Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, this set might mark an end of an era for me. While I had anticipation for Lando, I am realizing my interest in SW is waning a little. I am really curious to see if something grabs me at SDCC, but for now I plan on just collecting the GI Joe line for now because it seems fresher to me. Even Vader hasn't excited me as much as I hoped. Maybe it was the long wait? IDK.

A little north of there. I'm in Oceanport, which is near Red Bank. Monmouth Park Racetrack is in out town.

How bout you?

I'm in Lyndhurst, right next to the Meadowlands, I can see Giant Stadium from my house. I used order my comics from East Coast Comics in Red Bank years ago. Have you been to Kevin Smith's comic shop, that shouldn't be too far from you.

I'm in Lyndhurst, right next to the Meadowlands, I can see Giant Stadium from my house. I used order my comics from East Coast Comics in Red Bank years ago. Have you been to Kevin Smith's comic shop, that shouldn't be too far from you.

Yep. I go in there all the time. Just went this weekend and saw they had gotten the regular Vader. They have fun props from most of Kevin's movies. But most importantly, they have Sideshow Toys for sale there! It's only the non-exclusives but I like to go in there to browse the figures and statues whenever I'm around. The only thing I wish they would start carrying are Hot Toys figures. That way I could ask for GCs for there for birthdays & Christmas (since Sideshow doesn't offer GCs! :banghead boo Sideshow!).

Well, this set might mark an end of an era for me. While I had anticipation for Lando, I am realizing my interest in SW is waning a little. I am really curious to see if something grabs me at SDCC, but for now I plan on just collecting the GI Joe line for now because it seems fresher to me. Even Vader hasn't excited me as much as I hoped. Maybe it was the long wait? IDK.

I hear you. My interest hasnt waned, to me there is just too much to collect and I have to make some tough choices. More Hot Toys!!:naughty

I'm kind of feeling the same way. I wasn't thinking of getting into GI JOE , but that Cobra Trooper really looks good and it changed my mind a bit.

Im feeling the same way, there is just nothing really exciting about this line anymore. The wait for cantina aliens and more jabba denizens just seems like it will be forever. I personally have never been a fan of clones or EU so if these keep coming.... :(

A Yoda or Lobot may change my mind a little if thats what we see tomorrow.

I dunno. It's probably because I only started collecting last year, but I think there are still plenty of figures left to be done to be excited about. There are still the droids, Chewie, the Fetts, the cantina aliens, Sand People, Hoth figures, Naboo soldiers, etc. And I really believe Sideshow is getting better and better with every figure they release. Just look at the new Han and Luke sculpts. The first ANH Han and Luke were great, IMO, but these are even better since they have a little more expression to them.

I'm still very excited by this line and look forward to many new releases!

I got my shipping notice in the wee hours this morning! Han and Luke will be here Thursday...same day that Vader will arrive! It's like Christmas in July:D

I dunno. It's probably because I only started collecting last year, but I think there are still plenty of figures left to be done to be excited about. There are still the droids, Chewie, the Fetts, the cantina aliens, Sand People, Hoth figures, Naboo soldiers, etc. And I really believe Sideshow is getting better and better with every figure they release. Just look at the new Han and Luke sculpts. The first ANH Han and Luke were great, IMO, but these are even better since they have a little more expression to them.

I'm still very excited by this line and look forward to many new releases!

I agree, and would love to see those figures, but I also dont want to be collecting for another 20 years. I understand SS is a business and needs to stretch out the line, but mix it up.

Back