Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lazy-eye Luke
LazyEyeLuke.jpg

OMG!!!! Call SSC now! That is horrendous.

You see, that's why I almost don't preorder anything anymore, unless it's an uncertain piece with a small ES. That they are both the same height, is practically a bait-and-switch. They clearly have different heights in the preview page.

Wow. I sure hope that the paint jobs look better than these two pictures suggest or I will be sending mine back. Over $200 is too much to spend with sub-par paintjobs. Maybe that eye problem was an isolated incident. However, it also looks as though both Han and Luke have an expression of shock or surprise. I hope it is because of the picture and that the figures don't really look that way. I am going to try and stay cautiously optimistic as I have been really looking forward to these figures.

Last edited:
I received my Han and Luke today and first I've got to say this is the best Han head sculpt to date. On the other hand the preview and proto pics showed that the height of the two was accurate, with Luke being shorter than Han. As you can see from my pics, they are both the same exact height.

If you look carefully it's trick photography as Andy pointed out a few pages back.

Mine will be here Thursday. I can't wait to see how they turned out, I hope they look decent.

It does bug me that in their pictures Sideshow placed Luke further away from Han so it would look like he's shorter but I know they will be the exact same height.

I'm pretty sure that SS made it clear that they would be the same height in the Backstage Pass vid for this piece. It was explained that the bodies are both the same as a standard Stormtrooper (the armor body).

Yeah I totally agree. Fine, go for cheap instead of accuracy. Whatevs, but to try to intentionally deceive the customer is not cool.

Then why would they not put them right next to each other in the prototype photos? I saw what they did and they obviously did it for a reason. Doesn't make it right.

Maybe should nicer pictures will assuage any fears. I hope so because I am really looking forward to these.

Regarding the height issue, I don't mind at all that they are the same height. Most people would never notice. I do however mind if the paint looks like it belongs on Hasbro 3 3/4th scale figure. Hopefully it won't. Sideshow has been getting a lot better with this lately.

Look horrible, very disappointing. I'd send them back man, that's far too much to pay for apps that look like that.

Maybe should nicer pictures will assuage any fears. I hope so because I am really looking forward to these.

Regarding the height issue, I don't mind at all that they are the same height. Most people would never notice. I do however mind if the paint looks like it belongs on Hasbro 3 3/4th scale figure. Hopefully it won't. Sideshow has been getting a lot better with this lately.

well i thought they did have a height difference and the paint do look like it belongs on Hasbro 3 3/4th scale figure

The paint/faces do look horrible. But I wonder if it's something with the new method of casting the heads in the proper skin tone. Toht also photographs terribly, and these two seem to have the same problem I saw in Toht--soft features/sculpting and very slight (almost non-existent) paint apps.

Samueljd, do they look as bad in person?

Back