HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it's exposition for the sake of filler, I can see why someone would have an issue. But if it's exposition to set the stage for things to come, or to provide more back story, then more power to the show creators.

Martin's world is so rich and well fleshed out in history. Had I not watched / listened to the Histories and Lore special features on each season's Blu-Ray, I would have missed out on a lot of things, such as the fact that Tywin Lannister was Aerys Targaryen's Hand and choosing Jaime Lannister for the Kingsguard was essentially an "eff you" to Tywin Lannister.

I've just started listening to the Audio Books at work. It's been really good, I was going to skip the 1st book but so glad I didn't because its been awesome :rock

I was stuck in traffic for 4 hours today. That saved me being able to listen to that

Oona Chaplin does it for me :monkey3

oona-chaplin.jpg

I'm almost done with Season 2, and, suddenly, I think LeJuan might be the smartest guy in here.:lol:naughty

I just finished up Season 2 and, suddenly, I feel very sad that I don't have cable. Friggin' white walkers, man; can't believe I'm this late to the party.

Cool Hi-Res scans! What site are they from? I think my computer is due for a new wallpaper.

Good ep. tonight!

But, I'm having trouble remembering the ending of the Theon story from last season. Who is he being held captive by?

You aren't really supposed to know yet.

Also it is interesting they are showing him now. It made sense because the books don't do that until WAY later but they couldn't have written him out of the next couple seasons.

I wont go into details because I dont want to spoil anything for those who did not read the series, but the show is really diverging from the books. Not sure how I feel about that, will have to see how they tie things together in the future. Just having Theon around right now takes away a surprise later. There is part of me that wishes I had not read the books so I could enjoy the series more and not constantly be thinking about what is different.

I have a feeling that many changes (Not Theon) have to do with budgetary restrictions, but then again, there are alot of changes that really have me scratching my head as to why they bothered. I notice that they seem to play around with where and when they introduce new characters.

I think it's more that they want the main characters in the season, Theon wouldn't be seen again for a really long time if they did it like the books. Or like for instance, Robb would have been pretty much absent from Season 2

On season 2 episode 5 and I wish someone would murder king Joefrey or however you spell it and his ***** of a mother in a very brutal fashion. I hope Rob stark kicks that little **** off the thrown.

I haven't read the books, but from last night's episode I think Margerie is up to something, afterall she wants to be QUEEN (minus the king!) :lol

Yup, looks like another King will go down in a hunting accident.

Wonder if The Hound got the same speech from Green Arrow. :lol

Margaery is awesome. She's one of my favorites now. I loved the scene with her Grandma and Sansa.

Back