Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear it all worked out. I've always heard good things about Sideshow's customer service. So far I haven't had to test it out myself.

Did you try giving it a push to see if it's all the way in?

Yeah, I stripped it down to get a good look at the joints. Visually, the joints look the same on both elbows. But the moving parts slide past each other without resistance on the loose one. Unfortunately, there are no screws to tighten.

Yeah, I stripped it down to get a good look at the joints. Visually, the joints look the same on both elbows. But the moving parts slide past each other without resistance on the loose one. Unfortunately, there are no screws to tighten.

Yeah, that is a bummer about the lack of screws. Maybe give the superglue trick a shot?

This thread needs more pics. I guess everyone justhates theirs so much or is waiting on replacements.

I'll post some this weekend. I have my stormtrooper mod trick done and my Han TT/ANH outfit kitbashed. Really want to paint the hair ad eyebrows but im always afraid to touch up my 1/6 figures in fear of messing them up.

Hi guys. My set arrived today all the way from US.

Have to say, its great! No paint, glue, scratches or lazy eye issues with mine. Only thing is that the joints are still quite loose especially on Luke.

Will try to post some pics later.

Dang, SS! Hurry it up with my replacement Han head...still waiting to hear what they will do.....its been way, way to long. Did speak with the one lady last week to make sure my email rec, and it was...she indicated they should get to it soon...that was a week ago....

Hi guys. My set arrived today all the way from US.

Have to say, its great! No paint, glue, scratches or lazy eye issues with mine. Only thing is that the joints are still quite loose especially on Luke.

Will try to post some pics later.

Yo bros. Check out my set. Some accessories not yet fitted in coz lazy.

Sorry for the lame quality/lighting. Hope u like them.

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0215.jpg

DSC_0216.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0225.jpg

Last one is kinda bonus for u guys. Guess where this vader came from?

DSC_0226.jpg

They look much better in hand. I dunno, these new figures with the heads cast in the skin tone don't seem to photograph well unless you're MaulFan or Rook. ;)

I've noticed it with the newer figures. They really do suffer in pictures unless you do the lighting *just so*. But when you're looking at them in real life, they look great.

They look much better in hand. I dunno, these new figures with the heads cast in the skin tone don't seem to photograph well unless you're MaulFan or Rook. ;)

I've noticed it with the newer figures. They really do suffer in pictures unless you do the lighting *just so*. But when you're looking at them in real life, they look great.

If they did, the chicken littles wouldn't have anything to cry about. :lol

Luke's eyes have always looked a little odd to me as well. But he does look alot better in hand. Although his eyes seem really small and beady.

I think the paint apps on these are some of the best Sideshow has made.

Sad to say, that's been hit and miss. Some are great, others (like the Jason Voorhees Luke somewhere in this thread - or is it one of the other two threads :google?) are not. Mine turned out great except they have smoker's teeth.

Sad to say, that's been hit and miss. Some are great, others (like the Jason Voorhees Luke somewhere in this thread - or is it one of the other two threads :google?) are not. Mine turned out great except they have smoker's teeth.
I agree... a good repaint should bring out the sculpt a bit. Anyone done a repaint yet?

Well, its been 2 weeks and I got an update on my Han head: SS indicated they are waiting on replacement parts, so it does seem they will ship me a new head rather than have to return the whole thing, which is great. I hope they ship me a truly nice looking Han head and it'll be worth it. Love the set overall!

In hand they look a lot better for Sideshow they are freaking great.The heads will and should make you hate all your other star wars Sideshw heads except for maybe old Ben and AOTC/CW Ben. I got moisture farmer Luke last week for an outfit to swap out for Luke and that old head is seriously a Joke. It's great to see how far they've come in such a short time. Liknsses are spot on especially for Luke, paint could be betture sure but I think this is Sideshow's best and it's really not bad actually. The only thing that honestly bothers me is the drastic color difference on Hans eyebrows and maybe his hair color overall. But we should rejoice only now do we have a Luke and Han we can be proud to display on the great sideshow ANH outfits. Before now there wasn't even a reason to own a Luke and Han and my small Star Wars collection consists only of Old Ben, ANH Ben, Medicom Boba Fet and Yoda, Ss Stormtrooper and Vader.

More later but here's Han Ss outfit on Slim shoulder TT. Luke is on slim TT with regular TT neck cause the slim one looked too long. Slim TT is fantastic be size it's a bit shorter than the regular TT so Luke is naturally shorter!! Looks awesome. I'm sure this height difference will be annoying for other customs but for luke it's perfect! I originally wanted a Michael Jackson body because of the molded neck but obviously that won't happen now.

lukehan.jpg

han3.jpg

han1.jpg

Back