Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne seem really barebones too and they are like $150-$170 each.

We need to see the quality of Toht, but I think he's a better deal compared to them, though I agree likeness is not as good.

Harvey Dent and Bruce Wayne seem really barebones too and they are like $150-$170 each.

:huh

I ordered Harvey Dent for $139 and he comes with 2 heads and extra clothes. Tons of value, imho, particularly with the detail it has.

Hot Toys have never offered a Bruce Wayne figure... they just include the Wayne heads extra with the Batman figures.

Prog, that Bruce Wayne is made by Medicom, which is always overpriced.

HAHA! Sorry guys. :) you're of course right that medicom has no chance in this conversation.

He was most definitely being serious, Josh. I even talked to him about it afterward. He was clear that there is no way that Sideshow would be able to making something like that and "only" charge $400-$500 for it.

I'll take your word for it. I agree that an item like that can't really be had for $500 or so. I think HT is losing money on that item.

As far as your notion that "All of HT items are more exspensive than SS items", I assume you're directly comparing things like Hot Toys' $150 Iron Man to Sideshow's $90 German Indy? It's all relative and You Get What You Pay For. Clearly a lot of people feel there may be more value in HT's $140-$160 figures than Sideshow's $70-$120 ones. I know I do.

I'm saying item for item HT are more expensive than SS items. I'm talking about the $$$ that comes out of my wallet. Its not relative. The money I spent for the POTC each figure was more expensive than any SS figure. Not only did it cost me $$ wise but they where not worth the price charged. Now, are the Joker figure I have and Batman figure are worth the $ and value of having them. I feel that way about the Iron Man figures based on what I've seen as well as Dutch, Hellboy, etc. However, I've over the years only gotten a few SS figures where I felt the money and value wasn't worth it.

Gosh Irish, it's the good old Josh!

What exactly does that mean? Other than you trying to be an ass. If you can't add to the discussion by bringing me up please refrain from doing so.

With HT I think you get a good deal on their "special" figures like Predator, Iron Man, etc. But their figures like Billy from Predator, Twoface, Joker, etc are very expensive at $130-$150 when you consider clothing, accessories, etc.

I think with Harvey Dent you get a good deal and the same case with Joker. Figures like the POTC figures I don't think some others like those.

Skimping on the Palpatine hologram base by making it plastic ruined the item for me.

It is plastic and I'm sure folks with issues with it tie it to that, but plastic isn't the reason for it's flaws, which to me and thankfully mine doesn't have it, is that it can't support the weight, which is because of articulation. If the walker were solid plastic pre-posed, it would hold up as fine as a solid metal/polystone one, it's that you need really tight joints and a precise leg arrangement to support the weight of the hologram figure that's the issue.

If this Han piece were all plastic and looked the same, I wouldn't care. Durability, stability and appearance matter most to me, if the production materials aren't relevant to making the right look, I say use the simpler route. When using metal helps a metallic piece look more realistic, I say use it, when paint can get the job done, just paint it, etc.

The very tips of my palpy walker's legs actually bent (which mean they straightened) under the weight. Then again I had it near a lamp so the heat may have played a part...

Anyway, I just thought of an analogy. HT is like Blu Ray movies. For some movies I would gladly pay extra to get the definitive highest quality possible. But for my collection as a whole or for certain characters, having the plain version is good enough.

Medicom's like laser disc, it tries to be like DVDs and Blu Ray, but doesn't quite make it :lol

I would say on some figures HT is like that. Not on all mind you but a lot. Sideshow for me is like that with a lot and some not so much. The thing for me with both is that I'm going to get figures from both that I truly want. In the end I don't give a damn who is #1.

If this Han piece were all plastic and looked the same, I wouldn't care. Durability, stability and appearance matter most to me, if the production materials aren't relevant to making the right look, I say use the simpler route. When using metal helps a metallic piece look more realistic, I say use it, when paint can get the job done, just paint it, etc.

I think this is a great point. Why make it all polystone when plastic would have worked in some parts? The Indy idol pedestal is a perfect example - it looks great, isn't completely polystone and comes with solid metal idol. They used right materials in the right combination to produce an item that's well detailed and at a reasonable price (would have been more reasonable if Belloq was a better figure :monkey3). I think SSC went about the carbonite environment the wrong way by blowing their wad on polystone instead of using a mixed-bag of materials that would have allowed for other details such as lights.

I disagree. the Indy idol pedastal would have looked better all polystone.

I disagree. the Indy idol pedastal would have looked better all polystone.

I don't know about the Indy ped, I don't have many 1/6 figs; but I know I vastly prefer poly. It is VERY evident when ABS is used on PFs (etc) ask anyone who has the Fett PF -- it is "weathered" but very unconvincingly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back