Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus he told me the shipping is about 80 dollars for the vest.
Yea, his shipping is pretty ridiculous. I paid $63 for my previous order with him. I agree with @Nick D that it's pretty pricey for one item. Heck, it's even pricey for the few pieces of clothing I'm getting.

It's crazy when I think how I can get masterpiece transformers from overseas with free shipping but a small package of tiny clothing costs me over $50 :slap

I know the cost of shipping is usually baked into the product pricing, but the pricing is usually no more than $10 over the retail price, not over $50

They need to go back to the saturated promo if it’s indeed altered, dye works on vibrant colors best. The screen used has saturation to it with a slight warm hue.

IMG_6065.jpeg

DX09 is closer than the 2.0 to me minus the old decals they used for the eyes and visible back cap. even jazzinc's is closer than the 2.0 but something about the eyebrows/eyes itself on jazzinc's copy doesn't sit right to me. not sure if its viola's paint, assuming she painted up this cowl as well

View attachment 719550

the suit texture is ass on the 2.0, I don't think there's really any way around that unless you wanna battle damage it to hide it. i modified the dx09 to have it be able to articulate without the arms springing back on you (but even that isn't accurate. closer but not accurate). i ended up doing that awhile ago but you cant really get much poses out of it anyway. the rubber shoulders warp so badly when I raise his arm that I don't feel comfortable leaving it in place for long. the suit itself is like a very worn down smooth rubber

i still have 2.0 on order, as of right now unreal's modifying the cowl so it fits the 2.0 so I'm guessing both will be compatible. he told me its a flex + resin combo for the cowl so the sharp points will have a little give to them.

i was discussing it with a friend the other day on discord. i think overall the 2.0 is a better figure overall than the dx09 unfortunately. just the ****** texture and bad cowl kills it for me but an unwise eye will tell no difference

pro:
  • seamless cowl
  • smaller bat symbol
  • updated paint
  • better rolling eyes
  • poseable
cons:
  • glossy body and cowl (fixable if you use 303)
  • inaccurate cowl (wrong eye holes, mouthplate shape is wrong)
  • overly textured suit
  • **** cape
dx09
pro:
  • better accurate cowl
  • less textured suit
  • better mouthplates
cons:
  • PERS prone to breaking
  • old style decal eyes
  • brick figure
  • even more **** cape
  • "leaky" rubber suit (varying based on copy)
Unfortunately my plate is full at the moment, and I have to pass on the 89 bat.

Screenshot_20240812-085550_Instagram-01.jpeg

I can't justify the purchase with all its faults, nor spending a fortune getting it the way it's supposed to be.

I can't keep doing that with every figure. It's not sustainable. Especially when these companies have little care for accuracy.

Actually, I'm finding it hard to justify any Hot Toys purchase anymore. I think it's odd that people complain about custom pricing, but will gladly drop $400 on a Hot Toys figure. I see more value in spending it on customs.

89 is iconic and I do like the film a lot. Maybe another company will have a try at that eventually. But I do have the Returns bat so that should fill the void for the time being.

Returns is my favorite suit (and film) among the Burton films. And I'm also told that Unreal will be doing that next.

It’s all about lighting, cameras used and color grading.

Same distance, different camera, different tones completely.

The warmer toned photos are what your eye would see.

Here - the color of the shirt changes completely without him moving an inch under the same overhead light source.

Stylish film tones:

IMG_3452.jpeg

Reality:

IMG_3455.jpeg

IMG_3453.jpeg

IMG_3454.jpeg

Personally I prefer what the eye would see, the gritty blue film tones obstruct the beautiful iconic vivid purple.

It’s all about lighting, cameras used and color grading.

Same distance, different camera, different tones completely.

The warmer toned photos are what your eye would see.

Personally I prefer what the eye would see, the gritty blue film tones obstruct the beautiful iconic vivid purple.
Yup I understand the differences all that makes. I wasn't saying it in bewilderment. More or less that it's sort of understandable why the colors tend to change for these figure clothing set (official or custom) depending on what the ppl making it use as reference and/or what their preferences are. Some ppl prefer exact prop replica colors and others prefer what's seen on screen in a particular scene.

Yeah I have no issues with what someone prefers. It’s just important to make the distinction to what’s accurate regarding materials and dyes that were used as apposed to color grading from an outside source apart from the tailor’s control.

It’s likely Lindy Hemming wanted the purple to be striking as she makes mention of its necessity in the documentary, but a costume designer only has so much creative control over how their costumes appear on screen.

Last edited:
I can't justify the purchase with all its faults, nor spending a fortune getting it the way it's supposed to be.
Sort of agree with you there. Thinking of removing 1/6 Burton stuff altogether and just sticking with JND 1/3. Love the films enough that I think they deserve the larger format in my collection. Only problem I foresee is if they don't make Nicholson Joker. That would seriously bum me out AND selling those statues would be a pita. I'm usually ok losing money on a 1/6 figure but a $2k statue? Probably not.
Actually, I'm finding it hard to justify any Hot Toys purchase anymore. I think it's odd that people complain about custom pricing, but will gladly drop $400 on a Hot Toys figure. I see more value in spending it on customs.
To be fair, for $4-$500 you're getting a fully complete figure with all the fixin's typically and not just a clothing set. Everyone's mileage varies and not everyone can afford spending $1k+ on each figure they want; let alone wanting to go through the trouble of buying a headsculpt, then sending to a custom artist to paint and/or hair, custom shoes, getting all the "higher end" accessories by full metal or someone else. It's a big commitment and not one everyone wants to go through. Some also just don't see the value in custom stuff and that's ok. There's room for almost everyone at the price point their comfortable with. That said, many ppl have already mentioned being priced out of HT and InArt figures and have to make sacrifices just to afford the ones they really want nowadays.

Heck, I have 5 custom Daniel Craig James Bond figures in progress and every now and then I wonder if the juice will be worth squeeze in the end :lol

You can't just make extra sculpt from a limited run. It kills the purpose and might anger buyers.
It's really not a money thing, I mean if he wanted he could make way more money out of that 3d file.

If he were to ask me as one of the owners if I'd be okay if he did another batch I'd say yes, but I know the majority wouldn't like that at all.

Meh, they’ve been blowing money on Joker heads for years upon years.

What’s wrong with one of the few sculpts that actually looks like Heath Ledger as The Joker being a larger run?

I have high hopes for JND magnetic street Ledger base, that will be what my definitive Heath will use, along with the JND coat and Full Metal Smith & Wesson M76. Everything else; acrylic bases or no base at all.

Portoys swapped to metal pegs, love them, that’s how a 2.0 is done.
I’m surprised so many companies struggle with magnetic bases. Recently got a full figure from Por.toys and the magnets in the feet are very strong, so are the ankles. The entire base is magnetic unlike the two small magnets InArt uses. I can literally lift the entire base if I pick up the figure and that base has some decent weight to it.

I have no doubt JND will deliver on that. They use extremely strong magnets for their statues.

IMG_3437.jpeg

The paint on the new HT sculpt actually looks like paint in HD photos, hairline is good enough here and it has a ton of detail for such a cheap figure at $500 in comparison to custom. I’m surprised a lot of people aren’t jumping at this option, there’s only a few of us interested in thousand dollar sculpts.

Sort of agree with you there. Thinking of removing 1/6 Burton stuff altogether and just sticking with JND 1/3. Love the films enough that I think they deserve the larger format in my collection. Only problem I foresee is if they don't make Nicholson Joker. That would seriously bum me out AND selling those statues would be a pita. I'm usually ok losing money on a 1/6 figure but a $2k statue? Probably not.

To be fair, for $4-$500 you're getting a fully complete figure with all the fixin's typically and not just a clothing set. Everyone's mileage varies and not everyone can afford spending $1k+ on each figure they want; let alone wanting to go through the trouble of buying a headsculpt, then sending to a custom artist to paint and/or hair, custom shoes, getting all the "higher end" accessories by full metal or someone else. It's a big commitment and not one everyone wants to go through. Some also just don't see the value in custom stuff and that's ok. There's room for almost everyone at the price point their comfortable with. That said, many ppl have already mentioned being priced out of HT and InArt figures and have to make sacrifices just to afford the ones they really want nowadays.

Heck, I have 5 custom Daniel Craig James Bond figures in progress and every now and then I wonder if the juice will be worth squeeze in the end :lol
Oh yeah. People can collect whatever they like, and they're entitled to their opinions. I only take issue when someone's being an ass about it. Certain individuals love to poke at others who indulge in the custom stuff every chance they get. But I'd much rather spend more on something to get it right, than spend less on something that can become obsolete overnight. I've been caught in that cycle enough times to know.

I can't be content with placeholders anymore. I'll get a figure only if it meets a certain standard out the box, or otherwise if I'm willing to commit to getting it to that point with a little extra work.

More often than not, these Hot Toys don't cut it in terms of what I'm looking for. But it's also annoying that you can't express wanting more out of these companies without some neck beard breathing down your neck.

Last edited:
I’m surprised so many companies struggle with magnetic bases. Recently got a full figure from Por.toys and the magnets in the feet are very strong, so are the ankles. The entire base is magnetic unlike the two small magnets InArt uses. I can literally lift the entire base if I pick up the figure and that base has some decent weight to it.

I have no doubt JND will deliver on that. They use extremely strong magnets for their statues.
Yeah.
I haven't had much experience with magnetic bases to know if they can truly be reliable for 1/6 scale. But as far as Inart is concerned with those bases... They want to play pretend premium and not commit to that standard. And it's been disastrous for collectors.

Back