Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured it would be at least $150. Come on honestly if SS went cheap and made it out of plastic I bet Everone would of complained that they went cheap, and that it is no different to the Hasbro version.

As for lights I didn't expect it. Didn't they say in the beginning they would never go the electronic path with they 12" line?

I'm happy with it. Impressive size and looks great. I ordered, but yes I will cancel if I source it cheaper.

Everyone is talking about displaying this with Leia but what about Boba. Did a little PS work on a custom Boba I did. What do you think?

bobadisplay-1.jpg

Really looking forward to this piece. I'll probably sell my current Carbo-slab.

Resizeof100_4274.jpg
Resizeof100_4554.jpg

I got it form ebay a couple of years ago. It's resin but I'm not sure from what. The slab is a little thinner than it should be. Pretty much stops after the panels for depth. If interested please PM me.

That PIECE IS AWESOME....200$ IS NOTHING FOR THAT...12'' SW COLLECTORS ARE SO CHEAP...YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A PERFECT JABBA DISPLAY, YET YOU GUYS WHINE..

That PIECE IS AWESOME....200$ IS NOTHING FOR THAT...12'' SW COLLECTORS ARE SO CHEAP...YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A PERFECT JABBA DISPLAY, YET YOU GUYS WHINE..

Can't be perfect without more aliens or a Rancor. And it's not necessarily a matter of price as it is of size.

I figured it would be at least $150. Come on honestly if SS went cheap and made it out of plastic I bet Everone would of complained that they went cheap, and that it is no different to the Hasbro version.

Whatever. This piece could have EASILY been accomplished in plastic with lifelike paint job (saving us many, many dollars), yet still display the fine artistry we've come to expect from Sideshow Collectibles. I never understood the fascination with polystone that Sideshow (and most of you) seem to have. How many of you are actually going to be handling this thing often to see just how heavy it is...? I mean, really? Is it more of a "collectible" because it's made out of a heavy, brittle material? I don't think so. But, just like in Japanese robot collectibles where diecast is king (I'll never understand that line of thinking, either), weight seems to be a factor with collectibility and desirability in this community. Makes no sense to me. Give me something that looks amazing. It doesn't need to feel like real stone (and this suffer from a grand markup). :rolleyes:

Can't be perfect without more aliens or a Rancor. And it's not necessarily a matter of price as it is of size.

The Rancor never had line of sight to the Han in Carbonite. In fact, Han never saw the rancor at all. To me, therefore, the Rancor is irrelevant to the Han in Carbonite environment.

Polystone vs Plastic = High-end collectible vs Toy

Simple as that.

I call bull^^^^ on that. I'm also a collector of Yamato Macross Valkyries, which are made of mostly ABS and are complete masterpieces of engineering. They look like museum quality pieces, and are not made of polystone. Also, looking at my amazing Sideshow 1:6 scale Obi Wan in Clone Armor, there's a great deal of plastic in the piece, and yet it doesn't look "toyish" in any way, nor does my vinyl Jabba the Hutt.

Simple as that.

Well, only because it makes it so fragile that you COULDN'T play with it, unless the polystone can really show more detail, and after a closer look at the side panels, I'm inclined to think that that is the case. It would have been better if they used some metal in this piece, like for the case, however, if the detail is really nice, then as sculpture of an iconic part of the OT, its well worth $200. However, the problem is that it is associated with the figures, and NO Han in Carbonite associated with the figure line should be more than say $45 at the most, because it isn't even articulated. That is how much the Han in Carbonite should cost if it was made of plastic, to me.

Simple as that.
how does plastic = toy? it's actually more expensive and far more durable than polystone.
do you gauge the value of everything by weight or brittleness?
i have some bricks in my back yard that are right up your alley.

seriously, though. all polystone adds to this piece is obscene shipping costs.

Stop the polystone hatin !!! you aint elitist enough...

No lights is still B.S.

Hot Toys has spoiled me. I almost wish they were the only company making 1:6 stuff now.

Wow this is like the Fett PF all over again. Theyre damned if they do, damned if they dont.

Simple as that.

:lecture

In most cases yes (plastic in the purist form). Who wants a plastic seam running down this? I think that this is a case of the 1/6 crowd stepping over into statue land .... don't be afraid, you'll like it!

:rock

I really don't care what its made out of... this is what we got so I either buy it or not. Its not like they will go back and make it any different now (at least they better not :))

:lecture

In most cases yes (plastic in the purist form). Who wants a plastic seam running down this? I think that this is a case of the 1/6 crowd stepping over into statue land .... don't be afraid, you'll like it!

:rock
i don't see any seams on my plastic Jabba.
i think this is a case of the polystone crowd backpedaling to justify all that $$ they spent.
that sucks. frowny face :(

i don't see any seams on my plastic Jabba.
i think this is a case of the polystone crowd backpedaling to justify all that $$ they spent.
that sucks. frowny face :(

Backpedaling? :confused: How so, most polystone pieces of the same relative size are much MORE expensive. If anything, it would appear that the 1/6 gang aren't used to spending this type of money - though from what I have seen figures are getting more expensive.

I honestly see $200 as a great price, it is equivalent to the new AVP maquette and most poly pieces that SS is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back