Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the Jetpack. ESB is green and Rotj is multicolored.

Yup, that too. ROTJ is the same color scheme, though more weathered, as Jango's Kamino pack in AOTC. ESB is just an olive green like the rest of his gear.

Yup, that too. ROTJ is the same color scheme, though more weathered, as Jango's Kamino pack in AOTC. ESB is just an olive green like the rest of his gear.

I know ROTJ Fett well. I see him everyday.
fettcarb.JPG

So, could someone recommend an online retailer for this set? I like it and even though I wanted lights, I'm more annoyed that it's shortened.

Who is a good retailer to preorder it from?

It actually surprises me that with only an alternate gun and a repaint, Medicom never made ROTJ Boba Fett.

I would buy that to replace my ESB that is next to my Jabba setup. I am sure in time they will release one, and it may be better than SSC since they got the flare right on the helmet unlike the PF. But back on topic Han in carbonite will make a fine addition to Jabba & the gang.

It's actually quite subtle, with the lighting in Jabba's palace, the battle of Carkoon is the only clear look at it and things are going so fast, not much time to pick up on it, you'd have to study figures and promo images looking for accurracy to really notice. Typical Lucas screw up, Boba dawns his ROTJ gear for his insertion into ANH special edition, though for continuity, it should be ESB gear, it would at least make sense that Boba had to make changes after ESB that way.

It shows that Lucas doesn't even pay attention to details in his own films. I truly believe the original trilogy would never have been considered classic if it wasn't for the immense collaboration among extremely talented individuals who actually knew what they were doing. By the time Lucas decided to revise the OT, he had become so wealthy, he surrounded himself with yes-men so he could do whatever the ^^^^ he wanted and everything turned to ^^^^.

OMFGZ!!!1!nineeleven!!1! LUCAS DOESN'T EVEN NO HOW TO MAKE HIS OWN MOOVEEZ!!!1!
HE SUXORZ AND I COULD MAKE THEM SOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!

It shows that Lucas doesn't even pay attention to details in his own films. I truly believe the original trilogy would never have been considered classic if it wasn't for the immense collaboration among extremely talented individuals who actually knew what they were doing. By the time Lucas decided to revise the OT, he had become so wealthy, he surrounded himself with yes-men so he could do whatever the ^^^^ he wanted and everything turned to ^^^^.

The entire Fett/Jabba and inexplicably Greedo (just seconds after being zapped) is a mess --- that was a HUGE mistake in the SE.

:emperor:maul:emperor:maul

$200 for that!?
Forget it. :mad:
Basically they're asking us to spend $200 on the block of Carbonite because I don't think anyone in their right mind is asking for a giant chunk of polystone Jabba Palace wall.
If this was just the Carbonite Solo block, then it's not worth over $70. That would mean the palace wall is $130, and I'm not in that dire need of a polystone wall. :rolleyes:

I think Sideshow really needs to reevaluate how they approach 1:6 scale Environments form now on.

And to think, this cost less than $100.

ussflagg.jpg

I'm guessing Hot Toys would have used plastic and it would have lights.

ussflagg.jpg

Really?! Bro, you know how LONG ago that came out? Candybars and Soda were like $0.50 a piece. A movie was like $5. That thing if released today, to coincide with the new Joe line, would be closer to $199-$250.

Polystone

Polystone is the common name for Polyethylene, just another plastic. But there are two main types, High and Low Density. High density is used for the figurines. Polystone offers good resistance to moisture, impact, heat, sunlight, cold and has good rigidity. I mean good compared to PVC. Everything here is compared to PVC.

Polystone distorts of about 80 degrees Celsius. It is not that ductile, lighter than water, and can be moulded, machined, and joined together using welding (difficult to glue). It’s a thermoplastic as well, meaning it can be heated and reshaped and cooled. This is easy to mould and rather durable. The higher heat resistance and rigidity also means figurines do not lean or distort, or worse, start degrading in sunlight. But for this added quality, polystone figurines are more expensive than PVC ones and the selection is a lot less.

Unlike PVC which is more ductile, Polystone does BREAK because of the higher rigidity. So shipping overseas is a bit more of a risk for these. Use EMS at all costs.

And yes, it’s also known as polyethene, the plastic bag. So people who have been fooled by the fancy name, please hang your head in shame.

https://www.riuva.com/?p=301

https://radiantdreamer.wordpress.co...plastics-abs-pvc-vinyl-resin-polystone-oh-my/

So polystone is just plastic that is as hard as a rock.

ussflagg.jpg

As I recall, it was exactly $100, or $99.97 at Toys R Us. Some places sold it for more than $100. Back then, minimum wage was $3.50 or $4.00 an hour. Back then, you could also buy a comic book for $.75, and so you could buy 5 comics for one hour's labor. Not anymore.

I don't think the ESB armor existed after ROTJ the only armor they had was the jedi armor

I continue to hold out on this $200 bombshell, trying to send a message to Sideshow. No way should this be as expensive as Jabba's throne!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back