Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, and would love to see those figures, but I also dont want to be collecting for another 20 years. I understand SS is a business and needs to stretch out the line, but mix it up.

I'm with you...outside of a couple early purchases in my SS career...I only collect and are interested, in the original prequel figures. If I see another clone or some random jedi that I cant even say let alone spell...well its just a bit boring and sorta sad...but my wallet thanks them.

I agree, and would love to see those figures, but I also dont want to be collecting for another 20 years. I understand SS is a business and needs to stretch out the line, but mix it up.

Same here. There are like 10 figures I need made and Im done with the line (SW-1/6th).

I guess it depends upon your collecting focus too. I limit myself to only Ep4. This will become increasingly tough to adhere to when Boba or Yoda are eventually made but I can always make a couple of exceptions. :naughty

Knowing that Chewie and the droids are far off I'm left wondering what's next for Ep4? I have yet to pick up the Fleet Trooper or Cap. Antilles and I'm waiting to see how the Sandtrooper looks, though I'm sure I'll be all over him.... So really, I guess I'm hoping for Greedo, Tusken Raider, Jawa or Tarkin? The Vader release was such a high water mark for Ep4 figs, not sure how SS can follow that up?

I think i'm tired of human characters. A Greedo, Hammerhead, Tusken, etc might fire me up as would a character with a really detailed costume, such as a Episode I Amidala.

I guess it depends upon your collecting focus too. I limit myself to only Ep4. This will become increasingly tough to adhere to when Boba or Yoda are eventually made but I can always make a couple of exceptions. :naughty

Knowing that Chewie and the droids are far off I'm left wondering what's next for Ep4? I have yet to pick up the Fleet Trooper or Cap. Antilles and I'm waiting to see how the Sandtrooper looks, though I'm sure I'll be all over him.... So really, I guess I'm hoping for Greedo, Tusken Raider, Jawa or Tarkin? The Vader release was such a high water mark for Ep4 figs, not sure how SS can follow that up?

I'm certainly with you on Tarkin , Greedo, the Tusken and Jawa. I'd also like to see Pondo Baba , Dr Evazan , Tie Pilot , some of the guys from the Death Star Breifing room like, Motti, Cheif Bast , ect...

I do reccomend the Fleet Trooper , itys a really good figure and my favorite Rebel produced thus far.

I've been very choosy with which figures I get. I haven't gotten a lot of the Jedis or extra armored figures and I'm perfectly happy without them. But I still like to see them out in the world and seeing others enjoying them. I think it's good that SS mixes them up since if they only released the highly anticipated figures, everyone would be content and maybe bored once the third-tier characters started being done, and the line would die out that much faster. There are still so many first tier characters left to do, so there is plenty to look forward to. And variety is the spice of life!

I've been very choosy with which figures I get. I haven't gotten a lot of the Jedis or extra armored figures and I'm perfectly happy without them. But I still like to see them out in the world and seeing others enjoying them. I think it's good that SS mixes them up since if they only released the highly anticipated figures, everyone would be content and maybe bored once the third-tier characters started being done, and the line would die out that much faster. There are still so many first tier characters left to do, so there is plenty to look forward to. And variety is the spice of life!

I'm probably one of the few people that hasn't mind the variety of offerings we've gotten from SS over the last 3 years.

I also forget to mention that even though my wife would kill me I'd love to see SS do a Dewback , the other two Sandtroopers (It will happen) and a Land Speeder.

I'm certainly with you on Tarkin , Greedo, the Tusken and Jawa. I'd also like to see Pondo Baba , Dr Evazan , Tie Pilot , some of the guys from the Death Star Breifing room like, Motti, Cheif Bast , ect...

I do reccomend the Fleet Trooper , itys a really good figure and my favorite Rebel produced thus far.

I would love to see those as well, add Momow Nadon (I know I butchered the spelling there, but I meant Hammerhead) to the list. I would love a Motti, just as much as Tarkin.

As far as the Fleet Trooper, I want him, no doubt. I picked up a pair of RFT boots from Toy Anxiety for a Yavin Luke bash I did (Yavin Luke has to be THE worst sculpt in this line by a mile) and I thought they where top quality! So much better then the boots that SS has kept using over and over on Yavin Luke, Han, Pradji and even German Indy (the list goes on and on). If the rest of the Fleet Trooper is half as nice as the boots are it's got to be sweet. Just waiting for him to become gift card eligible. :naughty

Well... Boba did appear in the '97 re-release of ANH-- if that helps you sleep better at night. :D

I can appreciate what you are saying, and understand that a mix is needed. But it just seems like the past 7 months have been lackluster. I think every 4 months SS should be able to introduce an awesome figure to the line. From a business stand point that should be there goal, yes it is SW but you need to keep buyers interested or there habits or focus can shift elsewhere.

Which ones are those??

I see myself collecting this line for some time.

In my current plans I need these still
Rex
501st
Boba
Jango
Tarkin
Ep I Obi
Ep II Anakin
Ep VI Palps if not in EP VI dio
Darth Tyrannus
2 Yodas
Sith apprentice Vader
3po and R2 to replace the Hasbro
Plus I want 2-3 dios, 2 PFs and 2 LE Sabers and thats a wrap for SW.

Now believe me I would do more but I have to make choices because of space and other lines (Hot Toys) are just too nice to pass up.
Id rather have the new Batman and Joker than some minor SW characters that Im not that into.
Sorry for going OT.

I received my Han and Luke today and first I've got to say this is the best Han head sculpt to date. On the other hand the preview and proto pics showed that the height of the two was accurate, with Luke being shorter than Han. As you can see from my pics, they are both the same exact height.

HanLuke.jpg

Lazy-eye Luke
LazyEyeLuke.jpg

I sold my order to a fellow boardie, I was tempted to refund him, and now I am sure I will not. I am not digging the paint apps at all.

Does Luke have TWO DOLL DOTS in each eye?

Back