HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tyrion's nose would have just been tough to do no matter what method they removed it with (cig, make up, both, etc). I think they made a good compromise with just the big scar(s) running diagonally through his face. I always felt it was a bit much in the book anyway. Tyrion life is difficult enough as it is :lol

I wonder how long it will take them to give Jamie a prosthetic hand. I can't imagine them just CGIing a stump for him for very long.

If they follow the book then he gets a gold hand once he gets back to King's Landing

They were probably thinking that a rock version of "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" would amuse the audience, and you know, they might even have been somewhat correct if the episode ended on some sort of upbeat note, but considering the event that happened three seconds before was so shocking, the transition from that to a lively drunken pub rock tune was completely appalling. The whole thing fell flat on it's face. Hopefully that's the last soundtrack stunt of that nature they try.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Its just totally not the kind of show to be putting any kind of rock/pop music in the end credits of :dunno
It'd be like had Mel Gibson stuck one on the end of Braveheart.

It cheapened it IMO, like some kind of pandering - 'look we're cool and trendy. Hey Walking Dead is doing it'.

They were going for the same kind of ending as An American Werewolf In London. David gets killed, 'Blue Moon' comes on.

I'm not buying this. American Werewolf in London was a modern era movie, that was filled with popular songs throughout, all of which were related to the "moon" theme. The song over the credits just dovetailed with the established tone and structure of the movie.

Game of Thrones just tossed a completely out of place element in at the last second, and imho seriously damaged the impact of what occurred in the final scene.

oh that was in purpose with the music ?? I thought I downloaded a bad version and some jerk made some fun at the end...

wow.. that was just super bad then by HBO to do... it did not fit at all..
overall.. they tried a lot of funny things in this episode...

https://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/14/thrones-jaime-hand/

horse-mouth-260x300.gif

I loved it, the song was the perfect match for the energy of what just happened. I was grinning ear to ear the whole time, plus it reminded me a lot of the credit songs that would play at the end of Deadwood.

It was definitely jarring considering the tone of the final scene.

Which is exactly what it was meant to be.

The audience are left thinking exactly what Jaime felt - "Wait....wha....?"
And before we've time to settle, that music pumps in, which by the way i thought was brilliant.

It left an impression and got people talking about it.

Plus apparantly David and Dan are fans of that particular band. I think it worked perfectly with the craziness of the last scene.

Which is exactly what it was meant to be.

The audience are left thinking exactly what Jaime felt - "Wait....wha....?"
And before we've time to settle, that music pumps in, which by the way i thought was brilliant.

It left an impression and got people talking about it.

I apologize, but that is the stupidest connection I have ever read. They put that crap Flogging Molly-esque set to shock viewers so they would empathize with Jaime? WTF? :lol

No. I would just put it down to a stupid decision by the show runners.

From what I gather anyone whose read the books knew it was probably going to happen and as for me, who hasn't read the books, it was already quite sufficiently a 'WTF' part without putting a funny rock track in the end credits. It just totally goes against everything you see and hear in this kind of a show and the world it depicts. Again, imagine had one of the Lord of the Rings films ended with a contemporary rock song. Same thing.

Even Spartacus, which has through its run been a bit more ''rock and roll'' than this show has ever been, never did such a thing.

Apologies FrodoEyes. I misread what you had written. I see what you are saying now. But I still disagree with you. :1-1:

But it was a song from their world, not ours. I'm sure they knew what 'rock' was.

Just as much as i'm sure Frodo and the other hobbits had a few rock nights down the Green Dragon!

I don't get the hate :dunno

But it was a song from their world, not ours. I'm sure they knew what 'rock' was.

Just as much as i'm sure Frodo and the other hobbits had a few rock nights down the Green Dragon!

I don't get the hate :dunno

Not sure if you are serious... I am going to assume you are just having a laugh. :stick

Back