Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prog, but these sculpts are different enough to warrant the update to the normal ANH guys. I personally like these sculpts a little better. I still like my original headsculpts but these appear to have just a bit more "character".

Plus, if one has both sets, what's keeping them from doing a simple headsculpt swap?

I don't mean its overpriced like "I'm being ripped off" attitude. I mean that with the $10 price difference plus a probable further price break on secondary market regular troopers, I think it would be much cheaper to just get a repaint on the normal ANH guys than use these sculpts.

I'm almost there. :lol So what you're basically saying is, assuming someone's only picking these up for the purpose of swapping heads and turning the basic bodies into Stormies:

Rather than pick up this $220 2-pack for the headsculpts, pick up two $80 Stormtroopers (assuming that break is found :p) and pay the combined $100 to have both Smuggler Han and Moisture Farmer Luke repainted.

Did I get it right? :lol If so, that's a total price of $260. :google Now while that may seem like a lot, in comparison, picking up the 2-pack ($220), two TrueTypes ($60), Han, Luke ($100 combined from the commerce section or online) and 2 Stormtrooper helmets ($50) would total at about $430 vs. the $260. So if that's your point, I understand. :lol

i'm pretty sure you flunked remedial math. please try again. in the mean time, why don't you bug off if all you're gonna do is be contrarian to everything I post and try to be a smart ass but can't even understand the post you're trying to mock.

sorry, but I'm tired of his posts just trying to criticize anything I say. I could say something 99% to his point but the 1% he'd make sure to try to mock me.

uh just because I ignore him doesn't mean he'll ignore me. only now I wouldn't know when he's trying to mock me. no deal. he's the one that turns a post about my opinion on toys into a personal insult. I don't turn away from bullies.

uh just because I ignore him doesn't mean he'll ignore me. only now I wouldn't know when he's trying to insult or mock me. no deal.

Why should you care?... If someone wants to give a contrarian opinion let them-- If there's a personal insult or attack one of the mods will deal with it. If you'd enjoy your time on here more by not having to defend everything you write by simply not having to see someone's posts then ignore is certainly the best option. But it's totally up to you.

I have to read all the posts. Joy.:banana:banghead:duh:banana

imagine an ignore feature that works both ways! you can't see them, they can't see you...

Why should you care?... If someone wants to give a contrarian opinion let them-- If there's a personal insult or attack one of the mods will deal with it. If you'd enjoy your time on here more by not having to defend everything you write by simply not having to see someone's posts then ignore is certainly the best option. But it's totally up to you.

I have to read all the posts. Joy.:banana:banghead:duh:banana

not to be rude, but as a mod how did you deal with his post trying to insult me?

uh just because I ignore him doesn't mean he'll ignore me. only now I wouldn't know when he's trying to mock me. no deal. he's the one that turns a post about my opinion on toys into a personal insult. I don't turn away from bullies.

Not picking on you, just curious, but what do you lose by ignoring him?

not to be rude, but as a mod how did you deal with his post trying to insult me?

Not rude at all-- But just let me modify your question slightly...

QUESTION: as a mod, with a three-year old and a one-year old who he's been trying to put to bed for the last hour after a long day of being away at meetings, how did you deal with his post trying to insult me?

ANSWER: I've only been able to pop back here right now-- and I haven't had a chance to go through everything... and as I also haven't seen my wife all day and the kids are finally asleep I'm going to leave you gentlemen to throw sand in one another's faces and spend time with the missus. I'll be back later. Play nice.

:D

Oh, and back on track as I depart for a bit-- I've got my order now for Han and Luke as Stormtroopers through toys2 BUT I've still got my direct order from SSC. I'm seriously considering keeping both. :naughty or maybe more this :duh

Yeah!

I plan on pulling their heads off and using them for my other Luke and Han. Then I'll hack the stormtrooper armor and bodies to bits and dump them in the river.

I think I'll be nice and put the helmets up on the 'bay for around 100 each.

Yeah!

I plan on pulling their heads off and using them for my other Luke and Han. Then I'll hack the stormtrooper armor and bodies to bits and dump them in the river.

I think I'll be nice and put the helmets up on the 'bay for around 100 each.

I'm psyched....even possibly going to be able to ignore the height snafu. C'mon comicon!

Back