Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They had to do the wall thing though in some form. Otherwise it would look odd if it didn't.

The whole thing just looks glorious. I'm still trying to figure out where I'll have room for it. :lol Might have to box up all of the LOTR/Weta stuff just to display my Star Wars figs.

The size seems intimidating, but basically it's a PF. 18" tall and 10" wide. You look at the phot and it almost seems like a 2' x 2' piece. The only trick for my display is if I have to use my bookcase, that's only like 8" deep, hopefully enough weight will be on the back side of this thing.

Me likey this item. Not really sure if lights would make me like it better or not. I think there's a big chance with lights the thing comes out looking cheap and/or not working or something.

Honestly if I could have just bought the block for $100 I would have been happy. The wall is interesting... but not necessary to me. But, since I don't have a choice I'll be getting the whole shebang.

Well, there might be somebody out there who wants extra walls to go across their display... you never know

The fact is that for $200 this should have included lights. I understand the size comparison some people are making, but it's not an intricately detailed statue, it's a freakin' wall :)

Add to that, that LED lights are cheap. Think about the little keychain LED flashlights that you can get for next to nothing at WalMart or the lights that companies give away with their branding on them at conventions. Even Hasbro put led lights in some of their figures and vehicles (those crappy Power FX figs for anyone who remembers them). Imagine how cool this piece would look with a few lights instead of painted squares. Hell, put in the lights and don't include the batteries, I'll pay for them.

With all due respect to SSC, the reason they play second fiddle to Hot Toys is because Hot Toys WOULD have put lights on this (as they've done with the Powerloader, Batpod, Dallas and Kane, and Iron Man). It's almost as though Hot Toys is committed to a completely different level of quality and SSC can't catch-up. I love SSC's stuff (I collect 5 of their lines), but I'm bummed every time I have to say I wish they did this or I wish they did that. I don't find myself doing that so much with Hot Toys and in this case, I wish for $200, they put lights on the piece.

Sorry about the rant, just hoping SSC takes it up a notch.

I mean, for all intents and purposes, it's a diorama. Yet it's cheaper than most of the dios, and at a larger scale,

That's where I stand at the moment, it is actually a great deal. :chew

Yeah blinky lights would sure be purdy but come on guys get over it. We moaned about this when the specs were announced way back when. Its like a broken record. BESIDES, how often do you seriously have all the little lights on your figures on display?! It aint the be all and end all...
I'm just stoked SS have made a great piece to go with Jabba and co.

Yeah blinky lights would sure be purdy but come on guys get over it. We moaned about this when the specs were announced way back when. Its like a broken record. BESIDES, how often do you seriously have all the little lights on your figures on display?! It aint the be all and end all...
I'm just stoked SS have made a great piece to go with Jabba and co.

That's why the display lights are second, but I actually would probably use an overhead light on the carbonite slab whenever I was in the room, which at the moment is pretty much all the time. An overhead light would be no different than adding LED lights to display shelfs, except if SSC built it in and did it right, it would be in the right spot, angle, intensity, etc. to recreat the triangular way it falls along the slab and make it look right out of the movie.

And if it was HT item it would be $400.

B.S. It's the other-way around.

If Sideshow produced the kind of stuff HT does (at the detail they do) their stuff would be even more. They all but admitted it themselves at SDCC last year when they said that if they did something like the 1:6 Batman Tumbler it "would cost at least $1,000.00".

And look at Hot Toys' T-700 Factory Diormana and tell me it wouldn't be at least $100 if it were a Sideshow item. Hell, as it is it's $50 less than Sideshow's $130 Snake-Eyes Environment. Sorry, that dog ain't hunting.

Not necessarily, probably same price. HT would use plastic, not polystone, the wall'd be hollow.

I do question the realism of the wall if HT had done it. One thing much to Sideshow's credit, their textures, be it brick, dirt, whatever, look quite real scaled down. HT's unproven in this realm, they make people and they make geometric, smooth vehicles, and even though it's an engineering marvel, the Power Loader looks like a toy, much nicer than a Hasbro, but I think an SSC painted/made one would look more like used industrial equipment.

HT Han in Carbonite would have a nice slab with working lights and a decent looking wall with lights.

SSC setup has no lights but all the elements look really nice. I'm glad SSC is making this, but I do wish they'd taken it a step further with the lights, it's not the end all of the piece, just a wishful thought. Still getting it and very excited about that.

I still fail to see why some things have to be solid Polystone instead of just textured.

I still fail to see why some things have to be solid Polystone instead of just textured.

I don't get it either. It doesn't have to feel real, it has to look real. Polystone is great but it's obviously expensive and the piece would cost much less if it were made of something else.

I don't think that way, hope I didn't come off that way in my other post. I was just trying to say based on track record, SSC's items look more like the textures they're supposed to be representing than the few non-people pieces Hot Toys has made. Even their Endo, a great feat of 1/6 engineering, doesn't look like the metal the Endos are made of.

Quoted for truth. :lecture

All of HT items are more exspensive than SS items. So I'm not sure why anyone thinks a HT version wouldn't be more. As far as the Tumblar comments I was there as well and I took it as more as a joke than Brock being serious.

Hmmmm... Thats a strange joke to make.

Contextually however it is clear that his point was production values for Sideshow being a US based company would be far higher than HT if they bumped up the quality to HT standards.

So yeah. Had HT made the carbonite block it would likely have cost about $230 and it would have had lights. If Sideshow had made the same piece to the same level of quality it prolly would have ended up costing closer to $350+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back