Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, didn't know they made a 2 toned G19 gen4. You mind I ask how much did it cost? Congrats on both purchases. Great choice!

Now save up for a revolver, 1911 and the list goes on :lol

Carter said it is the first time they are issuing the Gen 4 glocks in FDE, limited to 5000 to certain dealers only. I got the last 19 but he had the 17 and something else i believe. It was $590ish. $20 more than the standard black.

I definitely want a 6" barreled revolver at some point :lol

Not sure where i'll go from here, but I still want that USP 45

Last edited:
Carter said it is the first time they are issuing the Gen 4 glocks in FDE, limited to 5000 to certain dealers only. I got the last 19 but he had the 17 and something else i believe. It was $590ish. $20 more than the standard black.

I definitely want a 6" barreled revolver at some point :lol

Not sure where i'll go from here, but I still want that USP 45

Sounds like what HK did with the colored usp. They did a limited run too. You bought both from OGC?

Yeah, I want a S&W Model 686 in 357. I almost ordered one, SEC told me someone has waited over 9 months through the Mil/LE program. But I ordered that sig.

Sounds like what HK did with the colored usp. They did a limited run too. You bought both from OGC?

Yeah, I want a S&W Model 686 in 357. I almost ordered one, SEC told me someone has waited over 9 months through the Mil/LE program. But I ordered that sig.

yeah so far all my guns have come from OGC starting with my AR15, my first purchase from them.

Man, i dont know how you can wait for that long. Im too much of an impatient person, waiting 3 weeks is hard enough. Couldnt you have got it elsewhere for faster?

yeah so far all my guns have come from OGC starting with my AR15, my first purchase from them.

Man, i dont know how you can wait for that long. Im too much of an impatient person, waiting 3 weeks is hard enough. Couldnt you have got it elsewhere for faster?

If you're talking about the sig, the MK25 was just released this year so even regular orders are long. But online for the MK25 usually cost $1k+ and I saved a few hundreds and I don't mind since I got my g19 handy.

If you're talking about the sig, the MK25 was just released this year so even regular orders are long. But online for the MK25 usually cost $1k+ and I saved a few hundreds and I don't mind since I got my g19 handy.

ah ok i see what youre saying. where do you go to shoot, koko head? do you go often?

Was looking through my walking dead book and came across this cover art which I thought was pretty cool for us HK fans. :rock

153sbiu.jpg

ah ok i see what youre saying. where do you go to shoot, koko head? do you go often?

Yeah, haven't gone for a long long time. That's why I'm in no rush for my sig. I wanna teach my wife to shoot bigger calibers. I brought her to magnum once but she only shot the .22s. She was afraid to shoot my 5.56. I want her to handle the 45acp and 9mm. The HK45ct and sig p226 MK25 will be mine and the HK45 and g19 will be hers. Then I got my mark III .22 that I want to teach my kids with along with my .22 long rifle.

Yeah, haven't gone for a long long time. That's why I'm in no rush for my sig. I wanna teach my wife to shoot bigger calibers. I brought her to magnum once but she only shot the .22s. She was afraid to shoot my 5.56. I want her to handle the 45acp and 9mm. The HK45ct and sig p226 MK25 will be mine and the HK45 and g19 will be hers. Then I got my mark III .22 that I want to teach my kids with along with my .22 long rifle.

i took my wife once to shoot my 5.56 and she did fine. she's only 5' and barely over 100lbs.

Im also considering getting a HK45c but not a priority right now. what are your thoughts on both since you own both (lucky bastard) ?

i took my wife once to shoot my 5.56 and she did fine. she's only 5' and barely over 100lbs.

Im also considering getting a HK45c but not a priority right now. what are your thoughts on both since you own both (lucky bastard) ?

Both are equally great guns but I like my HK45ct a bit more because I bought the V3 version (decock only no safety) I still need to even get used to my SA 1911 with that safety behind the grip. Right now the HK45ct is my go to gun. Plus the night sights is on my ct and regular sights on my full size.

0900660a.jpg

You can always switch out the HK45ct back to the compact mags if you don't like the look.

Last edited:
Both are equally great guns but I like my HK45ct a bit more because I bought the V3 version (decock only no safety) I still need to even get used to my SA 1911 with that safety behind the grip. Right now the HK45ct is my go to gun. Plus the night sights is on my ct and regular sights on my full size.

0900660a.jpg

You can always switch out the HK45ct back to the compact mags if you don't like the look.

damn that is a beautiful sight. do you have night sights on those? im thinking of putting them on mine. is it easy to do?

been researching that sig mk25 you bought. looks like a really nice piece. I think I'll ask carter about it and see how long the wait time is over there at OGC.

damn that is a beautiful sight. do you have night sights on those? im thinking of putting them on mine. is it easy to do?

been researching that sig mk25 you bought. looks like a really nice piece. I think I'll ask carter about it and see how long the wait time is over there at OGC.

Thanks bro, the night sights already came with the HK45ct and the HK45 has the standard sights. But I believe if you order from HK you can order one with it installed, also trigger upgrades or different variants. For installing them there is a special tool to slide the sights from the side, I read people do it with their own tools (vise grips? Not sure what) but I wouldn't want to take the chance on damaging a $1k gun and rather pay a gunsmith to do it.

Let me know how much the MK25 is, when I asked I was told its too new and they didn't have a list for it and it would be a easy $1k for it. But maybe they have one instock because SEC said they sold 1 a few weeks back and ordered another for their show case and was told they are on a 6 months wait list and they will give me that one.

i finally got my custom gun rack today. it took a month but it was worth the wait! sorry for the late night dark pic. this is the top level of my safe. now i need to pick up another one. :D

P1060245.jpg

HK P30 or Sig MK25? :/

Cant find any side by side reviews online.

i finally got my custom gun rack today. it took a month but it was worth the wait! sorry for the late night dark pic. this is the top level of my safe. now i need to pick up another one. :D

P1060245.jpg

:clap :rock

I read nothing but positive comments on the P30, reviews and torture test.

I got my MK25 because I wanted a Sig and a non polymer frame pistol and it's already battle test approved. Its all about preference. You can't go wrong with any of the 2.

I'm a Sig nut, so my answer is biased. But, both are reliable.
It boils down to how each will feel in your hand once you've got it pointed/aimed.

I'd love to have your problem. :D

P1060245.jpg

Definitely worth the wait. Great purchase. :clap

If I may suggest, if you're able to, bring the shelf down one notch so that you're not scuffing the ceiling each time you're taking one out/placing back in.

I'm currently looking to get a new safe.

My main goal is to get one that has 2-hour fire protection (90 minutes minimum).

Any feedback on Champion safes(same folks who fabricate Superior)?

This manufacturer seems to be on par with Fort Knox and Liberty but with cheaper prices.

I have looked at Sturdy safes also. Outstanding design and workmanship. I just wish their safes weren't so bland looking and they don't seem to have fire protection measured in minutes. I know they're using good fire proofing materials (2300° Ceramic Wool & 1000° High Temp Glass), but I need to know what they think their safes can hold up.
They do provide info on one occasion that one of their safes held up, but that's it.
I my end up with a Sturdy safe after all.

Some feedback would be most appreciated.

New M&P single stack!!!
M&P SHIELD in either 9mm or .40
I might wait to get one of these, but damn they look great!!! I'm getting set to purchase a M&P .40 Pro

https://gunnuts.net/2012/04/12/smith-wesson-mp-shield-9mm-review/

The rumors are true: Smith & Wesson released the new M&P Shield this morning at 0900 Pacific time, and we have a hands on first look at the gun. The Smith & Wesson M&P Shield is a single stack handgun built around the M&P design philosophy and initially chambered in 9mm. A .40 S&W version will be available, however we tested the 9mm version. First, let’s talk about the statistics – cold hard numbers on the gun.

Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 7+1 with flush fitting magazine, 8+1 with extended magazine
Barrel length: 3.1 inches
OAL: less than 6 inches
Widest point: 0.98 inches
Manual safety
Now, those are all the numbers, but the real question is “how does it shoot?” The answer to that is “very well.” I put about 500 rounds through mine over the course of two days, and I was really impressed with how it handled. In the past I’ve not been a big fan of these single-stack 9mm guns, usually because the execution has been off. The M&P Shield nails the execution, getting the details that a sub-compact 9mm should have right.

Speaking of details, let’s talk about the trigger. Everyone complains about the M&P trigger’s lack of a distinct reset point, and while it never bothered me that much with my Pro Series guns, it’s enough of an issue that S&W went ahead and addressed it. The new M&P Shield has a new trigger, which ads a very positive and distinct reset point to the gun making the trigger feel much more like a well tuned Glock trigger. The boffins said that out of the box the trigger would weigh in around 6.5 lbs, and I’d estimate mine felt about like that. The gun does have a manual safety, which I’m not a huge fan of, but for IWB carry you can basically ignore it. I tried my damnedest to make it activate on accident and I couldn’t. S&W recommends that the Shield be carried in a holster and not as a pocket gun, unless you have large pockets. The form factor makes it nice for discreet carry in non-permissive environments.
But enough with that, because you want to know how it shoots. To tell the truth, it shoots awesome. I came in to the T&E process expecting to not like the gun, because I’ve not been impressed with other guns in its class such as the LC9. The M&P Shield was the complete opposite of that. Not only was it relatively easy to shoot, it was very accurate. At 25 yards I was able to hold around 4 inches from a standing two handed hold. It punches way above its weight class in terms of shootability. With the 7 round flush magazine inserted, I was just barely to get an entire hand on it, and with the 8 round extended mag inserted I had plenty of real-estate to hold on to to shoot the gun quickly. We ran the guns through several different drills, including some close range bill drills, longer range accuracy stuff, and even some shooting on the move. My personal gun kept running despite being plucked from the production line and handed to me with no intervening lubrication, or “going over” by S&W. One note: in order to keep the form factor under an inch, S&W had to do away with the interchangable backstraps that are a hallmark of the M&P line. For a small gun like this, it’s really not a big deal.

We’ll actually be shooting the new M&P Shield through a series of tests and challenges in the next few weeks. Now that I’ve had a turn with it, Shelley Rae will get her hands on the gun and give you her thoughts on it next week. Friday we’ll have some video on the new pistol going up.

My final thoughts on the new gun? This is a homerun for S&W. I am not a big fan of small, single-stack 9mm guns, but the new M&P Shield made a believer out of me. I predict that our sample gun is going to be fought over hardcore in the office as to who’s going to be carrying it.

Very nice. Too bad they didn't take a note from Berretta on the folding pinky extension on those 7-rd mags. But I am betting most people will go with the 8-rd anyway.

Thanks for that link.

Back