Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished, the upgraded buttons are so much better, actually in scale too.

IMG_2498.jpeg

Last edited:
Let me know how it turns out !
Probably not soon. But it's something I'll be keeping on the back of my mind. I've been wanting to try dyes for a long time. Going back to Dean's Yunsil coveralls video.

Myers was my first dip into the custom world. But I've long abandoned that project. Learned from it though.

Myers was my first dip into the custom world. But I've long abandoned that project.
I actually have a full Myers custom from both 1978 & 1981. Yunsil coveralls on both, leather jungle boots, Full Metal scalpel, Shadow Fergo Lamson knife. For the Halloween II coveralls, we had Yunsil accurately replicate every bullet hole exactly how they’re placed on the screen used, she killed it. What made you decide to abandon it? My only drawback is it fits with nothing Batman and I’m not planning a full horror collection, though I do love old horror.

IMG_2501.jpeg

IMG_2502.jpeg

IMG_2500.jpeg

IMG_2499.jpeg

Last edited:
Probably not soon. But it's something I'll be keeping on the back of my mind. I've been wanting to try dyes for a long time. Going back to Dean's Yunsil coveralls video.

Myers was my first dip into the custom world. But I've long abandoned that project. Learned from it though.
I've done it a few times, it's pretty easy to do. But I'd be to scared to just throw Joker's clothes in the water and dye.

I actually have a full Myers custom from both 1978 & 1981. Yunsil coveralls on both, leather jungle boots, Full Metal scalpel, Shadow Fergo Lamson knife. For the Halloween II coveralls, we had Yunsil accurately replicate every bullet hole exactly how they’re placed on the screen used, she killed it. What made you decide to abandon it? My only drawback is it fits with nothing Batman and I’m not planning a full horror collection, though I do love old horror.

View attachment 712895
View attachment 712896
View attachment 712897
View attachment 712898
I think I just went about it the wrong way. Didn't plan very well. Didn't spend very well. Didn't have much knowledge then. Eventually the interest was lost somewhat (Or I didn't commit to see it through anymore)

I remember ordering an (LDS workshop was it?) Knife instead of Fergo's which was more expensive and not as good. Wasn't happy with that one. Handle fell apart very easily.

FB_IMG_1720826175920-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I just went about it the wrong way. Didn't plan very well. Didn't spend very well. Didn't have much knowledge then. Eventually the interest was lost somewhat (Or I didn't commit to see it through anymore)

View attachment 712900
Both Yunsil Coveralls were around $425 USD direct from her, if you’re ever in the market again and wanna know what to expect to pay from someone who owns them. There’s a few versions of the 78’ coveralls out there, these are the latest and the ones you’d want. The 81’ coveralls were strictly a one and done never again.

I've done it a few times, it's pretty easy to do. But I'd be to scared to just throw Joker's clothes in the water and dye.
I likely won't have use for the couple spare prison leftovers I have, otherwise I wouldn't be as eager to try.

I don't know if colors can react with each other and yield an unintended result etc.. I'm a fish out of water in that area..

I likely won't have use for the couple spare prison leftovers I have, otherwise I wouldn't be as eager to try.

I don't know if colors can react with each other and yield an unintended result etc.. I'm a fish out of water in that area..
You’re fine, pat with paper towel, see if color transfers, rinse clothing under cold water to help lock it in, then blow dry / air dry. The key is limiting the amount of dye used and time spent in the boiling water.

Both Yunsil Coveralls were around $425 USD direct from her, if you’re ever in the market again and wanna know what to expect to pay from someone who owns them. There’s a few versions of the 78’ coveralls out there, these are the latest and the ones you’d want. The 81’ coveralls were strictly a one and done never again.
Yup. I did have an opportunity with their last run but I couldn't get myself to do it. Not as committed I suppose. $400 or whatever it was just seemed like a lot for the coveralls. Then again I'd spend that on other characters.

I could swear though I thought they opened an interest list recently for a second run of the 81 coveralls. I could be wrong.

You’re fine, pat with paper towel, see if color transfers, rinse clothing under cold water to help lock it in, then blow dry / air dry. The key is limiting the amount of dye used and time spent in the boiling water.
Thanks for all the advice man

Also, that's probably the best Ledger waistcoat around you have in your hands

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice man

Also, that's probably the best Ledger waistcoat around you have in your hands
I’ll post when everything is put back together, over the moon about the color and buttons. I find myself leaning to the InArt shirt due to the color of it, may use that. Sacrificed the Wonder waistcoat but it is what it is, can always eventually get more buttons for it. The dye seems to look best on the Iris waistcoat as it’s a different material to the InArt, it still helped the InArt but only slightly a different color, longer time may help it, not sure.

Last edited:
Off topic, so apologies, but I managed to get this painted sculpt for $100. I’ve sent it off to John, he is going to hair it for me. I’m going to go with the subway look as I’ve already got a Rahmier red suit Joker.

Attachments

• IMG_7580.jpeg
    IMG_7580.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 0
Not a bad deal for a $100, paint job looks pretty nice. I’m curious to see the hair work by John.

Yeah my thoughts exactly. For the price I got the sculpt at, I was happy to see how John will go trying his hand at JP Joker.

Back