Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erm, how true does your Scottish heritage have to be to pick up the ladies? It's in my family tree, but its pretty far up. :lol

The closer to the bototm of the kilt, the greater the chance of success. :cool:

Kilts are cool. I had one, but now I've lost weight and need another. :lol Where did you buy yours?

Atholl Brose in Cambridge, MA. Took four months for her to make it once she took measurements.

cultural significance aside, kilts are most definately NOT COOL.

Wrong answer.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactually, kilts are most definitely cool. As someone who has worn my kilt in the summer when the nice breeze provides splendid natural AC and in the winter when the warmth of the material keeps you toasty they're fantastic. Oh, and wear a kilt to a bar. Once the ladies start checking to see if you're a true Scotsman (which I am :naughty ) you'll know that you won't be leaving alone.

Right answer.

I'm now pretty sure I have to cancel. :(
With the Predator and Vader charging now, everything else has to get the ax.
Hopefully I can score them later when I have the money, but I tried that with Snake Eyes and it didn't work out in my favor. :banghead

I'm now pretty sure I have to cancel. :(
With the Predator and Vader charging now, everything else has to get the ax.
Hopefully I can score them later when I have the money, but I tried that with Snake Eyes and it didn't work out in my favor. :banghead

Why don't you contact SS and Flex-Pay them for August/September to afford Vader and Predator first? I did that with my Toht Exclusive and Iron Man Mark II Exclusive - Switched them to combined shipping and Flex Payments for August 20 and September 20 - so I could afford the SDCC Exclusives shipped together first (Flexed Han and Luke Stormies and Gunmetal Grey Iron Man for June 20 and July 20)...Sure, it means I have to wait a bit longer to have all figures in-hand, but better than canceling altogether. Plus, it's then $150 - $200 a month for 4 months instead of trying to cover it all at once! :D

Why don't you contact SS and Flex-Pay them for August/September to afford Vader and Predator first? I did that with my Toht Exclusive and Iron Man Mark II Exclusive - Switched them to combined shipping and Flex Payments for August 20 and September 20 - so I could afford the SDCC Exclusives shipped together first (Flexed Han and Luke Stormies and Gunmetal Grey Iron Man for June 20 and July 20)...Sure, it means I have to wait a bit longer to have all figures in-hand, but better than canceling altogether. Plus, it's then $150 - $200 a month for 4 months instead of trying to cover it all at once! :D

I didn't think you could flex pay an item after the ship date, If I can, I'll definitely do just that. I'll be calling Monday anyways and I'll ask.
Thanks for the suggestion Indiana Fett!

I didn't know either! I was just thinking that it would be great if you could do a sort of "lay-away" plan with them! I'll call them next week and get them to do that with my Toht Ex. Thanks, Indiana Fett!

On top of the Vader, Han and Luke I have a couple TTs shipping and nabbed a HT Two-Face for rather cheap.... Not to mention Hellboy and Abe that I bought last month. This month seems like a lot but the only things I have ordered for the rest of 2009 are Henry Sr. and DX Joker as well as a couple of narrow TTs. Should be light enough to where I can sell some stuff off and get the credit card back down.

I've only been into 12" scale for a couple years, and seriously into it for only 8 months. In that time I've realized I'm just going to get rid of all the other collectables I've picked up over the years and just go 100% 12". I get the feeling that a lot of folks have done this?..... There are a few comics that are going to be tough for me to part with, and my Star Wars 3 3/4" collection is massive, oh well... Just time to move on I guess.

I've been going this route for the last two years now . I have cut back on Habdro purchases dractically and pretty much just buy carded figures now and as of late its been only a few per wave .

I have really enjoyed the SS 1:6 figures since Jedi Luke shipped and own almost all of SW pieces SS has put excpet for Carbo Han which I can't justify the $200 price tag and the Stormtrooper Commander becuase I don't see the point in paying $90.00 for a repainted stormtrooper thats in a book I'll never read and a video game I'll never play.

I'm sure there will be other I'll pass on down the the road like Jar Jar and most EP I releases but I truely enjoy the SS product and truely look forward to getting them. I may even break down depending on funds in the fall and if I can get a good deal get Carbonight Han.

I do look to probably scale back even further on Hasbro next year and just get firgures that I can't live without and try to limit it to 20-25.

I've been going this route for the last two years now . I have cut back on Habdro purchases dractically and pretty much just buy carded figures now and as of late its been only a few per wave .

I have really enjoyed the SS 1:6 figures since Jedi Luke shipped and own almost all of SW pieces SS has put excpet for Carbo Han which I can't justify the $200 price tag and the Stormtrooper Commander becuase I don't see the point in paying $90.00 for a repainted stormtrooper thats in a book I'll never read and a video game I'll never play.

I'm sure there will be other I'll pass on down the the road like Jar Jar and most EP I releases but I truely enjoy the SS product and truely look forward to getting them. I may even break down depending on funds in the fall and if I can get a good deal get Carbonight Han.

I do look to probably scale back even further on Hasbro next year and just get firgures that I can't live without and try to limit it to 20-25.

He might also be in the upcoming TV show you'll never watch. :p

Well, just cancelled these two. I like the idea, but honestly the Stormtrooper version of Han and Luke just aren't quite exciting enough for me to drop another $200 on them.

May eventually try and track them down (as the helmet detail is really cool) but for now I'm taking a pass.

I picked up the entire Ep4 wave at the start of the year (Han and Luke as STs, Ben, Jawa and Cantina aliens etc) but at 7.99 (and 8.99at a local Target at one point) it's gotten to be too expensive, especially when I could have a 12" figure for the price of that entire line. The real difference to me is this: I can display that 12" figure and it looks good. The 3 3/4" figs are displayed for a month or so then packed away. I think my son will appreciate them one day but at this point I like buying SS Star Wars and Indy figures as well as a few HT pieces, mostly the Superheroes. I find I enjoy them not only when I first get them but months down the line as well.

Definatly keeping these two! The money is waiting in my account for SS to take ! I'm thinking though that we may not see preauths start until the middle of or late this week since they are still processing orders for Vader and
there is also one SDCC piece they have to charge first before these .

Just as long as mine ships the 17th I don't care.

I do wish the helmets were removable, Luke was shroter and Han came with the Blaster rifle but....

At least the detailing in the helmets does make up for them not fitting over the heads. Luke still looks darn good even at the wrong height and I'm guessing the Blaster Rifle is being saved as Chewbacca's exclusive,

I picked up the entire Ep4 wave at the start of the year (Han and Luke as STs, Ben, Jawa and Cantina aliens etc) but at 7.99 (and 8.99at a local Target at one point) it's gotten to be too expensive, especially when I could have a 12" figure for the price of that entire line. The real difference to me is this: I can display that 12" figure and it looks good. The 3 3/4" figs are displayed for a month or so then packed away. I think my son will appreciate them one day but at this point I like buying SS Star Wars and Indy figures as well as a few HT pieces, mostly the Superheroes. I find I enjoy them not only when I first get them but months down the line as well.

I here you! I still get a big smile on my face when I look at pieces I bought from SS 2-3 years ago!

I too have the SS and Medicom Indy , a few LOTR figures and the DC Direct
13' Superheros all in 1:6 . Its more expensive but its easier to save and get the funds together , you don't have to waste time, gas , and worry about scalpers on 1:6 items since you either order them online driect or buy them at a specialty store and you can find good deals on 1:6 if your patient.

I have a bunch of Hasbro stuff set aside for my sone as well . Every a new scuplt comes out of a previously released figure a give away the older conterpart.

Hasbro has been betetr lately but they can be relentless when it comes to constaintly releasing product .

I here you! I still get a big smile on my face when I look at pieces I bought from SS 2-3 years ago!

I too have the SS and Medicom Indy , a few LOTR figures and the DC Direct
13' Superheros all in 1:6 . Its more expensive but its easier to save and get the funds together , you don't have to waste time, gas , and worry about scalpers on 1:6 items since you either order them online driect or buy them at a specialty store and you can find good deals on 1:6 if your patient.

I have a bunch of Hasbro stuff set aside for my sone as well . Every a new scuplt comes out of a previously released figure a give away the older conterpart.

Hasbro has been betetr lately but they can be relentless when it comes to constaintly releasing product .

I feel ya! I'm sure there are a lot of folks who have made this change. I still remember buying Fruit Loops like crazy 15 years ago to get the Stormtrooper Han... Now we're just a few days away from getting these SS masterpieces. I'm super excited. :banana

I feel ya! I'm sure there are a lot of folks who have made this change. I still remember buying Fruit Loops like crazy 15 years ago to get the Stormtrooper Han... Now we're just a few days away from getting these SS masterpieces. I'm super excited. :banana

I still have that Han figure as crappy as it is now! I still can't belive that Kenner didn't include a blaster with it! Whats even worse that its taken thin long for it to be released as a single carded figure!

I can't wait for these guys , I think based on the photos SS did a great job. This has really been a good year for SS so far . You'll be very impressed with Vader.

Well, just cancelled these two. I like the idea, but honestly the Stormtrooper version of Han and Luke just aren't quite exciting enough for me to drop another $200 on them.

May eventually try and track them down (as the helmet detail is really cool) but for now I'm taking a pass.

Cancelled as well... But only as I've got them on order from toys2.

Back