HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm re-watching season 2. So much happens it's easy to forget details.

I haven't read the books, so I can only guess at where the story is going with Dani and her dragons but I imagine...

(I'm using spoilers but it's really my own wild @ss guess)
she will ultimately wind up at King's Landing with her "children" to humble the Lanisters. Or so I hope. I'd love to see her go into full Dragon-Rider mode.

I wonder how her invulnerability to fire will hold up against Wildfire?

I haven't read the books, so I can only guess at where the story is going with Dani and her dragons but I imagine...

she will ultimately wind up at King's Landing with her "children" to humble the Lanisters. Or so I hope. I'd love to see her go into full Dragon-Rider mode.

LOL, Since when did pulling stuff out of your @$$ require Spoiler Tags?

Supposedly it will be around Episode 9, I think they'll also have the stuff with Dany finally being awesome in this season as well. And then Season 4 would be the death of Joffrey and the death of Tywin.

Honestly, I could see "The Red Wedding" being Season 3's climax in Episode 9, similar to the climax of Season 2 which was Episode 9, "Blackwater." That could leave Joffrey's death as the finale with still plenty of story left to get us a few episodes into Season 4 before starting the next book.

Honestly, I could see "The Red Wedding" being Season 3's climax in Episode 9, similar to the climax of Season 2 which was Episode 9, "Blackwater." That could leave Joffrey's death as the finale with still plenty of story left to get us a few episodes into Season 4 before starting the next book.

Major Season 3 and 4 spoilers
If you read the episode titles, episode 9 is definitely going to be the Red Wedding. Episode 10 will probably be Danny's dragons destroying the city. I figure they will give her something good for the final episode. I am also guessing they will wait until Season 4, maybe mid season to kill Joffrey and then kill Tywin in the finale.

Major Season 3 and 4 spoilers
If you read the episode titles, episode 9 is definitely going to be the Red Wedding. Episode 10 will probably be Danny's dragons destroying the city. I figure they will give her something good for the final episode. I am also guessing they will wait until Season 4, maybe mid season to kill Joffrey and then kill Tywin in the finale.

Ahhh, thanks. I did not know they'd revealed the episode titles already! I was kind of hoping they'd dispose of Joffrey sooner rather than later. I cannot wait for him to be forever absent from the show. Just wishful thinking, I suppose!

LOL, Since when did pulling stuff out of your @$$ require Spoiler Tags?

Yeah everyone knows that the series ends with Daenerys coming over and saving everyone from the white walkers, thus, making her queen. A song of FIRE and ICE, duh. Or I guess it could be her versus Jon Snow if it's not literal.

No spoiler tags needed.

Ahhh, thanks. I did not know they'd revealed the episode titles already! I was kind of hoping they'd dispose of Joffrey sooner rather than later. I cannot wait for him to be forever absent from the show. Just wishful thinking, I suppose!

Haha ya I am with you. That should be an amazing scene and one I will be cheering for.

Likely, but considering the books haven't even gotten that far, who knows at this point :dunno

Yeah, I know how you feel. I was stupid enough to read comments on Youtube after watching some GoT related video a few months ago. :slap

Its hard to avoid spoilers on something based on something else that has been around for decades. Its nice that Walking Dead deviates from the comics so there is less likely a chance things can get spoiled by the comic readers. Though staying close to the source like GoT is isn't a bad thing, quite the opposite IMO.

Haven't finished the second season yet (just figured out HBOGo), I've got three more before catching up (will have no problem before season 3 hits), but so far I've been really impressed how close they are keeping with the books and juggling so many characters. Peter Dinklage continues to be the best on the show. Tyrion is such a rich, deep character and he plays him wonderfully. My favorite character in the book and by far my favorite on the show.

I'm surprised how much I'm liking Tywin Lannister though. Hated him in the books (as you were supposed to), but his scenes with Arya have been great.

Its hard to avoid spoilers on something based on something else that has been around for decades. Its nice that Walking Dead deviates from the comics so there is less likely a chance things can get spoiled by the comic readers. Though staying close to the source like GoT is isn't a bad thing, quite the opposite IMO.

Agreed. The books are well known and most have been out for a long while. Any discussion of the GoT show online is going to draw two types of viewers, those familiar with the books and those coming into the show fresh. Spoilers are just a hazard of that environment. The only way to guarantee complete avoidance is to not participate in any GoT online stuff.

And I concur with the point about Tywin Lannister, although to be fair, in the books we mostly only see Tywin within the viewpoint chapters of his offspring, and they all have various axes to grind related to their relationship with their father. The series scripts, and Charles Dance's portrayal do add more depth to Tywin. I wouldn't personally go so far as "like", but he comes across as more relatable/understandable in the series.

That's true I guess. In the books he seems like a total ****, but like you said, its mainly from his children's perspectives. None of them really lived up to his expectations.

I'm torn whether he knows who Ayra really is. I'd like to think he does, but I would have thought he'd keep a closer eye on her when he leaves ( Just finished episode 8, so just 2 more to go). Just some of he questions he's thrown at her makes me think he knows. Pretty sure Little Finger recognized her too.

Its rather brilliant storytelling when the two most likeable characters in this series are dwarf and a little girl :rock

I'm torn whether he knows who Ayra really is. I'd like to think he does, but I would have thought he'd keep a closer eye on her when he leaves ( Just finished episode 8, so just 2 more to go). Just some of he questions he's thrown at her makes me think he knows. Pretty sure Little Finger recognized her too.

I don't think so. She's too much of a bargaining chip with Jaime still being held captive by the Starks for Tywin not to have seized her immediately if he knew. I think he suspects she's the daughter of a minor Northern noble or knight. Baelish could have just been in "talent scout" mode for his "business interests", and his attempts to get a good look just included to raise tension in the scene. Again if he figured it out, I believe concrete action would have ensued.

Its rather brilliant storytelling when the two most likeable characters in this series are dwarf and a little girl :rock

I'd be concerned about picket lines outside your door. I think you just implied that little persons and girls are somehow inherently unlikable.Pretty sure that wasn't the actual intent ;)

I don't think so. She's too much of a bargaining chip with Jaime still being held captive by the Starks for Tywin not to have seized her immediately if he knew. I think he suspects she's the daughter of a minor Northern noble or knight. Baelish could have just been in "talent scout" mode for his "business interests", and his attempts to get a good look just included to raise tension in the scene. Again if he figured it out, I believe concrete action would have ensued.

I'd be concerned about picket lines outside your door. I think you just implied that little persons and girls are somehow inherently unlikable.Pretty sure that wasn't the actual intent ;)

The actress that plays Arya is actually 19 years old, you'd never guess it from her appearance.

Back