Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$200 US!!!!!!!!
I'll be passing on this piece.
Almost feel sorry for those who are
doing a Jabba's palace scene.
OUCH.

$200 US!!!!!!!!
I'll be passing on this piece.
Almost feel sorry for those who are
doing a Jabba's palace scene.
OUCH.
yep. bit me right on the ass.
i doubt i'll even bother with the throne at the prices everybody is asking for on here and ebay.
it's just an accessory. basically a slab. might as well flush $200 down the toilet and put my Jabba on a cinder block.

yep. bit me right on the ass.
i doubt i'll even bother with the throne at the prices everybody is asking for on here and ebay.
it's just an accessory. basically a slab. might as well flush $200 down the toilet and put my Jabba on a cinder block.

If that's your opinion on the throne (and the necessity of having it to display your 1/6 Jabba) then it must be safe to say that you've never owned it or seen it in person.

The throne is awesome and it lifts the 1/6 Jabba (no pun intended-- well maybe a little) to a tremendous height. It's a must have IMHO if you own the Jabba.

As far as this Han accessory-- I think it'll make any Jabba throne room display rock.

I think Jabba's throne and the wall environment for Han in Carbonite are made with the aim at the really hardcore Jabba's palace fanatics. If you really really love all things Jabba's Palace, likely Jabba with no throne or Han in Carbonite with no display wall would have been dissappointing. As a nut for that part of the film, I'm glad we get both, as I find them equally defining for each "figure" that goes with them, Han needs a wall to mount on and Jabba a throne to sit atop. Unfortunately for SSC, people may be less behind all the little palace pieces like that, at least at what they're costing. As an owner of Jabba's throne, I can understand where some think it's a simplistic, overpriced item, but I see a good deal of quality work put into it and I'm fine with spending what I did on it.

I think Jabba's throne and the wall environment for Han in Carbonite are made with the aim at the really hardcore Jabba's palace fanatics. If you really really love all things Jabba's Palace, likely Jabba with no throne or Han in Carbonite with no display wall would have been dissappointing. As a nut for that part of the film, I'm glad we get both, as I find them equally defining for each "figure" that goes with them, Han needs a wall to mount on and Jabba a throne to sit atop. Unfortunately for SSC, people may be less behind all the little palace pieces like that, at least at what they're costing. As an owner of Jabba's throne, I can understand where some think it's a simplistic, overpriced item, but I see a good deal of quality work put into it and I'm fine with spending what I did on it.

I wonder if they're planning to flesh out any other scenes as eloquently as they've done with Jabba's palace. It is a great scene, but arguably not THE most memorable. I'd like to see them do others like the trash compactor scene from ANH since we already have all the players (save poor Chewie) or perhaps the Bounty Hunter scene from TESB...of course, we'd need actual bounty hunters first. :rotfl

I don't see a great deal of environments coming from SSC, particularly if this carbonite doesn't sell well, that'd make it and Jabba's throne tough sells and while that may not be a good gauge of support for other environments, as a business, the numbers do speak.

I wonder if they're planning to flesh out any other scenes as eloquently as they've done with Jabba's palace. It is a great scene, but arguably not THE most memorable. I'd like to see them do others like the trash compactor scene from ANH since we already have all the players (save poor Chewie) or perhaps the Bounty Hunter scene from TESB...of course, we'd need actual bounty hunters first. :rotfl

The trash compactor would be have to be HUGE and all there was for the bounty hunters is a platform and rail (as best as i can remember) so nothing really interesitng there. The only other "environment" I can see is the emperors chair from jedi.

I'd like the Bespin stairs (with light up functions of course).

Guys, I can't believe no one has said it yet. What about this for a wall?

https://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/2/2c/VaderTantive4.jpg

I really wouldn't spend the money it'd cost to own that wall if it were only a chunk of the wall. It'd have to be the entire view in that photo, and A) the size would be enormous, and B) it'd cost probably around $700 for it, so I still wouldn't get it.

Environments are tricky, most of the cool ones would have to be large areas to make an impact, and SSC's already shown they're going to worry about size as they reduced the Han wall from the film wall. Emperor's throne seems a good likelihood for an environment, maybe some bases like a lava base with both platforms for Anakin and Obi-Wan in the Mustfar duel, but anything with walls is going to eat up room and I don't see SSC going there, nor people spending the money on only small segments of environments.

I love it and I ordered it.

$200 is a lot, but it's awesome and will look amazing next to my Jabba setup with Boushh standing next to him.

I'm really really excited for this!

I wish they had done the Emperor's Throne Room.

I don't think we'll ever see the room, but I have hopes after this Han and wall that we'll see the Emperor's throne with a chunk of flooring to attach it too, not sure we'll see the window, that'd be awesome, but they could do at least the chair and floor, that'd be awesome.

.... waits for the complaints to come in regarding price. :sick

I wonder Sideshow's thinking on this piece. It is certainly NOT a logical time to offer this right now in this economical environment. Are they banking on the hardcore collectors only to purchase it right now or that in time the economy will be good enough for people to go ahead and purchase it later on. The Sprint vs. The Marathon. I believe that once people see this thing in a displayed environment, especially a well done one with all characters represented, then the sales will pick up on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back