Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I saw someone posted in the Vader thread that they got charged for this yesterday but not for Vader yet? I was wondering if anyone has been charged ? I called yesterday to get a shipping qoute since I'm using expidited shipping and wanted to know how much I was going to be charged and was told they couldn't give me a qoute because shipping wasn't sure about what the box dimesions would be , but they should have known since pre-auths started yesterday.

Anyhow based on what the guy said in the Vader thread it seems that shipping now has the info so I'm calling first thing today.

Still not charged. Is it strange that they will charge the card a week before they ship? Is that what they're going to do? That's what "processing" means, doesn't it?

I cancelled too. Being charged for Vader last week helped me make the decision. :(

Yeah, Vader coming as well as a lot of other stuff made these iffy buys a no go. I'll keep on the look out for a deal, but for now I'll just have to be content with 2 Hans and 4 Lukes :lol

Still not charged. Is it strange that they will charge the card a week before they ship? Is that what they're going to do? That's what "processing" means, doesn't it?

Yes and no. Yes this is how they usually do it, but its not really a charge. It's a pre-authorization where they contact the credit card company and have them hold the funds. I don't really understand it. One time I had a pre-auth stay on my card even after I was charged, causing it to be declined because the card thought I was over my limit. And another time I was on a cruise and double charged something and they shut down my card because of it.

This is how they have handled the SDCC orders for years now . The Processing Notices they sent out last Thursday stated they will start charging accounts on Monday 07/06/09 for the Non-Attendee orders.

I'm guessing only a handfull were done yesterday becuase they are working on Vader and also have a ton of SDCC exclusives to authorize, 7 prodcuts
total so they want enough time to get them done and down to shipping so they can get as many as possible out by 07/17/09.

I should be able to get a shipping qoute today, since they started processing orders yesterday and if I can I'm going to ask they they charge me since with shipping I'm looking at around $250.00, I don't like keeping that much money in my account for
an extended period of time .

Thanks for the responses. If it's only "pre-authorized" then that's good because it will only be Vader in this month's credit card billing cycle. If they don't actually charge Han&Luke til next week, they'll fall in next month's cycle! I have enough funds for both on my card so it's not that my cc will decline the charge. But I like to pay off my card every month, and it just means the pain is spread over two billing cycles!

I hear you on that. I'm hoping Luke and Han go on next month's cycle as well. We collectors are such financial jugglers. :lol

these and vader are probably going to be the only items I buy for a while. just too expensive anymore.

Nothing yet for me but that will change hopefully when I call in a few minutes
tho find out what shipping is going to cost for overnight is and give them permission to charge me.

I called to have them shipped to my work address but didn't bother with asking them to charge me. Honestly I was pretty suprised when I saw they would be shipping soon. I should have them this week. :rock

I doubt it Flo. This happens every year. Someone gets an Item Shipping Soon status and it hangs there until just before SDCC when everyone else gets their shipping notices and most everyone receives them about the same time.

Yeah, I think they're just processing ahead because when it's time to ship, they want to just get right to it with the crunch of SDCC coming, plus all the exclusives to process, I think it's just automated that once you've been pre-authed your account will say shipping soon, I'm sure they don't bother with special programming for SDCC and just let the automated process kick in.

I cancelled last night, if I can get these later with my RPs I'll do that, but in my current collecting budget, it's just a lot of money for a sort of gimmick set of figures, essentially just 2 more Stormtroopers with a Han and Luke head, as 12 inch figures, they qualify as something I can live without if that's how it works out, I've got Luke and Han from ANH already, there are other figures I'd rather not pass like Sandtrooper or Piett first as they're unique to anything I have and Piett's a favorite character.

Nothing yet for me but that will change hopefully when I call in a few minutes
tho find out what shipping is going to cost for overnight is and give them permission to charge me.

Called SS was told by the rep since I want mine overnighted and they don't ship until 07/17/09 that they couldn't give me a shipping quote until next Friday 07/17/09 becuase the rates change constaintly . They could do it for standard shipping though which I don't want on such an expensive piece since I live in the midwest and someone has to be present to sign for it.

Anyhow they told me to call back on the 17th and they will charge me and have it go out that day so good enough.

I doubt it Flo. This happens every year. Someone gets an Item Shipping Soon status and it hangs there until just before SDCC when everyone else gets their shipping notices and most everyone receives them about the same time.

Yeah, first time buying a SDCC EX so no clue how it works. Of course I was pretty excited to see the status change. Like I was telling either you or Maul yesterday, I'd rather they take another week or so. I just moved and I only have about 7-8 figures displayed at this point with a ton sitting in the garage boxed up and an un-futzed Vader and Two-Face sitting on my computer desk.... And I'm sure Han and Luke will need the same mods as the standard trooper. Anyway, the extra couple of days don't bother me at all.

I cancelled last night, if I can get these later with my RPs I'll do that, but in my current collecting budget, it's just a lot of money for a sort of gimmick set of figures, essentially just 2 more Stormtroopers with a Han and Luke head, as 12 inch figures, they qualify as something I can live without if that's how it works out, I've got Luke and Han from ANH already, there are other figures I'd rather not pass like Sandtrooper or Piett first as they're unique to anything I have and Piett's a favorite character.

We've all got to prioritize. These two will cost more then a P1 once he hits domestically. But to me I'd go Han and Luke every time..... There's just so much good stuff coming out right now. :duh You also saved yourself a few bucks on Vader!

Anyhow they told me to call back on the 17th and they will charge me and have it go out that day so good enough.

Okay, so just like the notification stated, we're looking at next Friday. Sweet. :rock

Man, I almost cancelled these two the other day due to some unexpected air conditioner repair costs (it is HOT here in San Antonio this year!). Fortunately, my mom came through with some much needed birthday cash :D

I just cancelled my non-attendee today. So some one is getting mine. Vader, MK I Ironman and the HT DX Joker all coming. Something had to go.

Back