Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you got it - I will past a pic tonight after the halloween festivities.

Thanks!!

And while we're posting our Carobonite Han's here's my contribution. I got this off some seller on Ebay. I dont know who the company is who made this but he repainted and it has a nice weight to it....

EDIT:Not sure where the red is coming from, there's no red on the piece...

101_0154.jpg

101_0156.jpg

With the rest of the family:

101_0157.jpg

I'm disappointed. They don't even release Han in a pose or weapon from the film.

I'd just like to reiterate my hope that the exclusive actually comes with an Unfrozen Han Solo with two head sculpts on the Pro. One normal head and one hair slicked back head. That way we can upgrade our Bespin Han figures. Odds are though that the baby jacket would NEVER fit :lol

not to get into a discussion on the merits of Attakus pieces, but keep in mind the size, material used, craftsmanship and the fact that a lot of pieces are available for dirt cheap on ebay these days...

Awesome accessorie, been waiting for this since i got old jabba.

Hope i can add a couple more figure to the display in the future.

Is that really the Attakus Han on that foto? Where is the base?
Attakus Gamorrean Guard is very fine in my opinion:
©Side6.jpg

In IRC I was told this was base and wall and the thing was 18.5 " tall

Awesome, well it should be tall, the slab hangs a few feet off the ground, plus there's probably an inch top and bottom to it bigger than Han in the middle, so slab alone is roughly 14" tall, 2 more inches off the floor, and 2 above the slabe, sounds about right and good, hope there's an overhang on the wall with a light, or a light off the wall.

BTW, what is IRC?

Looks nice, but way to expensive, Sideshow WILL be cheaper, and WILL look nicer. I think Attakus stuff is way overpriced and they don't look that good IMO....
yeah, come to think of it, the Attakus cold-cast porcelain is probably more expensive material than SSC polystone.
but, either way, i don't see why SSC can't just use roto-cast vinyl like the Jabba.
it would look just as great but be FAR cheaper. all polystone adds to this piece is extra weight and shipping charges.

To me, the overhead spotlight, given that this is meant for ROTJ, is more important than actually lit panels on the side of the block. If it was just the carbonite block, then I'd say the panel lights are important to be real lights, but since the display environment is included, the light from it's pretty defining, it'd be a shame not to have something close to it. That's the image that stands out most when I think of Han in Carbonite, that promo shot used for all the figures where the triangle of highlight is cast on the block making dramatic highlights and shadows showing off all the sculpting to the block, just a really cool image.

WOW! So it's gonna be a whole thing.

Have to see if the slab is removable -- and if it lights up -- but its sounding like a large display item and I just don't have the room...

Im not totally happy either as my display cab were I currently have Jabba is only 14" tall :(

That said if this is as good as it could be (lights and the right detail) then id have to buy it.

It would have to sit in the garage until I can get Jabba and it in a new cab, I think the weequays and Max Rebo bands will be somewhere down the line, if not ill make some myself. So if I buy Han and sit him in the garage for the time being he will have to wait until I can make a decent cab and Ill make with Max and co. in mind. Ive seen some jabba floor plans and with Han dictating the heights its gonna be a huge cabinet :horror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back