Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Understandably so, with the rate these pop up it’s best to snooze on a lot of them, the potential shines through in Heise’s paintwork. I don’t need this sculpt specifically, I’d prefer a different mouth expression but keep the eyes the same.
That was my thought process. With how many sculpts come out with varying degrees of accuracy, I ended up passing on sleepy joker. Admittedly that’s one of the better sculpts to come from nancy recently. The one from veryon and the tongue sculpt that yuan just finished up aren’t screaming great to me. Vincentoy_na’s looks decent but the current renders don’t look too great. I still think the best is heise’s sculpt and Nancy’s 5.0 smiling, not the one arirang hosted recently. I never liked the new smiling head

Possibly for the same reason Unreal won’t just give us a couple faceplates for Keaton for $60 bucks. I’m surprised we haven’t seen OT show any custom work for this new Keaton.

John should really put those sleepy eyes to use on another sculpt if he wants to keep this one exclusive but still please everyone.
PO within this month for his new cowl and you get an angry mouthplate as an extra. I think the Keaton cowl itself needs more work than just changing the faceplates out. The eye holes are badly inaccurate and while I’m not a huge fan of unreal’s paint previously, it’s gotten better and im stomaching it for the accurate cowl

PO within this month for his new cowl and you get an angry mouthplate as an extra. I think the Keaton cowl itself needs more work than just changing the faceplates out. The eye holes are badly inaccurate and while I’m not a huge fan of unreal’s paint previously, it’s gotten better and im stomaching it for the accurate cowl
The eye cuts are off on all three officially licensed 1:6 Keaton 1989 cowls, as well as Unreals custom offering. I studied Myers 1978 eye cuts for so long while rehauling a mask that it’s the first thing my eye goes to on masked portraits with them present.

What do we do about the suit though? Are you buying the 2.0 at all or just putting his custom sculpt on your DX09?

I think to date -

Best Ledger portraits

- Heise
- Yixie Nancy 4.0
- Yixie Nancy Smiling 5.0
- Yixie Mike 6.0?
- Sleepy Joe
- Adam Gu
- Ambrosial

Any of these and your custom is in the right direction.

The eye cuts are off on all three officially licensed 1:6 Keaton 1989 cowls, as well as Unreals custom offering. I studied Myers 1978 eye cuts for so long while rehauling a mask that it’s the first thing my eye goes to on masked portraits with them present.

What do we do about the suit though? Are you buying the 2.0 at all or just putting his custom sculpt on your DX09?
DX09 is closer than the 2.0 to me minus the old decals they used for the eyes and visible back cap. even jazzinc's is closer than the 2.0 but something about the eyebrows/eyes itself on jazzinc's copy doesn't sit right to me. not sure if its viola's paint, assuming she painted up this cowl as well

1723417491140.png

the suit texture is ass on the 2.0, I don't think there's really any way around that unless you wanna battle damage it to hide it. i modified the dx09 to have it be able to articulate without the arms springing back on you (but even that isn't accurate. closer but not accurate). i ended up doing that awhile ago but you cant really get much poses out of it anyway. the rubber shoulders warp so badly when I raise his arm that I don't feel comfortable leaving it in place for long. the suit itself is like a very worn down smooth rubber

i still have 2.0 on order, as of right now unreal's modifying the cowl so it fits the 2.0 so I'm guessing both will be compatible. he told me its a flex + resin combo for the cowl so the sharp points will have a little give to them.

i was discussing it with a friend the other day on discord. i think overall the 2.0 is a better figure overall than the dx09 unfortunately. just the ****** texture and bad cowl kills it for me but an unwise eye will tell no difference

pro:
  • seamless cowl
  • smaller bat symbol
  • updated paint
  • better rolling eyes
  • poseable
cons:
  • glossy body and cowl (fixable if you use 303)
  • inaccurate cowl (wrong eye holes, mouthplate shape is wrong)
  • overly textured suit
  • **** cape
dx09
pro:
  • better accurate cowl
  • less textured suit
  • better mouthplates
cons:
  • PERS prone to breaking
  • old style decal eyes
  • brick figure
  • even more **** cape
  • "leaky" rubber suit (varying based on copy)

This dude heard of an invention called a table?

View attachment 719502
Guessing those are just for the ppl who ordered vests only. Still a wait for the shirts and ties I guess. They look good from the pics though. I know it might not be the "right" shade of green to be accurate, but I do like the darker color pallet.

Don’t know why they’ve never attempted a Ledger purple coat run, this Knightmare Batman coat drapes really, materials look decent.

https://www.instagram.com/por.toys/p/C9urZviyWzy/?igsh=MWRtdjc5cXVmanh6NA==

Would be cool to see their take. Given how many different versions of shoes they've made, who knows how many attempts at a jacket they could/would do :lol

Last edited:
I know it's not accurate and all but I love it, especially the colors.
The only problem I had is with the green vest, I ended up damaging it while putting it on.
So tight now I'm debating if I should get a new one or not.
i understand now why he mentions how easy it is to damage the clothing when he offered the futzing service for 25usd. i didn't put much thought into it while undressing him since it seemed pretty self explanatory dressing joker. I've dressed him so many times but then I saw the scratches on the wool vest and my heart sank lol I ordered 1 but I'm contemplating ordering a 2nd if he has extra
474529-43b3521765f83f199ecbfeca9ef48cc1.jpg

He’s offered a different 2.0 I guess is what it is - waistcoat juxtaposed to his previous attempt. The ones shown on his apartment floor. :lol

Doesn’t look like much upgrade but if you feel it’s worth another $100+ shipping then have at it, may not have to worry about marks on that version, not clear. I’m getting to a point where it’s definitive or bust at the price of everything.

i understand now why he mentions how easy it is to damage the clothing when he offered the futzing service for 25usd. i didn't put much thought into it while undressing him since it seemed pretty self explanatory dressing joker. I've dressed him so many times but then I saw the scratches on the wool vest and my heart sank lol I ordered 1 but I'm contemplating ordering a 2nd if he has extra
View attachment 719604
I have the exact same damage. I got the kit new but second hand so unfortunatly I didn't have the chance to have someone putting it on.
It was a nightmare do put that vest and to have the shoes safely plugged. Mine fell down while I was taking picture and my xXx smilling sculpt went flying on the ground... Fortunatly no damage on it.

He’s offered a different 2.0 I guess is what it is - waistcoat juxtaposed to his previous attempt. The ones shown on his apartment floor. :lol

Doesn’t look like much upgrade but if you feel it’s worth another $100+ shipping then have at it, may not have to worry about marks on that version, not clear.
Apparently It's made with stronger material. He told me 116$ + shipping for the vest.
1000011041.jpg

That’s why Iris opts for Magnets though I feel she could do with a size adjustment of them. I remove her waistcoat all the time with ease free of any damage.

Doesn’t look like much upgrade but if you feel it’s worth another $100+ shipping then have at it, may not have to worry about marks on that version, not clear. I’m getting to a point where it’s definitive or bust at the price of everything.
i didnt get any indication it was a 2.0, just the same or maybe spare scraps he had lying around that he could make new vests. I'm just mainly buying to replace the damaged one. also shoe peg snapped when I was moving his legs. i may shift back to acrylic bases for my jokers... i intend to have all my figures with acrylic bases, even hot toys. starting to think magnet bases suck balls. i just thought having magnet platforms for all my "grail" jokers would feel more premium. it does but I'm not taking any chances if its a 2k project waiting to tumble

I never had an issue with the hooks for any other clothing because the material was durable but also the hooks weren't that sharp but I'm taping up the fabric first and then putting the hooks on from now on. lesson learned

That’s why Iris opts for Magnets though I feel she could do with a size adjustment of them. I remove her waistcoat all the time with ease free of any damage.
to my surprise when my friend was showing me his phoenix iris set. the top button for the shirt was magnetic as well. i didn't believe it till he showed me the video. not sure how strong the magnet is but its there

Back