He has arrived!!! Sideshow Wolf Bust :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking bust. Kinda like a PF bust with all the different type of materials used.

Each day is getting slower now! :(

Hey, thanks for the heads up from the guy in my hometown! I'm gonna go check out the showroom!

SS emailed me back today and said there is a high chance of my waitlist being filled!

aww man! Everyones getting this thing before me :lol ! I bet it looks ten times better in real life to!

it's like with everything. pics do it no justice. the only problem I'm finding with it and PF's is the dang boxes. their f'n huge. :google storing a box for a 1:6 fig is easy but these...:horror

Hey, thanks for the heads up from the guy in my hometown! I'm gonna go check out the showroom!

SS emailed me back today and said there is a high chance of my waitlist being filled!

Cool deal. I hope the waitlist comes through for you.
I ordered one from Secret Compass on Ebay a few weeks
ago. I got the email today that they had recieved it.
So I hope to have sometime next week.

CAN"T WAIT

I bet SS could send you the one you're missing.

will probally do that. missing one and got an extra of another. we'll see.

Don't even bother (unless you want to send the whole shebang back that is). I contacted SS as mine has a defective dread (threaded bolt came right out of the damn dread first time around) & they basically told me that they have no separate/extra dreads & that I will have to send the whole thing back.
I'm heading off to bed so I will elaborate later but the way sidshow implemented the dreads to this sculpt allong w/ how they are handling defective dreads w/ the product is one big, epic fail.

Don't even bother (unless you want to send the whole shebang back that is). I contacted SS as mine has a defective dread (threaded bolt came right out of the damn dread first time around) & they basically told me that they have no separate/extra dreads & that I will have to send the whole thing back.
I'm heading off to bed so I will elaborate later but the way sidshow implemented the dreads to this sculpt allong w/ how they are handling defective dreads w/ the product is one big, epic fail.

That's very weird and un-Sideshow-like. The last bust had them sending out extra quills to replaces ones that broke during shipping. I don't understand how this time they didn't make extra dreads. I wonder how this will pan out.

yeah that seems really dumb. they could save so much in just shipping alone if they would replace the dreads. to replace the entire bust will cost almost $100 in shipping and thats IF the replacement arrives perfect.

No worries. Tell him I said hello etc! :D

That's exactly why I'm not too concerned about the tooth... they will probably have me send the entire bust back.

Dan

That's exactly why I'm not too concerned about the tooth... they will probably have me send the entire bust back.

Dan

Could you really notice the tooth in person? To me, it seems like the best, least visible tooth to be damaged.

Could you really notice the tooth in person? To me, it seems like the best, least visible tooth to be damaged.

If they can not send me a tooth replacement, I'll just file it down to a rounded point and no one will be able to tell the difference. There's no paint on the ends, so it will blend seamlessly. As it is, you can barely notice... I didn't notice until I was processing the photos for the review lol!

Unfortunately with this size of item and so much detail it appears that Sideshow's Quality Control overlooked a few things and I can see places where the molding of the polystone didn't fully cast out...though it is really minor I would think that Sideshow should spend more time reviewing these expensive pieces.

I'm not picking out flaws here because it is an impressive piece and damage can certainly come from shipping (thats the main concern), but I've always had good luck with all my Sideshow pieces until recently and I've had to return and exchange a lot of the statues I've received from them lately.

I'm thankful my Wolf bust came out as good as he did.

btw - I'm #63/750

This was my first sideshow buy and I'm loving it. :wacky It's the sickest thing I've ever seen. I was considering the first predator bust but it didn't grab me as much as this one. This one is meaner looking and scarrier in my opinion. I understand what is being said about the paint job but I'm not worried about it. When you walk around it no matter what angle you look at it, you just stare in amazment. It's insane. I'll post pics as soon as I finish making my pedestal for his display.

I have a question for you sideshow fans. My bust didn't come with any paperwork whatsoever. Is that right? I figured there would be a booklet of some kind with a display plaque. Is there anything I'm missing with my order? Thanks in advance.

Now it's off to design a cool lighted pedestal. What color do you think would be best to shine up on him? I'm thinking green or purple.

The tip of the lower right (when facing the bust) small mandible is chipped on mine :(

if I had a chipped tooth I would probally send that B right back. I'm noticing now that the dreads are sticking together where they touch. nothing bad though. we need some new pics.

This was my first sideshow buy and I'm loving it. :wacky It's the sickest thing I've ever seen. I was considering the first predator bust but it didn't grab me as much as this one. This one is meaner looking and scarrier in my opinion. I understand what is being said about the paint job but I'm not worried about it. When you walk around it no matter what angle you look at it, you just stare in amazment. It's insane. I'll post pics as soon as I finish making my pedestal for his display.

I have a question for you sideshow fans. My bust didn't come with any paperwork whatsoever. Is that right? I figured there would be a booklet of some kind with a display plaque. Is there anything I'm missing with my order? Thanks in advance.

Now it's off to design a cool lighted pedestal. What color do you think would be best to shine up on him? I'm thinking green or purple.

what you got is all there is. I would go with green. maybe try a black light. look forward to those pics.
BTW welcome to the show.

Back