He has arrived!!! Sideshow Wolf Bust :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks bud. That's a load off my mind. I think I will go with green. I'm actually amazed by it. I guess I didn't realize how damn big it really was. Extremely impressive.

Since they provided no literature, can anyone reccomend how to clean this thing? Also, if I ever need to transport it, how do you reccomend I ship it? I like this thing so much, I'm terrified to touch it. I'm so afraid of chipping something. I hope it's not all that fragile. I have to bring it down narrow stairs to my home theater.

The stand should be cool if I'm able to do what I want. I'm going to make a octagon type of shape like the actual base and paint it with a mettalic paint with some grain. Then I want to stencile a design on it like the actual base. Then use a similar grain type paint and go with that reddish tone. Then it's just getting the glass cut and putting in the green light.

I have a question for you sideshow fans. My bust didn't come with any paperwork whatsoever. Is that right? I figured there would be a booklet of some kind with a display plaque. Is there anything I'm missing with my order? Thanks in advance.

Nope. thats the way it comes: paper work (instructions & COA free). Just another miss by sideshow & ADI on this piece. Not to be hard on them, but this is just inexcusable for a piece like this.

I'm noticing now that the dreads are sticking together where they touch.

Yep, happening w/ minje too. You need to keep up on the dreads & loosen them up every 3 to 4 days or so. Watch out though. some of the dreads may fall out if you flick them/tease them up to break the stuck together parts. Just another downside of the design unfortunately.

Last edited:
welcome jmeno :D . Got any tips of how to make the stand? I was going to attempt to make one to put mine on.

Since they provided no literature, can anyone reccomend how to clean this thing? Also, if I ever need to transport it, how do you reccomend I ship it? I like this thing so much, I'm terrified to touch it. I'm so afraid of chipping something. I hope it's not all that fragile. I have to bring it down narrow stairs to my home theater.

The stand should be cool if I'm able to do what I want. I'm going to make a octagon type of shape like the actual base and paint it with a mettalic paint with some grain. Then I want to stencile a design on it like the actual base. Then use a similar grain type paint and go with that reddish tone. Then it's just getting the glass cut and putting in the green light.
that base sounds like it's gonna turn out really nice. I would'nt be afraid of touching it in fear of chiping something, just don't hit anything with it. as for transporting it; I hope you did'nt throw out the box.
when you move it down stairs, if your worried about it just take all the dreads out first. it's alot easier to carry without them. those things weigh a ton. good juck. :D

welcome jmeno :D . Got any tips of how to make the stand? I was going to attempt to make one to put mine on.

I'm basically going to make it out of wood. I'm going to try to replicate the shape of the base of the actual bust. Basically you make a shape of the bottom peice that the pedestal will stand on in the shape that you want to make it. Then you put wood posts on all the corners then you use plywood to cover the outside and cut it into the proper shape on each side. Then you drill the plywood to the posts. Then you have to measure the top and get a peice of glass cut to the proper shape and size. Then I'm going to use a spray paint with texture and try to match the mettalic look of the base. I also might stencil a similar design than what's on the base. After that, it's just a matter of designing an inner light fixture with a remote dimmer. I made a stand for my Darth Vader helmet and the stand totally makes it. When it's all done, I'll post some pics.

that base sounds like it's gonna turn out really nice. I would'nt be afraid of touching it in fear of chiping something, just don't hit anything with it. as for transporting it; I hope you did'nt throw out the box.
when you move it down stairs, if your worried about it just take all the dreads out first. it's alot easier to carry without them. those things weigh a ton. good juck. :D

Unfortunately I did throw out the box. My wife bought it for me but I couldn't sell her on the importance of keeping the box. She threw it out when I was at work. LOL.

I'll just be as careful as I can. I don't plan on moving for many years. When the time comes, I'll have my work cut out for me with popcorn and newspaper.

How about the cleaning of the item? I was considering putting it in some type of glass case but it is so big, I don't think it's feasable. It's going to get dusty and I don't want to damage it with the wrong products.

you threw out the box? :horror as far a cleaning it, I'm going to be using a good paint brush on it every so often.

Yeah the box is gone. I think I'll do the same with the paint brush.

Do you think they will ever come out with another alien bust? That would be a great peice to my collection.

I would have to say that they will do another Alien. if it was the Predalien I think they would have said something by now. personally that would be bad a**. we might have to wait and see what if anything happens with AVP 3.

If I didn't cancel my preorder with SS, I would have had it by now! :(

I'm sure I'll be able to snag one soon, though. I'm hoping SS rolls mine over before BBTS gets theirs. Is it just me, or does it seem like BBTS is usually late by a few weeks to get everything?

Well, I think it's normal for BBTS or other retailers to get things after Sideshow themselves.

That's definitely true. I've only heard of one retailer getting these yet so far. I'm talking more about BBTS in general, and not with this piece. I find it a lot with the Neca figures... it seems like everyone else gets them first by a week or so.

this sucks!!
just now I was lifting a few dreads because they tend to stick together, and one falls out. no big deal right? happened before, just put it back in. so I get it from behind the case it's been on and what do I find? the damn thing broke! you'll see in the second pic that the screw that holds the dread on does'nt sit flush when put back together. so there is tension inside of the dread that just broke it apart. I've had this Bust for three days and it's already falling apart!? for $900 these dreads are going to be the downfall of this peice. should of found a way to make them solid somehow. with that all said this guy will be going back next week and I don't think I will get a replacement. if it can't last three days? one year, two years = bald Pred... :mad:

drokedreads001.jpg

drokedreads002.jpg

That's too bad. I still think it's odd that Sideshow can't replace individual dreds. Have you asked about it?

I have'nt asked about individual replacements. it seems that the dreads themselves are going to be an issue no matter how many you have. I mean if one broke like this in three days how many more will do the same after the 30 day window for returns/exchanges is up. I'm afraid that in a year I'll have a half bald Pred. then what? I mean for $900 I don't think I'm gonna chance it. don't get me wrong this bust looks GREAT!! but...... AARRRGGGGGHHHHH :banghead :banghead :banghead

Thrifty you finally befriended me so I won't jeopardize it by making a wise crack!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I really am sorry that happened to your bust, especially as you only got the one!:rolleyes: for the money you paid you should not have to run the risk of ending up with a half bald pred in a couple months and so if you feel like returning him is the only solution then I am 100% behind you........now hold me!:horror

Back