Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish SSC didn't put the end caps on this piece, it could have been moded to be more accurate.

That's what I was thinking... as if the cost wasn't enough to make this iffy for me, it's not very film accurate.

That I agree very much. Sideshow has always won fans over with their quality and accuracy. Since they didn't made the complete wall, maybe the end caps shouldn't be there.

As I said in the "How Much..." thread, I don't really understand the price point. $199? The Ex Belloq with fertility idol and temple alter, which is fairly large itself and equally detailed, is only $140 and actually comes with a metal idol and a $100 figure on the Prometheus with all his accessories. Is this really worth $60 more? It seems like you're getting less.

Sideshow is charging $199 because of people like me, that would still pay while feeling the pain. Hah....:(

What we might have got... I have to emphasise, this is NOT REAL. :emperor Hah hah

Last edited:
Backpedaling? :confused: How so, most polystone pieces of the same relative size are much MORE expensive. If anything, it would appear that the 1/6 gang aren't used to spending this type of money - though from what I have seen figures are getting more expensive.

I honestly see $200 as a great price, it is equivalent to the new AVP maquette and most poly pieces that SS is doing.

Teach it, brother, teach it! :rock

Polystone is awesome, but this was a relatively inexpensive 12" figure line, so I can understand that people would be upset that it's made of expensive material. I don't think they should be surprised, because the line is no longer inexpensive, but I can see why they might not like it.

Polystone is awesome, but this was a relatively inexpensive 12" figure line, so I can understand that people would be upset that it's made of expensive material. I don't think they should be surprised, because the line is no longer inexpensive, but I can see why they might not like it.

I thought it has been discussed that polystone is actually cheaper to produce than plastic. There is only a perception that it costs more because of its inherent weight.

This is quite different than the PF Fett debacle. The crap hit the fan on that because Sideshow ending up charging polystone prices for a much cheaper plastic figure. This is actually quite the opposite... it's $200 because it's polystone. That part actually makes sense. If it had been made of lighter, cheaper ABS, PVC, or vinyl for this same amount then I would see the comparison to PF Fett.

For it's size and materials I don't think the $199.99 price is outrageous. I just find it highly dubious that they would make such a lavish, relatively expensive piece for something like this and fall short of going the extra mile with lights and electronics. Again, this thing with lights for $230-$250 would just be a much better value than without for $200, imho. I just don't get it. :huh

You are right, then I should only ask for the control panel to be in the correct place. Hah hah.:D

About one of my earlier post. I just realise that Sideshow did place the control panel in the right place, it has been my mistake.:D

That PIECE IS AWESOME....200$ IS NOTHING FOR THAT...12'' SW COLLECTORS ARE SO CHEAP...YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A PERFECT JABBA DISPLAY, YET YOU GUYS WHINE..

I aint whining about the price and I aint pointing out other whiners with my caps lock on either :)

Polystone vs Plastic = High-end collectible vs Toy

Simple as that.

Polystone

Polystone is the common name for Polyethylene, just another plastic. But there are two main types, High and Low Density. High density is used for the figurines. Polystone offers good resistance to moisture, impact, heat, sunlight, cold and has good rigidity. I mean good compared to PVC. Everything here is compared to PVC.

Polystone distorts of about 80 degrees Celsius. It is not that ductile, lighter than water, and can be moulded, machined, and joined together using welding (difficult to glue). It’s a thermoplastic as well, meaning it can be heated and reshaped and cooled. This is easy to mould and rather durable. The higher heat resistance and rigidity also means figurines do not lean or distort, or worse, start degrading in sunlight. But for this added quality, polystone figurines are more expensive than PVC ones and the selection is a lot less.

Unlike PVC which is more ductile, Polystone does BREAK because of the higher rigidity. So shipping overseas is a bit more of a risk for these. Use EMS at all costs.

And yes, it’s also known as polyethene, the plastic bag. So people who have been fooled by the fancy name, please hang your head in shame.

https://www.riuva.com/?p=301

https://radiantdreamer.wordpress.co...plastics-abs-pvc-vinyl-resin-polystone-oh-my/

do want.. but anything past 1st quarter i've got to seriously consider, so i'll get him later on down the line.

$200 isn't that bad, same price as Jabba's thone and as much or more detail plus it's two years later. Great addition to the Jabba's palace scene.

I just Hope they make a ROTJ Boba Fett soon. There has NEVER been a ROTJ Fett made in 1/6 scale.

Vintage 1979 large scale fett -- Proto type Fett
1996ish 12" fett -- ESB
electronic 12" Fett -- ESB
Marmit 12" fett -- ESB
OTC 12" Fett -- ESB
RAH 12" Fett -- ESB

Considering the popularity of Boba Fett and Jabba's palace and the number of Star Wars 1/6 figure made by all companies the past 30+ years I'm shocked ROTJ fett hasn't been done.

$200 isn't that bad, same price as Jabba's thone and as much or more detail plus it's two years later. Great addition to the Jabba's palace scene.

I just Hope they make a ROTJ Boba Fett soon. There has NEVER been a ROTJ Fett made in 1/6 scale.

Vintage 1979 large scale fett -- Proto type Fett
1996ish 12" fett -- ESB
electronic 12" Fett -- ESB
Marmit 12" fett -- ESB
OTC 12" Fett -- ESB
RAH 12" Fett -- ESB

Considering the popularity of Boba Fett and Jabba's palace and the number of Star Wars 1/6 figure made by all companies the past 30+ years I'm shocked ROTJ fett hasn't been done.

It actually surprises me that with only an alternate gun and a repaint, Medicom never made ROTJ Boba Fett.

Whats the difference between ESB and ROTJ Boba?

I still dont know the difference between all the Vaders :dunno

Whats the difference between ESB and ROTJ Boba?

I still dont know the difference between all the Vaders :dunno

ESB Boba Fett

Boba%20Fett.jpg

ROTJ Boba Fett

BobaFettMain2.jpg

The biggest differences are the gun and the gauntlets.

It's actually quite subtle, with the lighting in Jabba's palace, the battle of Carkoon is the only clear look at it and things are going so fast, not much time to pick up on it, you'd have to study figures and promo images looking for accurracy to really notice. Typical Lucas screw up, Boba dawns his ROTJ gear for his insertion into ANH special edition, though for continuity, it should be ESB gear, it would at least make sense that Boba had to make changes after ESB that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back