Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a really awesome dio, and I agree that it'd look awesome with the blood on the side of his face. As for the whole thing about Batman and Joker, that's actually one of the reasons I'm surprised no one's done a float, yet; mainly because of the Batmobile. I always thought that, when people had that and Batman together, Joker kind of played second fiddle, and the float would be the perfect way to showcase Jack, while the car showcased the yin to his yang, if you will.

Thanks man. But I think your right, if some how I found the space for the batmobile, batman & and joker I dont think the Joker would get the appreciation that it deserves. To me its in the top 10 list of great likeness to the character. I was trying to find the pic that I had seen of the joker with his arms out and cash in his hand and on the floor with a backdrop pic of the float, looked really good.

That's the coolest Detolf setup I've seen. I love the final Joker scene. :clap

Thanks much appreciated, Yea the joker Dio was just a fluke thing that I decided to make last minute, but its my favorite at the moment. Just the blank stare that he has looks at home in a death scene.

Sorry to jump in but you read my mind. Ive been wanting to do it ever since I purchased it a several months back (first figure for me) But I always hesitated because I wanted to have him and batman together, so a float and a batwing proved to be a bit much for me, lol so unfortunately he has been on the back burner:( But I just scored a loose indiana figure and finished his dio along with Robo and Ahhnuld and I figured like most not to use the bottom section of the Detolf but as I felt bad for putting him away I remembered the other solo scene I wanted to do is the death scene so fits perfect on the bottom and was easy to make and I had the material so I said "YOLO". So far the easiest, cheapest to make, and to me draws me in all the time. Its missing a few loose rocks and gargoyle fragments and the tiles arent supposed to be perfect but just rushed thru it so when I have people come over for superbowl they see a complete detolf.
On a side note if anyone knows of any paint or dye that I can use for blood around the mouth without permanently staining please let me know.

View attachment 162215

View attachment 162216
Wow. That is one of the best displays I've ever seen. Bravo.

Sorry to jump in but you read my mind. Ive been wanting to do it ever since I purchased it a several months back (first figure for me) But I always hesitated because I wanted to have him and batman together, so a float and a batwing proved to be a bit much for me, lol so unfortunately he has been on the back burner:( But I just scored a loose indiana figure and finished his dio along with Robo and Ahhnuld and I figured like most not to use the bottom section of the Detolf but as I felt bad for putting him away I remembered the other solo scene I wanted to do is the death scene so fits perfect on the bottom and was easy to make and I had the material so I said "YOLO". So far the easiest, cheapest to make, and to me draws me in all the time. Its missing a few loose rocks and gargoyle fragments and the tiles arent supposed to be perfect but just rushed thru it so when I have people come over for superbowl they see a complete detolf.
On a side note if anyone knows of any paint or dye that I can use for blood around the mouth without permanently staining please let me know.

View attachment 162215

View attachment 162216

Simply amazyng... :clap

Killer display N3M3SIS 2ALL. Where did you find the accessories for the terminator scene and the police car looks awesome...

Thank you. The window is a picture frame, and the cubicles are foam board, the desks are foam cubes and I just cut up some balsa wood to make them look like a desk. And the wanted posters were printed from google search just downsized.

Re: Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

No problem. :) If I were a man of money I'd buy several more of these figures and do other mods. One would the, "You wouldn't hit a man with glasses, would ya?" Hair and make up messy with those glasses. Maybe do one of the flesh tone mob meeting. Id also like to get a second head and have a repaint of the face like this without the poofier hair so he can wear his hat.

Last edited:
Fiend, that is the best looking Jack Joker I've been able to see... congrats on those mods.

I also love what Nemesis did.... awesome.

My humble display, I try to display the group a bit better.

image4.jpeg

Since Hot Toys shelled out the dough for Jack's likeness, I would love to see a Jack Napier figure. I don't think it'll happen but if someone were to make a Jack Nicholson sculpt, then far be it for us to kitbash one.

"Why Eckart you ought to think about the future."

That DX 14 is really starting to grow on me. The DX 08 does an excellent job of portraying the 89 Joker at his most manic, but, with that subtle expression, the Nicholson likeness just seethes through the Mime version, and it's damn impressive.

View attachment 162215

View attachment 162216

Sheer class. Requoting your pics because I should. :rock

Back