Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han just looks like the Indy PF to me but with a different hairstyle
cc09-reveal-2179_thumb-1.jpg

I totally see it!

Anyone know if we can expect a huge Star Wars 1:6 announcement at SDCC?

at this point, after vader the only other figures that qualify huge annoucement IMHO are the droids and chewbaca, I suppose SSC will offer medi's c3po and r2d2, and I dont see how ssc will pull off chewbaca anytime soon, so my guess is its business as usual, another 1/6 star wars figure that's cool to have but nothing ground breaking.

at this point, after vader the only other figures that qualify huge annoucement IMHO are the droids and chewbaca, I suppose SSC will offer medi's c3po and r2d2, and I dont see how ssc will pull off chewbaca anytime soon, so my guess is its business as usual, another 1/6 star wars figure that's cool to have but nothing ground breaking.

Yea, those are pretty much the only figures left that could make a WOW moment like Jabba and Vader had.

Unless they roll out a wampa or rancor.

ROTJ Emperor with throne would be a WOW announcement. Also Yoda.

I think beyond those already mentioned SSC would need to do a multifigure announcement to get the WOW factor, ie Luke, Han and Leia Hoth figures all at 1 showing.

I dunno. Palps, throne and red guard could have that WOW factor as well.

I think anything large would have some wow to it, but as far as the 1/6 line goes, it seems like every other year is a WOW year, Jabba in 2006, Vader 2008, but 2007 was kinda meh in 1/6, the 1/4 Speederbike was the big thing that year. I'm sort of expecting a lot of armor stuff showing, and while a Cody and or Gree would be pretty amazing, I think it takes super wanted stuff like Vader, Chewie and the likes, or large scale, didn't see that coming pieces like Jabba to have that extra bit of wow and amazement. Certainly Palpatine with his throne would qualify, not this year, but a 1/6 Rancor would do it for sure, I know many aren't for vinyl stuff, but I'd take a limited mobility vinyl Wampa, that'd be something impressive, maybe SDCC 2010 for the anniversary, Wampa and Luke and Han in Hoth gear, that'd be a beautiful display.

I think the way the economy is, and seeming waining of interest from a good portion of collectors, I hope SS would see this as the time to throw out some big hitters and really WOW people. Ahh hell I just want my droids already :lol

I think the way the economy is, and seeming waining of interest from a good portion of collectors, I hope SS would see this as the time to throw out some big hitters and really WOW people. Ahh hell I just want my droids already :lol

Exactly what they need to do, if you had cut off your collectibles in the recent months, you may realize you dont them anymore anyway and a way to entice collectors back is to "wow" them something ala Jabba.

Exactly what they need to do, if you had cut off your collectibles in the recent months, you may realize you dont them anymore anyway and a way to entice collectors back is to "wow" them something ala Jabba.

That's exactly what happened with me. I've not got the Utapau or the Shockie clone and could care less now. I've got more HT stuff and MOTUC because with the HT you get big bang for the buck, same for MOTUC. The droids would need to WOW me with light up eyes on 3PO and opening panels and tools on R2.

Well if they did get the expressions from the scene in the screen cap someone posted....maybe the droids are coming. :lol

Maybe a Jango Fett, or Dooku, or hell we haven't seen a movie Padme. OMG! I know what we're getting. A death star diorama for Luke and Han.

Back