HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, Robb - good, I thought it was Harranhall. Even though, the courtyard seemed small, and something about the look just didn't feel right.

Yea, Karstark is possible - Bolton getting his 'they'll pay' speech was a nice moment too. It will be interesting to see when Theon gets back in the mix, and if we'll see much of the Greyjoy stuff this season. Seems like most of that was in the back half of the book, but it's a guess as to when we'll see that family popping up again.

I finally found a Game of Thrones thread on this huge message board!
I kept checking the "Middle Earth" section figuring it might have been lumped in there. I didn't think to check the TV & Movie section. Duh!

Anyway, I love this show but merchandise is severally lacking. Does any company have the rights to produce figures from this series?

There are statues of Tyrion and Snow Snow with Ghost, as well as a Dany bust with a dragon on her shoulder, and a couple of Iron Throne replicas and some direwolf bookends.... and in the series 2 box-set there's a look at a couple of helmets of the hound and Loras.

Just pop over to the HBO store to see.

Yea, Karstark is possible - Bolton getting his 'they'll pay' speech was a nice moment too. It will be interesting to see when Theon gets back in the mix, and if we'll see much of the Greyjoy stuff this season. Seems like most of that was in the back half of the book, but it's a guess as to when we'll see that family popping up again.

It's Karstark; if you watch season 2 over again, Jaime Lannister kills his son Torrhen and Karstark demands vengeance.

So glad this show is back on. What an amazing premiere. The CGI used for that giant and Daenerys' dragons was practically flawless. Better than CGI in a lot of movies actually.

I must have missed something, but what exactly happened at Harrenhal? Why were a bunch of dead "northerners" there?

I guess what we heard in the intro was the White Walkers attacking the wall? Shame we couldn't actually see that. Would have been incredible.

The dead at Harrenhal was a small group of Northerners that the Lanisters left dead when they abandoned the castle, remember the Lanisters had control of Harrenhal last season. The sound of battle against the White Walkers at the beginning was them fighting at the Fist of the First Men, way far north of the Wall. They were then mad that Sam didn't send the ravens to warn them at the Wall that the White Walkers were coming so they need to get back down there in time to warn them.

Ah, alright. I know Tywin and his army were at Harrenhal in season 2, but I don't remember seeing all of those northerners. Just the small group of slaves that Arya was with.

Okay and so the White Walker battle was at the Fist of the First Men, which was that mountain/hill where they found the obsidian (or whatever) spearheads?

Just started watching season 2 again, need to refresh my memory.

It was interesting they still feature Winterfell in the opening (even if it's now a smoking ruin). I wasn't expecting to see any of the characters in Winterfell this season.

Great start to the series, Dragons are coming on well best CGI Dragons ive ever seen. Didnt expect to see a giant so soon, been ages since i read the book, was expecting a big scene with them later on

Better effects and production values than most films. I always wish for more episodes in a season (could we have 12 or 13 please?) but what they do is always top notch.

If it's exposition for the sake of filler, I can see why someone would have an issue. But if it's exposition to set the stage for things to come, or to provide more back story, then more power to the show creators.

Martin's world is so rich and well fleshed out in history. Had I not watched / listened to the Histories and Lore special features on each season's Blu-Ray, I would have missed out on a lot of things, such as the fact that Tywin Lannister was Aerys Targaryen's Hand and choosing Jaime Lannister for the Kingsguard was essentially an "eff you" to Tywin Lannister.

Soooo was it just an April Fools Day joke that Peter Dinklage is not coming back to GoT for season 4?

Back