Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm certain there will be some after-market extensions available shortly. I just ordered a couple of the X Grips for my compact today, but I still need to find a source for the 17 round magazines.

i couldnt resist, just bought a usp 45 brand new. i have a feeling ill have bought either the sig or p30 before i have any of my new purhases in hand.

Congrats. That's a great firearm right there with some serious stopping power.

HK P30... damn Cali law. I would have had one by now. :(

Congrats. That's a great firearm right there with some serious stopping power.

HK P30... damn Cali law. I would have had one by now. :(

You guys cant get the HK P30 in cali yet? what's the issue with it?

I toyed with it today at the gun shop, all the reviews are 100% correct. it feels superb in your hands, and im sure it shoots just as advertised too.

Gonna dump a couple more statues and hopefully pick one up in a week or two.

California is not a gun friendly state for collectors at all and lots of awesome things are are banned for SO many various reasons to name. In the case of the P30 it's most likely the "magazine disconnect requirement law" if I'm not mistaken. I use to be a huge gun collector myself for several years and I have guns in my house that are considered banned or illegal to sell in California. The only reason it's OK for me to have them is because I moved from Hawaii to Texas for a couple of years and was considered a resident of Texas which is where I picked up the majority of my collection and then brought them over to California where I eventually settled. But if I was ONLY a California resident who went across state to purchase a gun that is considered "CA banned" in a state where I'm not a resident and bring it back to Cali then that would be illegal to do. Then again with so many new rules and new loopholes popping up in California all the time then there might be a way for a Californian to purchase an HK P30 or HK 45. Lots of rules and loopholes I know and it can be a major headache to keep up to date with all of them. :slap

California is not a gun friendly state for collectors at all and lots of awesome things are are banned for SO many various reasons to name. In the case of the P30 it's most likely the "magazine disconnect requirement law" if I'm not mistaken. I use to be a huge gun collector myself for several years and I have guns in my house that are considered banned or illegal to sell in California. The only reason it's OK for me to have them is because I moved from Hawaii to Texas for a couple of years and was considered a resident of Texas which is where I picked up the majority of my collection and then brought them over to California where I eventually settled. But if I was ONLY a California resident who went across state to purchase a gun that is considered "CA banned" in a state where I'm not a resident and bring it back to Cali then that would be illegal to do. Then again with so many new rules and new loopholes popping up in California all the time then there might be a way for a Californian to purchase an HK P30 or HK 45. Lots of rules and loopholes I know and it can be a major headache to keep up to date with all of them. :slap

You might want to double-check this. I may have missed a section with an exemption for this, but I have yet to see a written exemption based on having lived and bought the guns in a tolerant state and then moving to KA. It seems pretty clear to me that any of the KA banned weapons can not legally be brought into the state by someone moving here as a normal resident.

Does anyone have any leads on places selling 10 rd HK 45 magazines?

You might want to double-check this. I may have missed a section with an exemption for this, but I have yet to see a written exemption based on having lived and bought the guns in a tolerant state and then moving to KA. It seems pretty clear to me that any of the KA banned weapons can not legally be brought into the state by someone moving here as a normal resident.

This, I believe to be true, last I checked.

Banned firearms brought in from another state, due to change in residency, are not exempted from the list/law.

You guys cant get the HK P30 in cali yet? what's the issue with it?
The gun doesn't have the magazine disconnect feature. If a round is chambered and the magazine removed, it will still fire that round.

Does anyone have any leads on places selling 10 rd HK 45 magazines?
Gunbroker.com has two up for auction right now.

Good luck.

The gun doesn't have the magazine disconnect feature. If a round is chambered and the magazine removed, it will still fire that round.

Gunbroker.com has two up for auction right now.

Good luck.

And yet there are guns on the list that do not have the magazine disconnect safety...go figure.

Speaking of PX4s. I am really becoming a huge fan of this gun. My next "grail" pistol is the PX4 Special Duty in .45 ACP. It is a limited edition so I am really hoping I can find one available when I am ready to buy it.

px_4_storm_special_duty_with_pelican_case_left_side.jpg

I am a big fan of the pelican cases as well. So the fact that the PX4 SD comes with a custom one adds a small touch of cool to it.

ahhh one more week to pick up my HK45 and Glock 19. Two more weeks for my USP 45. this sucks...

PS: Anyone running an Eotech sight on their AR-15? I was kicking the idea around of selling off my ACOG and getting an Eotech for more tactical/practical use. What do you guys think?

I have a small collection of airsoft guns. I prefer toy guns because the real deal is too expensive for me at the moment. And as much as possible, I limit my toy collection to the real counterparts I will one day acquire... kind of like a play to train sort of thing.

i think ive decided on the mk25. the p30 will be after that.

we need more photos in this thread

I've been on the hunt for a 1911. Leaning toward the Ruger SR1911 or Kimber Custom Stainless II. I've had 2 Rugers sell out from under me in the last week alone so I'm starting to think that gun and me aren't meant to be together.

i think ive decided on the mk25. the p30 will be after that.

we need more photos in this thread

Nice, my co worker just put half down and ordered the MK25 this Tuesday and was told that the waitlist is now about a year back logged. But this is through the military purchase program through SEC. If you find one instock around $900 I say pick it up.

When I ordered it on 3/26 they told me 6-8 months.

PS: Anyone running an Eotech sight on their AR-15? I was kicking the idea around of selling off my ACOG and getting an Eotech for more tactical/practical use. What do you guys think?

I've used it on a buddies Spikes Tactical AR.
It's awesome. I like it better than an Aimpoint because of the larger field of view. However, he's got the older 552 EOTech that uses the AA batteries.
Anyway, acquisition of targets upto 50 yards was simple because of the 65 MOA. Love it!

Been thinking about getting one myself. Model EXPS3 in tan color.
This one has the battery stored transversely and uses lithium 123 battery. I also want to use a magnifier with it. Model G33 in tan also.

Speaking of EOTech, does anyone know how this guy has the magnifier with a rectangular end piece?

What I mean is, right where the magnifier meets with the EOTech holo-sight, the piece is rectangular.
Seems to be a better match for all EOTech sights because they all have a rectangular eye relief.

Is that a separate attachment that slides over the magnifier?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXNC-_INvM&NR=1&feature=endscreen"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UXNC-_INvM&NR=1&feature=endscreen[/ame]

Just so happens you guys are talking about my next two acquisitions...the Berretta Px4 sub compact 45 ACP and I want to buy a tactical AR.

I've been intending to do some research on the AR but I just haven't got around to it. Any of you AR owners want to share some knowledge? I've mostly been into hand guns for pp but I want to get a good tactical rifle now.

Just so happens you guys are talking about my next two acquisitions...the Berretta Px4 sub compact 45 ACP and I want to buy a tactical AR.

I've been intending to do some research on the AR but I just haven't got around to it. Any of you AR owners want to share some knowledge? I've mostly been into hand guns for pp but I want to get a good tactical rifle now.

The PX4 Storm compact and sub don't come in .45. Only the full size and the Special Duty do. Here is a website dedicated to the PX4 Storm. You will be happy just the same!

https://www.px4storm.com

Edit - I am going to the gun shop tomorrow to look in to getting the Special Duty.

Back