HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a tough one to call considering it's based on a series of ongoing novels. I'm sure it'll end before the books do.

I hope they can find a way to consolidate some the storylines and tighten the plot up because I am definitely not looking forward to the possibility of an even more dispersed and scattered narrative.

That comment did not need to be in spoiler tags. It was a reply to a post about hating characters in Season 1. His reply to the other posts only said if you hated them in Season 1, you'll hate them in Season 2.

Please put down your spoiler police hat and READ posts before you jump in and attempt to give someone a spoiler ticket.

Ah, you're right. I did indeed read the post, but misunderstood the part about them only seeing Season 1 thus far. The reason I'm so pro-spoiler tags is because I've had other stuff ruined for me before, so I'm hesitant to even open this thread. I like the show so much though, so it's hard for me to not want to come and converse about it. I do, however, think that "use spoilers" needs to be added to the original title.

Ok, considering this is an HBO show, will next season be the last season or will we get 4 seasons?

I seriously doubt we get more than 4 seasons...HBO is notorious for ending shows early before the story is told.

I'm pretty sure we'll get at least 5 seasons. Book 3 is the best out of the series and is going to be making season 3 and 4, so I think season 5 would be ordered based off that success but it's possible it might lose people after that which would make a question of whether we would get season 6.

If they don't get enough viewers then a show gets canceled. The concern is whether the show can hold the audience for the 8+ seasons this would go since HBO shows rarely go that long.

I have read that Rome was planned for approx 5 seasons. It was going to tell the story up until Jesus came. I would have loved to see it on for 3 more seasons.

Deadwood was suppose to be 4 seasons and was cut 1 season short with no real closure to anything. :(

Carnival was also cut short. Interesting show that did not have a lot of fans.

I will be very sad if Game of Thrones does not work out.

HBO did hit huge home runs with Sopranos and The Wire though. The Wire is the most perfect show from beginning to end!

Yo, just started watching this! So far so good. I'm in episode 4 of season 1. Got love the gratuitous sex scenes too. I'll catch to you guys soon.

While this season hasn't been as good as the first season, it's still pretty damn good, and is my favorite thing on TV (cable) right now. I find myself looking forward to Sunday nights (at least for the next two weeks).

Those of you that think this season is dragging on probably also thought the survivors in The Walking Dead spent too much time at the farm, right?

While this season hasn't been as good as the first season, it's still pretty damn good, and is my favorite thing on TV (cable) right now. I find myself looking forward to Sunday nights (at least for the next two weeks).

Those of you that think this season is dragging on probably also thought the survivors in The Walking Dead spent too much time at the farm, right?

Never saw that show but thanks for stopping by.

They did spend too damn much time on that farm. My favorite film is 2001: A Space Odyssey, so it's most certainly not an issue of ADD with me. I don't mind a slow burn as long as it's compelling, but watching Rob Stak hanging around in his tent or Danerys wander aimlessly in Qarth for an entire season isn't particularly compelling imo.

Having said that, I agree the show is still damn good despite the pacing issues.

I cant wait for season 3... I mean season 2 is been much better than the first IMO, but dang season 3 will be awesome... Dragons... beyond the wall armies... and who knows what else.
Also looking forward to the next season of "The River" and "Walking Dead". I do agree that they spent a lot of time in the farm fixing personal issues rather than more of a "survival" scary stuff type of adventure. All of these 3 series got a lot of potential for expansion. Just like Rome had.. too bad was too expensive.

Back