HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one thing I've always thought reading the books. She goes through all these places that are awesome (like Qarth) I think if she were to get the throne she would be severely disappointed, Kings Landing kind of sucks.

That's one thing I've always thought reading the books. She goes through all these places that are awesome (like Qarth) I think if she were to get the throne she would be severely disappointed, Kings Landing kind of sucks.

It'll suck even more if she uses her Dragons to napalm the place trying to secure the throne.

Maybe it's not a huge plot point, but a minor issue's been bugging me since Season 1...while Robert was out hunting and Ned was ruling in his stead, after renouncing Gregor Clegane's knighthood, Ned appointed a Ser Beric Dundarrion (spelling?) to bring the Mountain to justice...which he obviously did not.

So are we to assume Ser Beric failed and was killed (I believe Ned told him to take 100 men with him)? Or did he simply put aside the mission after everything went to _____ and Ned was made prisoner? Does he yet have a part to play?

Maybe it's not a huge plot point, but a minor issue's been bugging me since Season 1...while Robert was out hunting and Ned was ruling in his stead, after renouncing Gregor Clegane's knighthood, Ned appointed a Ser Beric Dundarrion (spelling?) to bring the Mountain to justice...which he obviously did not.

So are we to assume Ser Beric failed and was killed (I believe Ned told him to take 100 men with him)? Or did he simply put aside the mission after everything went to _____ and Ned was made prisoner? Does he yet have a part to play?

Assuming they go by the books you'll know what happened with that in season 3. GRRM is never in a rush to explain himself :lol

Original Gregor Clegane (Conan Stevens)
971950f94fb0302697f721421fa6ee73b3261628.jpg

Recast Gregor Clegane (Ian Whyte)
tumblr_m400ahf9g91qgld4m.png

Thanks for this - I had no idea it was supposed to be the same person.

Actually I think Dany in the book and the show are pretty much the same. I never understood in the books either why she feels like she deserves the throne. If anything TV Dany is a bit more reasonable and realizes that it's unlikely that people will flock to her banner when she returns to Westeros.

They had Ian Whyte wear a helmet in the scene at Harrenhal where Tywin takes Arya as his servant. I didn't realize the role had been recast until the scene this last week.

Mountain2.jpg

I didn't even remember this character from the last season, much less realize that he had been recast. He doesn't come across as anything more than a background lackey.

I didn't even remember this character from the last season, much less realize that he had been recast. He doesn't come across as anything more than a background lackey.

If I recall, he is of some importance in the future, hence why they recast as opposed to getting rid of the character altogether. And he's the Hound's brother! I wonder what (if anything) is going to happen between them as the series goes on.

Damn this ____ is addicting. Just started yesterday and blasted through the first season today. It seems I'll be catching up tomorrow.

Tyrion has been my favorite so far. Hope he doesn't die... every episode gets me nervous now.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....This season has made me HATE Theon. I hope Rob comes and chops off his head VERY soon :lol
Nah, this guy needs to be in charge. If anyone overthrows Joffrey, I hope it's Theon. Ideally, they can rule together, and kill all those pesky Starks, etc. :1-1:

I didn't realize that bearded guy was the Dog's brother, either. The Dog is awesome.

Back