Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of you guys bought a used HK police trade in?? All this HK talk in here has me interested in buying one, and I found a USP 40 trade in for a little over $500. Does HK still offer/honor any warranty on these guns??

Don't quote me on this, but I understand that H&K will honor their lifetime warranty on it no matter who the owner is.

One of the special treatments of owning an H&K and, quite frankly, a Sig as well since they have the same lifetime warranty.

New bday purchase today. No picture of the gun but the receipt :lol
Sig P226 MK25, but I was told its backed ordered from 6-8 months because they put Military/LE on the bottom of the list when we order
eb059a5c.jpg

Sig P226 MK25, but I was told its backed ordered from 6-8 months because they put Military/LE on the bottom of the list when we order
eb059a5c.jpg

wow look at that tax, cant wait till im out in hawaii at the end of may

When you get your SIG, do yourself a favor and get a SRT kit done to it.

Had it installed on my BTFO this past weekend:

SIGBTFO001.jpg

SIGBTFO002.jpg

SIGBTFO004.jpg

SIGBTFO003.jpg

Best upgrade you can do to bring your SIG to a whole new level.

bought my HK 45 fullsize today! will be delivered to my dealer by next thursday and then the 2 week wait for me to get my permit for it.

Going to pick up a glock 19 gen 4 w/ night sights in another week or two, and then a USP 45 shortly after.

Nice to see other firearms collectors on here. I haven't purchased many guns since I started collecting sideshow and hot toys products. I don't get to shoot often so I have my safe queens that will never be shot (Colt Pythons, Colt Diamondbacks), my home defense stuff (HK USPc, Sig p229, Benelli M4 shotgun, etc), and my fun-to-shoot guns (SA 1911 9 mm, HK USC 45, HK P7M8, etc). I'm also an avid knife collector...big time old school Microtech auto fan!

The Kimber® Solo® 9mm pistol has been selected as the 2012 American Rifleman Handgun of the Year and will be receiving the Golden Bullseye Award at the NRA Convention this spring.

Still researching before I decide what handgun I want and came across this a few days ago. Anyone ever shot one of these or know anything about Kimber? If I'm being honest this article was the first time I've ever heard of them.

Kimber is good and are known for their 1911 pistols, but I've never been impressed with their guns when you can get equal or better guns for less money (Springfield).

This Solo gun you're referring to is supposed to be pretty good from all the reviews that are popping up online and in the magazines, but until you hold one in your hand and possibly shoot it I'd go with something that you already know.

That's just me though...I apply the rule about car buying to gun buying. Would you buy it before test driving it?

Kimber is good and are known for their 1911 pistols, but I've never been impressed with their guns when you can get equal or better guns for less money (Springfield).

This Solo gun you're referring to is supposed to be pretty good from all the reviews that are popping up online and in the magazines, but until you hold one in your hand and possibly shoot it I'd go with something that you already know.

That's just me though...I apply the rule about car buying to gun buying. Would you buy it before test driving it?

Definitely. I'm not buying anything before I hold and shoot them. I'm trying to compile a short list before I go out to the shops.

Yep...despite Kimber's great reputation for 1911s, best thing to do is find a pistol range that has one of the Solos to rent and shoot it some before you buy it.

That is not always possible. But give it a shot (so to speak:)).

Just do what I do....socialize with everyone at the range. I ended up shooting someone else's gun the last 5 trips I went. Especially the older,retired folks. They don't mind burning ammo, and they'll talk your ears off if you let them.

I finally got to shoot a Ruger SR9c last month. This guy had one and after looking at it he offered to let me shoot it. He was cool enough to let me shoot about 3 magazines before I put it down. I like the fact that you can swap out the magazines from the full sized gun. Very nice pistol.

Took my Stoeger Double Defense coach gun and my Beretta PX4 Storm out today. We shot outside and I was very, very satisfied with the improvement I experienced over my range shooting a month or so ago. I guess I just needed to knock the rust off.

My buddy is a die hard Sig man but told me he likes my PX4 better than his Sigs. He said it was a lot more accurate.

I have never shot a Sig, so I do not know. Hopefully he'll bring his out next week.

I hit the bottom of a soda can 3 out of 3 at about 15 yards. Not world-class shooting. But I thought it was good enough for a 3" barrel and I'll damn sure hit what I need to if the situation arises.

I am looking forward to getting some more improvement on that pistol.

Went to my local shop to visit my new HK45. got the paper work and now to take that to the police department next monday. Also purchased one of these babys that will come in tomorrow. looks like i'll be getting my permit for two at once.

10qjaqb.jpg

Went to my local shop to visit my new HK45. got the paper work and now to take that to the police department next monday. Also purchased one of these babys that will come in tomorrow. looks like i'll be getting my permit for two at once.

10qjaqb.jpg

Nice, didn't know they made a 2 toned G19 gen4. You mind I ask how much did it cost? Congrats on both purchases. Great choice!

Now save up for a revolver, 1911 and the list goes on :lol

Back