HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if they'd go through with that or if they figured it wasn't important enough to make difficulties in shooting him from now on worthwhile. Glad they did though. :rock

I was wondering if they'd go through with that or if they figured it wasn't important enough to make difficulties in shooting him from now on worthwhile. Glad they did though. :rock

:goodpost:

I like how it's following the book and yet there's enough deviation to keep those of us who have read the books on our toes
(the hand wasn't one of them-- love that they'll follow the book with that one-- I too was concerned that it'd be a Rick Grimes budget decision or more accurately a Tyrion nose decision to save on $$).

Wow...looks like Jamie Lannister is gonna need a
hand!

He'll never be the
King's right hand man.

I'm happy that they did this, and not skipping the whole rather importat event. Though it would have been rather weird to leave this out.

I like how it's following the book and yet there's enough deviation to keep those of us who have read the books on our toes
(the hand wasn't one of them-- love that they'll follow the book with that one-- I too was concerned that it'd be a Rick Grimes budget decision or more accurately a Tyrion nose decision to save on $$).

I am also very happy they did this, that is really the turning point for his character. From the budget and shoot difficulties perspective it works for him because he is not on screen as much as Tyrion or Rick.

Just caught this today, soooo glad I didn't hit this thread up last night. Wow! Was not expecting that. Its times like this that I'm glad I haven't read this series.

I'm just glad that something actually happened in this show. Three weeks of watching brits and scots talking was beginning to bore me.

I'm just glad that something actually happened in this show. Three weeks of watching brits and scots talking was beginning to bore me.

:lol:lol:lol same here, though I don't think i'd quit watching this show as it's masterfully done. it was a bit lacking the first couple episodes. there's so many storylines that it takes so long for something noteworthy to develop.

The hand-chop was quite a shocker for someone who has never picked up any of the books - I feel pretty bad for him, wow.

But what the **** is with the song in the end credits?! Do I have a poor memory or is this the first time a contemporary song has been used for this show? And if its the first time, let it be the last time. IMO totally inappropriate. :dunno

But what the **** is with the song in the end credits?! Do I have a poor memory or is this the first time a contemporary song has been used for this show? And if its the first time, let it be the last time. IMO totally inappropriate. :dunno

I thought it was odd too until I realized it was just a sped up version of the song the guys on horseback were singing earlier in the episode.

Just don't think it worked at all. A bizarre and even silly thing to end the episode with IMO. This show really needs to be just instrumental all the way.

Yes, that's it exactly. Good guess.

Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Tyrion's nose would have just been tough to do no matter what method they removed it with (cig, make up, both, etc). I think they made a good compromise with just the big scar(s) running diagonally through his face. I always felt it was a bit much in the book anyway. Tyrion life is difficult enough as it is :lol

I wonder how long it will take them to give Jamie a prosthetic hand. I can't imagine them just CGIing a stump for him for very long.

Exactly. I'd love to know what they were thinking.

They were probably thinking that a rock version of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" would amuse the audience, and you know, they might even have been somewhat correct if the episode ended on some sort of upbeat note, but considering the event that happened three seconds before was so shocking, the transition from that to a lively drunken pub rock tune was completely appalling. The whole thing fell flat on it's face. Hopefully that's the last soundtrack stunt of that nature they try.

I liked that they sped the music up....that last scene was awesome...un expected....the music entertained me and I laughed....it was unexpected...ha:clap

Back