HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it supposed to be Roose Bolton, i dont know why they skipped showing all those about who burnt Winterfell, in the books it isnt kept as a mystery,also there are other variations from the book
Haven't read Book 3 yet, but an educated guess:

I think he's being held by Roose Bolton's bastard. Remember at the end of season 2, Bolton said that his bastard was nearby and can handle affiars at Winterfell.

Also, the scenes with Theon on the rack are reminiscent of the Bolton's Flayed Man sigil.

I wonder however if Roose Bolton is involved himself, or if this is the actions of his bastard (don't know the name) alone?

For those in the know, feel free to confirm or debunk, but as always, please no real SPOILERS!

He and Jon should both be 16, Robb was conceived just before Ned left for battle, Jon came shortly afterwards and the books start 15 years after that war ended. So Robb is 16, Dany should be 15, I think Sansa is supposed to be like 13 or 14, Bran is like 10 and Arya 9

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE READ AT LEAST BOOK 3

Hmmm, I think we are both close

https://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Robb_Stark

I think he was crowned at 15 and died at 16.

I think by the end of book 5 there's only like 1 year that's passed too so things are going to get weird maybe

Close. Years 298-300 AL.

As far as the ages go they could have started them off older for the time sake but the ages of the kids have been a complant from fans for years. Some of the things they say and think just don't add up to the age. Even GGRM has admitted writing kids is the hardest for him as he has none. Im glad Robb is the age he is. Even in the books I imagined him older. Same for Jon Snow.

Im quite curious what they're going to do for book 4. If I were them I mix chapters from both book 4 and 5 into 2 seasons. It was supposed to be one book anyway. Besides I don't think HBO would want to piss off fans with a whole season without Tyrion and Jon Snow. Besides that I think it would make for a more interesting season. Book 4....isn't what you would call a fan favorite. :lol

edit: Almost forgot, Dany isn't in book 4 either. :lol Yeah, HBO ain't having that ****.

Last edited:
Oh! That's good then. I don't read news on movies or shows. ADWD is a big book so I wouldn't be surprised if it was three seasons covering those two together. They may as well because God only know when GRRM will get Wind of Winter out.

I can't see them getting more than 2 series out of AFFC and ADWD, because although the books are long and detailed, there's alot of filler that could be cut. If they do everything for the show that's in the books, i can se viewers getting a bit bored, although i was riveted reading every sentence.

I can't see them getting more than 2 series out of AFFC and ADWD, because although the books are long and detailed, there's alot of filler that could be cut. If they do everything for the show that's in the books, i can se viewers getting a bit bored, although i was riveted reading every sentence.

Yeah, I agree. But they're making book 3 in to two seasons right? ADWD isn't as long but its long. Can't remember how many pages. Besides, if they do two seasons that's 3 more years GRRM has to get the next book out and that's not even counting production they'll need to write the season for WOW. It takes a year to make a season right? So he has to get it out in two. Then onto the last book. GRRM does everything else but write these days so I wonder how this will work out.
ADWD took over five years to write. And there was 5 years between books 3 and 4. :lol

That wait between 3 and 5 was absolutely brutal. 11 years to find out what happens with Tyrion, Rant and Jon Snow. :lol

I hope it is only 1.

For both books??

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I agree. But they're making book 3 in to two seasons right? ADWD isn't as long but its long. Can't remember how many pages. Besides, if they do two seasons that's 3 more years GRRM has to get the next book out and that's not even counting production they'll need to write the season for WOW. It takes a year to make a season right? So he has to get it out in two. Then onto the last book. GRRM does everything else but write these days so I wonder how this will work out.
ADWD took over five years to write. And there was 5 years between books 3 and 4. :lol

That wait between 3 and 5 was absolutely brutal. 11 years to find out what happens with Tyrion, Rant and Jon Snow. :lol

For both books??

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I hope that books 4 and 5 are combined into one season. No need to drag on most of that stuff.

Back