://www.monstermangrip.com/

You can put it on the other side of the weapon if that would work better for you.

thanks for the sweet tip nam! i'll try it out.

basically when you clean the 17s just pop out the charging handle and switch it over to the other side. nice option so you dont have to move your dominate hand to change the mags and camber the rifle. if you are right handed you might just want to move your thumb out of the way when you shoot. hints the nifty thumb rests.

god i want that scar 17s so bad. time to unload some unused statues/props...

Took my Kahr PM9 out for the first time this weekend and it puked on me. I got about a dozen rounds out of it before it failed to eject the spent rounds at all. The slide literally did not move when fired and the brass casings were coming out all blackened when I manually racked the slide. Now breaking it down is difficult, in that getting the slide to function afterwards just manually is extremely difficult. Back to Kahr...

Super PO'd :mad:

Does anyone here have any experience with a Howa 1500?? I think a .308 is in my future. A couple guys at the range were shooting one yesterday, and they were praising how great a rifle it is. I did some shopping last night, and they are very well priced.

Does anyone here have any experience with a Howa 1500?? I think a .308 is in my future. A couple guys at the range were shooting one yesterday, and they were praising how great a rifle it is. I did some shopping last night, and they are very well priced.

not sure about that one, but ive had the remmington 700 in my sights for awhile now.

Back