HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a show where the audience is present for major character deaths. Red flag to even the most casual viewer this is a fake out.

Three episodes left to this season. I wish there were more. 10 episodes is too short for a whole year.

EDIT - Since I haven't read the books one thing has bugged me. I've never caught a name for the world this is supposed to take place. The continents are Westeros and Essos but is there a name for the world?

Last edited:
The fact that Tywin Lannister and Arya Stark don't meet at Harrenhal in the book really surprises me, because the scenes between Arya and Tywin are so good. I like the interaction between the two, and Charles Dance is such a good actor.

I think Theon will pay the Iron Price for his actions.

Yes. You live by the code you choose.

I loved the scene where Tyrion and Cersei are talking - "It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head". Tyrion says at least her other children turned out decent. You almost sympathize for Cersei for a moment. Tyrion clearly thinks about giving her a hug but just can't bring himself to do it.

Fantastic scene. And Cersei looks up at the last moment and realizes how much she inadvertantly opened herself up to Tyrion and how close to her he came.

And Jaime Lannister is way too dangerous to only have only one sentry guarding him. What they should have done to begin with (and now to appease the father of the man Jaime killed- I can't remember his name) is to mitigate his dangerousness by cutting off his sword hand...and I hope that's what Catlyn Stark was getting at when she requested the sword from Brienne.

And a +1 for mentioning Ser Berristan Selmy; I was wondering if he was to have a further part to play in the game of thrones. I hope to see him again and to witness his artistry; they only question is whose side will he fight for?

Sadly in the book Cersei never actually admits that Joffrey is ____ed up.

I'm sad though they left out the scene where Tyrion and Cersei were laughing about how Stannis killed Renly.

Sadly in the book Cersei never actually admits that Joffrey is ____ed up.

I'm sad though they left out the scene where Tyrion and Cersei were laughing about how Stannis killed Renly.

Yes, that was a good point Cersei brought up; that while the Targaryens wed brother and sister to keep their bloodlines pure, the inbreeding resulted in madness in some cases.

I'll take your word for it, but the Tyrion laughing about Renly's death seems "off" to me, based on how Tyrion has been portrayed in the series thus far.

It was the only moment where he hasn't hated his sister, so it kind of meant a lot.

Plus it made a point of how they thought it was ridiculous for their enemies to be fighting each other.

I don't remember Tyrion laughing about Renly's death in the books. Tho I'll admit it's been years since I read them.

I really enjoyed every scene with Sansa. Every week, I feel more sorry for her. Poor girl. I'm glad to see Shae take care of her tho I do question her motives for doing so. In King's Landing, I trust no one.

The little chat between Cersei and Tyrion was touching. Tho I giggled at the awkwardness at the end. You could tell Tyrion wanted to hug her but was afraid to do so.

Dany's story is getting a lot more interesting.
I don't remember there was a coup in Qarth and that Xolo crowned himself king in the books.
Very interesting turn of events. I'm curious to see what'll happen next.

The same goes with the Tywin/Arya story. I'm really curious to see where this will be going.
Tywin knows Arya isn't a normal commoner. Makes me wonder if Littlefinger told him her real identity.

BTW Jon, you deserve the Dumb*beep* Award. I'm seriously baffled as to WHY he is keeping Ygritte alive or why they were wandering around the mountains. Your brothers told you to kill the wildling, not take her out for a walk. Idiot.....

Also, I really wanted to punch the screen so hard when she said 'You know nothing, Jon Snow'. I've always loathed that line in the books so hearing it said out loud was just ugh.

BTW Jon, you deserve the Dumb*beep* Award. I'm seriously baffled as to WHY he is keeping Ygritte alive or why they were wandering around the mountains. Your brothers told you to kill the wildling, not take her out for a walk. Idiot.....

Was Jon Snow this big of a ____ up in the books? It seems like all he does is stumble into getting captured. He's the one character I don't give two ____s about on this show.

That is funny because Jon Snow is one of the most badass characters in the book. Not badass like the Hound but just badass in his own way.

(TV Version) Jon Snow's biggest problem is he's naive and doesn't know it. Left as is his lack of wisdom will get other people killed at some point. Clearly Ygritte is going to become a catalyst for him to grow up.

Excuse me while I dismiss the man who could best identify the Stark boys so I can turn up later with the unrecognizably charred bodies of two critical characters who apparently died off screen. Is Theon that desperate to be taken seriously? Or is he just stupid? Or both? Hope he gets what he deserves.

You can't fool me that easily. If they really killed and burned the Stark heir and spare without putting that drama and tension on the screen, I will lose all respect for the show. Starks die in front of a camera or not at all--if you want to trick me, bring out Osha and Hodor to at least make it seem plausible. (By the way, thanks for establishing that the farmer had kids to really fill in the blanks for me.) That was a weak cliffhanger because it was so transparent.

All of that is exactly how it happened in the book, I believe the corresponding chapter ended with the reveal of the charred bodies just like the episode.
One of the things I admire about Martin's writing is how he is not afraid to completely ____ with his reader.

Was Jon Snow this big of a ____ up in the books? It seems like all he does is stumble into getting captured. He's the one character I don't give two ____s about on this show.

Jon's story is different in the book. He goes to kill the girl and then decides to let her go. All of the prisoner, sleep over, dry humping, getting captured never happened.

Well...
Jon does "join up" with the wildlings after he kills his commander. The reason they let him join is because the girl shows back up and sticks up for him.

Back