Han and Luke as Stormtroopers - SDCC '09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luke's eye is disappointing. If mine looks like that I think I may send it back. I was on the fence about these in the first place and with all the other great stuff coming out...

They jacked up eye sucks but it's almost the hair I'm more worried about. Hopefully some better pictures will surface tomorrow.

That eye must be a mistake. I'd give SS a ring.... Otherwise how are the bodies? Tight?

Actually, the bodies are somewhat loose. Not as bad as Indy was, but not far from it. My Stormtrooper EX has tighter joints than these.

they didn't fix the chest piece. looks like more heating and velcro for me. how are the helmets looking?

The helmets and head sculpts are the 2 best things about these figs. The detail inside the helmets are very intricate. I'll snap a couple pics inside the helmets.

Hopefully this won't be a victim of "SDCC rush job syndrome" like Yavin Luke ...

That's exactly what I was thinking. This is seriously BS!!

I just got my shipping notice and came in here and this is what I find. If my figures look like that, I am going to be pissed, and the crummy part is, I know they will look that bad. This bait and switch on the paintjobs is getting out of hand.

Then why would they not put them right next to each other in the prototype photos? I saw what they did and they obviously did it for a reason. Doesn't make it right.

So true. I ordered based on what was shone and I remember reading the posts the first few days these were released and most everyone was under the impression these would be different heights. I haven't kept up with the threads since I ordered these, so I had no idea they would be the same height and base body (that was a cheap production, especially for $200 worth a figs).

Look horrible, very disappointing. I'd send them back man, that's far too much to pay for apps that look like that.

I'm definitely going to send them back, right now I don't know if it will be for a refund or replacements. The head sculpts are excellent and the paintwork is pretty good, other than the doll dot eyes. I was hoping to use the heads for custom Luke and Han (I already have the Smuggler clothing on a TrueType body I was ready to put the Han head on).

The paint/faces do look horrible. But I wonder if it's something with the new method of casting the heads in the proper skin tone. Toht also photographs terribly, and these two seem to have the same problem I saw in Toht--soft features/sculpting and very slight (almost non-existent) paint apps.

Samueljd, do they look as bad in person?

They don't look so bad in person, but your right about the soft looking features and molding color. Crisper features and detail would look better, but I think a custom paint job by someone like Small Studios would do wonders to these head sculpts.

I would call SS & E mail them a pic. Either send them back or get a replacement Luke with a better paint app.

Believe me my friend I will call, I just happened to open these after work this evening, so I didn't get a chance to contact them before closing. I've already sent back Belloq EX, Snake Eyes EX, Classic Ironman Comiquette for replacement this year. Darth Vader EX is pending due to a broken chest plate strap (most likely they will have me sent him back too, though I hope not, I'd rather have a replacement chest plate). The QC is looking bad at SS these days, though my replacements were great.

I'm definitely going to send them back, right now I don't know if it will be for a refund or replacements. The head sculpts are excellent and the paintwork is pretty good, other than the doll dot eyes. I was hoping to use the heads for custom Luke and Han (I already have the Smuggler clothing on a TrueType body I was ready to put the Han head on).

I'd wait a bit before you send them back and see what others look like. If most don't have the lazy eye then go for a replacement, but if that seems to be a common problem I'd go for the refund. That's my plan anyway.

That's exactly what I was thinking. This is seriously BS!!

I just got my shipping notice and came in here and this is what I find. If my figures look like that, I am going to be pissed, and the crummy part is, I know they will look that bad. This bait and switch on the paintjobs is getting out of hand.

That's exactly what I thought the second I opened these up. Seems like they just tried to rush them for release, because of SDCC.

:horror

What is up with SDCC exclusives anyway? Why do they always turn out sloppy?

Damn shame too, because those sculpt are just beautiful. But $200 is a lot of cash -- especially now -- for that kind of product.

Vader was such a welcome relief, but between these and the ark I'm getting aggravated again with this kind of delivery.

I'd wait a bit before you send them back and see what others look like. If most don't have the lazy eye then go for a replacement, but if that seems to be a common problem I'd go for the refund. That's my plan anyway.

I'll check things out for the next couple days and see how the other ones turn out.

Here's another pic of Luke's eyes in the natural light:

LukesEye.jpg

man the photos on their web site look good i think im going to have a BF can't believe they are the same height and that they are loose this sucks

Back