HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funnily enough, I don't have a problem with James Bond at all.

As for as Beric Dundarrion, I think you guys are making it a bigger issue than it is to me...or maybe I gave the wrong impression. I'd prefer that continuity is maintained. It's as simple as that. It's not like I'm giving up on the series, or walking in a circle five times before counting all the keys on my keyboard ten times before I type a response. My OCD isn't that bad. :lol

With a cast as big as Game of Thrones, it would be nice if there was some acknowledgement at the beginning of an episode that a character has been replaced with another actor.

Even though Clegane didn't have a LOT of screentime in season 1, the screentime that he did have was pretty noteable, especially the jousting tourney, so I was definitely distracted initially by the new actor.

Even though Clegane didn't have a LOT of screentime in season 1, the screentime that he did have was pretty noteable, especially the jousting tourney, so I was definitely distracted initially by the new actor.

That one I have to agree with, poor casting there swapping a tall beefy guy with a round face and a pro wrestler physique for a tall slenderish guy with a narrow face.

That was jarring not only because of the difference in terms of appearance, but because the first actor fit the book description well for the people that have read the books (He's "the mountain that rides" not "the beanpole that rides") where as the replacement actor simply doesn't.

That one I have to agree with, poor casting there swapping a tall beefy guy with a round face and a pro wrestler physique for a tall slenderish guy with a narrow face.

That was jarring not only because of the difference in terms of appearance, but because the first actor fit the book description well for the people that have read the books (He's "the mountain that rides" not "the beanpole that rides") where as the replacement actor simply doesn't.

I couldn't remember what the actor who played "The Mountain" looked like in Season 1, but the actor in Season 2 did look too small for the role. Not really that intimidating, he just looked like a fairly tall guy, at least next to Tywin, not like a man who's shear size would send the enemy running before him.

Ian Whyte plays The Mountain now. He played the main predators in Alien versus Predator and Alien versus Predator: Requiem and played the engineer in Prometheus. He's 7'1".

tumblr_m400ahf9g91qgld4m.png

And here's the original guy that I know nothing about :lol:

gregor-clegane-1024.jpg

The actor who first played him is definitely more intimidating.

Ian Whyte plays The Mountain now. He played the main predators in Alien versus Predator and Alien versus Predator: Requiem and played the engineer in Prometheus. He's 7'1".

tumblr_m400ahf9g91qgld4m.png

And here's the original guy that I know nothing about :lol:

gregor-clegane-1024.jpg

The actor who first played him is definitely more intimidating.

Didnt realize he was that tall (Season 2 actor)...

But I have to say, I'm a fairly big guy (6'4") and I would think twice before even coming too close to the Season 1 actor. He just oozes Mean.

Conan Stevens played Gregor in season 1:

tumblr_m2ybx38Mum1rtnmjao1_1280.jpg

That's him on the left.

Stevens in his first career (pro wrestling in Australia):

01.jpg

Ian Whyte took over for season 2:

MV5BNTIxNzIwOTAyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTY5ODc5Nw@@._V1._SX450_SY744_.jpg

Whyte in his first career (pro basketball in the UK):

0007166A-328E-1249-A11380C328EC0000.jpg

For a show that in general has kept their casting choices in the great to brilliant range, this one was a misstep. Slapping a beard on Whyte just doesn't make him look even remotely like Stevens, who was prominent in season 1. Too jarring a transition.

Plus I don't think Whyte's Clegane gives off the vibe of barely contained (or uncontained) rage that Stevens' original portrayal did.

Last edited:
I agree. I really like Ian Whyte, but the original actor was better for me personally as Gregor Clegane. Unfortunately the original actor turned down the role in Season 2 due to scheduling conflicts.

The poster for this season is pretty lame. Anyone who has read book 3 could probably think of a dozen better ideas. Oh well, still can't wait.

I know they cant follow the books exactly, but I hope they stay a bit more true to the caracters in this season.

Last Season they made Jon Snow look like an idiot and had Little Finger saying and doing things his novel counterpart never would have.

Dont get me wrong, I still loved the show, but there were parts here and there that really bothered me. Anybody who read the books will know what I am talking about.

I know they cant follow the books exactly, but I hope they stay a bit more true to the caracters in this season.

Last Season they made Jon Snow look like an idiot and had Little Finger saying and doing things his novel counterpart never would have.

Dont get me wrong, I still loved the show, but there were parts here and there that really bothered me. Anybody who read the books will know what I am talking about.

:exactly: Pretty much all of Qarth after the Garden of Bones.

:exactly: Pretty much all of Qarth after the Garden of Bones.

Yeah, the Qarth segments bore very little resemblance to anything in the books. I have a feeling they will diverge further and further from the books the deeper into the story they go.

I cant even imagine how they will handle book 4 wthout combining it with book 3.

Yeah, the Qarth segments bore very little resemblance to anything in the books. I have a feeling they will diverge further and further from the books the deeper into the story they go.

I cant even imagine how they will handle book 4 wthout combining it with book 3.

I know they are re-combining Books 4 and 5, and that will begin with the ending of Season 4. I imagine Book 3 will end about 6 or 7 episodes into Season 4.

I know they are re-combining Books 4 and 5, and that will begin with the ending of Season 4. I imagine Book 3 will end about 6 or 7 episodes into Season 4.

Probably no other way of doing it without losing 85% of their viewership.

I read all the books so fast and one right after another that I still have trouble remembering what events happened in which book, although that is not a problem with book 4. Would the reason why be considered a spoiler?

Last edited:
Back