Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s really stylized, that’s the issue with a lot of these sculpts, especially with his paint.

Yeah maybe... I don't know... I'd like to see John's take on it with his new style.

$700 is a bargain..

Screenshot_20240829-231333_Chrome-01.jpeg

Maybe he's been reading the thread.. lol

How can you genuinely charge someone $700 for this.. I get the sculpt isn’t good but still.

That's an expression i've never seen anyone tackle, it would be perfect for what I need.
1000011441.jpg

Are you talking about the Mr.egg sculpt above? Surprised you like that one, it’s a miss to me.

Are you talking about the Mr.egg sculpt above? Surprised you like that one, it’s a miss to me.
I'm not a big fan of Mr.egg's work on Ledger at all, his Hit me sculpt works better on me than the neutral expression one but it's still a miss. I wouldn't get any of them personally, there's just something off about them, I don't think the likeness is strong enough.

That's an expression i've never seen anyone tackle, it would be perfect for what I need. View attachment 722999
That one hasn't been done yet, the smirk with the mouth slightly open like he was talking.
I think it would be a great sculpt to do.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a sculpt like this, can really see Heath through the makeup here.

IMG_4267.jpeg

Probably wait for another Arirang sculpt or something, he’s always interested in Ledger.
personally not interested in any of his hosting projects since 4.0, he's doing his own ledger sculpts now, building off of nancy's base.

id be more interested to see john wu's take on rolling eyes for joker more than arirang's sculpt. it looks too much like normal ledger and not joker

Where does it fail for you?
Just don’t see Ledger in it any, especially knowing the cost someone paid to have work done on it.

If you’re going to spend a lot of money on commission work, it’s usually better to use a headsculpt that you’ve already seen painted to
give a better gauge on final product.

I’d feel like I ripped someone off if I sent that back for $700 USD even though I only painted and haired it. I know there’s not much Yuan could do with it, but offering a voice of reasoning saying “hey this sculpt might not look very good painted, perhaps you’d like to find another sculpt for your spot” seems like the ethical thing to do.

I wouldn’t want to spend my time painting and hairing a sculpt I know to be inadequate just for a dollar, but that’s me.

I wouldn’t want to spend my time painting and hairing a sculpt I know to be inadequate just for a dollar, but that’s me.
I get what you are saying, but for a lot of painters it’s their full time job. So declining people just because you personally think the sculpt isn’t great would be a dumb move.

And telling people “hey this sculpt might not look very good painted, perhaps you’d like to find another sculpt for your spot” isn’t very smart either. This might prevent hosts from choosing you as a painter in the future as you’re basically saying don’t buy this sculpt it doesn’t look great.

In any business, customer is king. Always.

I bought this sculpt and I honestly don’t know how to feel about it. Some angles I really like what I’m seeing and in others not so much.

I do think having his head tilted down really helps with the likeness. First picture looks great to me, but in the second picture I cannot see Heath at all.

IMG_6168.jpeg

IMG_6169.jpeg

That’s why artists are rarely businessmen.
I’d care more about the quality product I’m pushing than just getting paid to do work I’m personally not satisfied with.

I don’t see how it’s any different than denying recasts. If you don’t want to work on something that’s entirely up to you and your customers either understand that or they look for other artists. Better than promising work on something you’re not motivated to see finished. I’m a firm believer by not putting anything out you wouldn’t want your name by.

I bought this sculpt and I honestly don’t know how to feel about it. Some angles I really like what I’m seeing and in others not so much.

I do think having his head tilted down really helps with the likeness. First picture looks great to me, but in the second picture I cannot see Heath at all.

View attachment 723105
View attachment 723106
When did you buy it? Who did you pay by paypal my friend?

That’s why artists are rarely businessmen.
I’d care more about the quality product I’m pushing than just getting paid to do work I’m personally not satisfied with.

I don’t see how it’s any different than denying recasts. If you don’t want to work on something that’s entirely up to you and your customers either understand that or they look for other artists. Better than promising work on something you’re not motivated to see finished. I’m a firm believer by not putting anything out you wouldn’t want your name by.
Yuan might actually like the sculpt and/or the work he puts out, we don’t know. You need to put your personal opinion aside when working with customers. How crazy the request might be, as long as they are satisfied.

This might look crap to most, but amazing to someone else.

I don’t think Yuan is on the same level like Yelim for example. Yelim can decline work and still get plenty of customers, but this isn’t the case for people like Yuan. He only paints and hairs Jokers (with some exceptions) so declining a big project like that just because you don’t like it would be foolish.

Still totally agree with your last two sentences tho, often if someone's not motivated to do something they might take shortcuts and rush the end result.

When it comes to the Joker I actually ask the artist his opinion on a project before doing it.
John for exemple told me not to get one headsculpt before, I don't know if he does that with everyone but he does with me.

I think it depends on the situation but I agree with both of you.

Back