HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why they didn't make a bigger deal about Renly's armor riding in. For the people who haven't read the books did you even pick up on it?

I haven't read the second book yet, but I did notice that Ser Loras had antlers on his helmet, and I mentioned this in a previous post. I thought that he adopted those in honor of Renly...but if that was actually Renly's armor he was wearing, that's prett cool.

I'd like to see a scene where the Knight of the Flowers demonstrates his prowess with a blade in battle.

For those that want to know how it goes in the book,
Stannis' army starts to flee at seeing Renly ride into battle, remember a lot of Stannis' army came from Renly's army after he was killed, so they think it is a ghost. It was later revealed that Ser Loras Tyrell's brother , Ser Garlan, was wearing the armor, but it appears that they changed that in the TV series to make Loras the wearer of the armor. They Tyrell family becomes more prominent after they join up with the Lannisters.

Great episode! The only confusing part for me was the attack on Tyrion. I didn't realize it was Ser Mandon Moore. I read the books, so I was aware of the betrayal, but it didn't register on me at first. I did see Tyrion smile at him in recognition before the knight tried to kill him. It's just too bad more screen time wasn't devoted to developing Moore as the attack would have made a bigger impact. Considering the amount of episodes and the vast storyline they need to cover, things like this are bound to happen.

Great episode! The only confusing part for me was the attack on Tyrion. I didn't realize it was Ser Mandon Moore. I read the books, so I was aware of the betrayal, but it didn't register on me at first. I did see Tyrion smile at him in recognition before the knight tried to kill him. It's just too bad more screen time wasn't devoted to developing Moore as the attack would have made a bigger impact. Considering the amount of episodes and the vast storyline they need to cover, things like this are bound to happen.

Well, in the books it's pretty abrupt and not dealt with at all either. It just comes out of the blue as it did in the episode.

I'm not saying that they should cancel Thrones because Season2 was dragging. I just hope the producers realize they're dragging so they can get their act together by the time Season 3 rolls around. The tension that this past episode created is most welcome. It's just the type we all craved and applauded for back in Season 1. Let's just hope the next episode will be of the same stuff . . .

Last edited:
Every now and then a film or series manages to show me something I'd never seen before. A sea engulfed by copper flame fits that bill. Huzzah!

Interesting tidbit - the episode was directed by Neil Marshall, who also did Dog Soldiers and the Descent.

As for the Lannisters, I thought everyone hated the Lannisters, including the Lannisters. I'm pretty sure they tolerate each other only because their untied strength is keeping the rest of the civilized world from tearing them to pieces.

Marshall is one of my favorite genre directors right now. Doomsday is a guilty pleasure and a great homage to John Carpenter while Centurion was just a phenomenal film all around. And Liam Cunningham (Davos) has worked with Marshall several times now. Marshall brought his style to this episode that's for sure and really left his mark. I hope they bring him back for future episodes featuring important battles.

Obviously not official merchandise, but today's shirt at Teefury:

2u6mro8.jpg

https://www.teefury.com/

Tonight's the night. Can't wait...but also disappointed that after tonight, we'll have to wait another year.

I liked the finale, but I was really disappointed by the Temple of the Undying. It served a purpose in the book (she hears some foretellings about her) and they didn't actually do anything in the show.

All in all a solid finale though not as exciting as last week's episode it still had some really interesting plot points and some nice build up for what is to come next season (book 3). I absolutely loved the scenes with Tyrion and Shae, Arya and Jaqen and Luwin and Theon. Great scenes all. And the final scene with the White Walkers--pure awesome!

After last week's almost hour long battle I expected a low key finale, but there were lots of great scenes. Tyrion and Shae, Danerys and Zorrowhatshisface, Arya and facechangeyguy, Theon's big speech and his men's response, and of course the White Walkers. Very satisfying.

And now, the long wait... :monkey2

Back