HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah at the end of season 1 I was like WTF... but the show continues to be good without the character we're talking about. Although they were my favorite when they were on the show.

Why the heck wasn't this released the first time around?

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Game-Thrones-Complete-Blu-ray-Collectors/dp/B008K8X0IS/ref=sr_1_109?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1349295669&sr=1-109[/ame]

szddns.jpg

3166dco.jpg

I love the quadtych of the four houses that were prominently featured in Season 1, as well as the dragon egg paperweight.

Was it? This is the first I've seen of it, and Amazon says it will be released in November.

Maybe you're right, and this is a re-release minus the George Bush head on a stake, footage.

If so, my bad.

I think Diana Rigg is a perfect choice for Olenna Tyrell.

Not so happy about Thomas Brodie-Sangster being cast. I can't stand that guy really.

So they re-cast Ser Beric Dundarrion? I know he appeared only once in the first season, and in a SMALL speaking part, but I'm one of those that prefers continuity. Still a little disappointed that the Mountain was re-cast last season.

I feel the same way. Honestly I don't even remember Beric Dundarrion, but I'm upset that he was recast! Haha. :lol

This dude? Whose only line in the entire series so far has been something like "Yes, my lord"?

250px-Beric_Dondarrion.png

Last edited:
Can't see the picture, only a red "X".

Yes, he only had one line or so in the first season.

I purposely have held off on reading each book until the corresponding season has finished, because I like watching the series "fresh" with no preconceived notions. That was one of the high points of season one for me, when Ned Stark, wounded from his fight with Jaime Lannister and using a cane, stood up in the throne room and denounced Ser Gregor Clegane and stripped him of all his titles, and gave Ser Beric Dundarrion the mission of bringing Clegane to justice. I was like "Yes! That was bad ass of Ned Stark!".

Then we never heard anymore of the matter.

I posed the question on this thread "So did Ser Beric fail in his mission? Was he killed?" and someone responded he shows up later.

Though he might have had only one line in the first season, the creators (having read all the books already...I hope) should have known that he appears in later seasons, and should have cast someone they knew they wanted to keep, not some guy as a placeholder for one scene in the first season.

Now if he had to be re-cast due to some issue with the original actor (i.e. scheduling issues with previous engagements by the original actor) that's understandable, of course, but for the most part, I don't like seeing actors re-cast.

Something like re-casting Dumbledore in the Harry Potter due to the death of Richard Harris is understandable. But again, I like continuity. Part of my OCD I guess. I know **** happens, and there are a lot of business decisions to be made, but still.

I like Don Cheadle, he's a great actor in everything he's been in (his role as Snoop in Out of Sight is one of my favorite characters), but Terrance Howard is still Rhodey to me in the Iron Man films.

And don't get me started on Eric Bana/Edward Norton/Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk.

Something like re-casting Dumbledore in the Harry Potter due to the death of Richard Harris is understandable. But again, I like continuity. Part of my OCD I guess. I know **** happens, and there are a lot of business decisions to be made, but still.

I like Don Cheadle, he's a great actor in everything he's been in (his role as Snoop in Out of Sight is one of my favorite characters), but Terrance Howard is still Rhodey to me in the Iron Man films.

And don't get me started on Eric Bana/Edward Norton/Mark Ruffalo as the Hulk.

The James Bond movies must be a serious headache for you :rotfl

If they recast Tyrion, Arya, Cersei, Jaime or Jon Snow (let's throw Sam in there as well) I'd have a tough time with it.

Beric Dondarrion's "blink and you missed it" appearance? I'm pretty sure I can deal with that.

Back